free hit
counters
Carbon fibre options - Page 10 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Carbon fibre options

17 hours ago, CocoPops said:

I’ve just had delivery of two items from Chariot.

diffuser and front access panel.

happy with diffuser, not quite so with th front access panel (V weave slightly off centre). Waiting to see what their thoughts are…

What is the issue with the front panel ? Only the V weave ? Do you have any fitting issues ? Like being too high above the clam?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 05/07/2021 at 19:30, CocoPops said:

4 days HK to UK.

No duty.

Sorry to go on but did you have to pay any VAT on the goods?

I’m reading up on import duties and one website says none due from HK due to the free trade agreement but then I’m reading other posts where people suggest VAT and Import Duty is to be paid.

I have paid no VAT or duty. Delivered by TNT.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

The additional taxes doesn’t make it such a good deal.

The 430 cup Louvered hatch is £1600 + £550 delivery + import duty (15%?) + VAT

Total cost would likely be over £3k which is still cheaper than the Lotus part but it’s a lot of money for just a bit of bling. 

Quite happy to pay duty/VAT on $1.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

On 07/07/2021 at 08:16, CocoPops said:

I have paid no VAT or duty. Delivered by TNT.

I guarantee you will get a invoice through the post in the next few weeks from TNT. This is now normal practice. They give you a pretty short timeline to pay and are relentless in chasing it up. 

On 09/07/2021 at 08:06, Exx said:

Coco ?

I don’t have a car to fit it to yet. Cup250FE still being built.

B34DE334-F887-4A9A-B5E2-7ACFA6C42227.jpeg

Quality control working beautifully. Not.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

On 08/07/2021 at 17:01, Custard said:

The shipping is c35%

So believe this includes the 20%vat and 3%import tax on carbon fibre 

Although an online import duty calculator suggests it's 2% from HK 

Welcome to TLF. :welcome:

Do you have a Lotus? (not required to be a member one here though)

You should duck over to the introductions area and say hi in there as well. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

On 03/07/2021 at 20:39, Custardkid said:

Any one have any experience of 

https://www.the-chariot.com/

The do a 410 style engine hatch

Welcome to TLF. :welcome:

Have you got any photos of your Exige?

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well. :) 

• 4 weeks later...