free hit
counters
Carbon fibre options - Page 3 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What DJW said above. FWIW, for the 2-11, once we went with more aero up front with a larger splitter, extra support was needed to avoid damage to the clam as well as the aluminum under-tray.....

I'm saving weight by now having a very light wallet... 

Ok my frustration has hit a limit and I want my car full carbon. can those with carbon parts please post a picture, with details of where it’s from, how easy it was to fit and the good/bad.

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

@GFWilliams the shipment landed two days ago and is being unpacked. these parts for sure:

Front splitter
Front access hatch
Side scoops 
Louvred hatch 
Spoiler 
Rear diffuser 

Just waiting on Yvo to work out his costs/margin and to see if we can do a group buy/discount on TLF. 

Edited by Bravo73
[Post moved from another thread]
6 hours ago, BatMobile said:

@GFWilliams the shipment landed two days ago and is being unpacked. these parts for sure:

Front splitter
Front access hatch
Side scoops 
Louvred hatch 
Spoiler 
Rear diffuser 

Just waiting on Yvo to work out his costs/margin and to see if we can do a group buy/discount on TLF. 

I'm interested in the front access hatch depending on what price it works out at...

Edited by Bravo73
[Post moved from another thread]
On 22/01/2018 at 14:20, BatMobile said:

Hey Guys,

As you all know i was exploring options with Win Ace / Yvo Tuk and the shipment has arrived today. He is sorting through and will then know final costs for all exige carbon parts. Once this is done he will review his margin to see if we could get a discount through a group buy. 

Would anyone else be interested in doing this? 

We would all deal direct with Yvo at Elise Shop for payment to make things risk free.....but it would be good to know rough numbers (assuming anyone else wants these parts) so Yvo can give us his best price.

Yep still interested in these although added some carbon to my factory order, so less than added and need to see car in the flesh to see how it all balances out

On 1/22/2018 at 19:03, NW76 said:

Depending on pricing and on availability in a matt carbon finish (not glossy) I might be interested in some bits n pieces as well ?

I think glossy bits would look great on your car to contrast the matte black paint!

1 hour ago, alias23 said:

Depending on timing and costs I too could be interested in the front access panel and enlarged side scoops (as per the Cup)

Do you need to know how many grams they save first? 

• Gold FFM

Great to know there is a fair few of us. Hopefully he will give us some incentive to buy with a nice discount.

Provided there is, i will then come back with options and costs.

if not I will pester another provider :)

i love how every lotus is slightly different, been interesting to watch everyone’s ideas. It is also the first winter where it starts to get expensive, hard watching and not getting the bug to tweak this and that on the car. 

Keep up the good work George and Imran, enjoying your build threads.

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, BatMobile said:

Keep up the good work George and Imran, enjoying your build threads.

Thanks! Realise i've been a little quiet on the build thread for a while but lots gone on in the background... just need to find time to write!

www.alias23.com

On 24-1-2018 at 10:31, BatMobile said:

Front splitter
Front access hatch
Side scoops 
Louvred hatch 
Spoiler 
Rear diffuser 

Is the front access hatch the normal one or the cup style one? And the louvred hatch is that the same as the awfull one sold by Komotec, wich also is sold by winace. Or just the panel wich only replaces the rear glass?

I would also be interessted in the cup380 style side scoops and rear wing by the way.

Edited by rasasoufe
9 minutes ago, rasasoufe said:

Is the front access hatch the normal one or the cup style one? And the louvred hatch is that the same as the awfull one sold by Komotec, wich also is sold by winace. Or just the panel wich only replaces the rear glass?

I would also be interessted in the cup380 style side scoops and rear wing by the way.

Front access panel is the 380 style:

http://www.elise-shop.com/380-sports-style-front-access-panel-exige-v6-p-503303.html - available in GRP and carbon

1 hour ago, MrP_ said:

http://www.elise-shop.com/380-sports-style-front-access-panel-exige-v6-p-503303.html - available in GRP and carbon

Ah. Thanks. This wasn't on elise-shops website when I looked yesterday.

Sadly the side scoops are the sport 380 ones and not the cup 380 ones :-(

£1556 for the rear hatch in carbon... Well that includes vat...

I wonder if they'll do the rear lower parts that go alongside the diffuser from the 380, as win ace show them as well.

Unsure why they always add a red lip to their stuff, I guess as the 380 had them, but I'm sure they'd be better off just doing them in black. Hopefully its just tape?.

Martin S

29 minutes ago, MARTIN_S said:

I wonder if they'll do the rear lower parts that go alongside the diffuser from the 380, as win ace show them as well.

Unsure why they always add a red lip to their stuff, I guess as the 380 had them, but I'm sure they'd be better off just doing them in black. Hopefully its just tape?.

Martin S

Already ordered the rear spats. They come with the red stripe as standard, if you want them all black you have to 'special order' with a current lead time of 3 months. So i've ordered and will just get them re-sprayed.

www.alias23.com

2 hours ago, MARTIN_S said:

Martin S

http://www.elise-shop.com/380-sport-rear-canards-in-grp-or-carbon-fibre-exige-v6-p-503308.html

• Like 1

Good stuff, especially as when accessing the win ace site my anti virus kept having a fit.

Possibly interested in some side skirts and rear canards but have notices they don't have them on the 430 now, so they probably didn't do anything

useful maybe, just looked decent?

Martin S

Edited by MARTIN_S
18 minutes ago, MARTIN_S said:

Possibly interested in some side skirts and rear canards but have notices they don't have them on the 430 now, so they probably didn't do anything

useful maybe, just looked decent?

I know what you mean, I quite fancy the side skirts and rear canards as I think it gives the car a little more edge to it.  Would be happy with black grp.

On 25-1-2018 at 13:23, MrP_ said:

Paul, where does it state that the front access panel (380 style) is also available in carbon from Yvo?

I need to get a carbon one, without the red paint on it (doh!).  And then of course the side scoops (for which it looks on the website that the left hand side one doesn't come with the air duct to have the OEM air snorkel connected to?).

Edited by Kristof Thys
1 hour ago, Kristof Thys said:

Paul, where does it state that the front access panel (380 style) is also available in carbon from Yvo?

I need to get a carbon one, without the red paint on it (doh!).  And then of course the side scoops (for which it looks on the website that the left hand side one doesn't come with the air duct to have the OEM air snorkel connected to?).

It was in the options drop down, but they appear to have sold out so just grp left now.