free hit
counters
Carbon fibre options - Page 6 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Carbon fibre options

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 16/06/2018 at 05:26, GFWilliams said:

Personally I’ve never been that impressed with the finish of the Reverie Carbon - it doesn’t age well and the gloss doesn’t last 

Was it polished or lacquered from new?  The polished finish is just natural carbon that is polished, rather than with a high gloss lacquer applied like most other suppliers do.

The lacquer will provide a small amount of additional UV protection, and hides imperfections in the carbon weave.  Not everyone likes the high gloss finish, and don't opt for the lacquer.

Dave

On 19/06/2018 at 13:13, BatMobile said:

@BatMobile Really interested in most of the win ace bits. They've taken the pages down though! Are you ordering a big batch, so need a commitment by a date or will they just appear on the Elise parts site? 

Edited by MrP_

@stephenwhyte I will pm you.

@MrP_ they won’t order half the parts as they aren’t in high demand so my order is due to go on the next container, arrival end of summer.

i can find out latest order dates if you like. 

They have a crate due for shipping this Friday so I would guess common parts will appear in the next 3-4 weeks as they unload the container. 

If you want cup parts then best to jump on my order. 

• Thanks 1

2 weeks is the deadline to order so you get on the next shipment.

send me a pm if you want anything and i will share my full name so you can quote that when you order to get the same price as me.

you will need to do it all direct with Elise shop. 

I am also thinking about carbon parts for my 350. but for track usage,  I will clearly not consider front splitter, or rear diffuser in carbon.

the tailgate and the rear wing are so beautiful on the 380cup and 430cup ... really want that if I keep my car, but the lotus parts are really expensive.

• 4 months later...

Hey Matt, join the thread of frustration, that should be its name.

we are all having issues getting carbon easily, Elise shop has access to win ace but have proved to quite a few, difficult to deal with! 

Its gone off my radar of late, mainly due to the fact it’s hard work, but I will in the next few months do whats required to just get it done.

want full carbon and bc forged wheels done before next years track season starts. 

Something that does seem to be a running theme is make sure wherever you get to install it has body shop knowledge as most seem to require fettling and also machine polishing. 

• Like 1

Thanks @BatMobile, without wishing to make this sound like a response to a lonely hearts ad, it sounds like we both want the same things despite the frustration, so let's keep in touch!

I did email the Elise Shop this morning and, to be fair to them, got a very quick response from Yvo Tuk - although unfortunately he wasn't sure exactly what the red paint colour code is on the 380 sport carbon parts they stock.

Anyone have any ideas?  If it's Ardent Red, that would be great for me, but if it's not an exact match for the rest of the car I'll have to find another option as two different shades of red would clash. And we certainly can't have that, can we?

Matteo at Eltech offers a range of fantastic Carbon bits. I have the rear wing and front splitter, with intent to purchase the rear deck lid and front access panel in the coming months. He also offers the 380 style with which ever colour you wish.

1 minute ago, W31SSN said:

Matteo at Eltech offers a range of fantastic Carbon bits. I have the rear wing and front splitter, with intent to purchase the rear deck lid and front access panel in the coming months. He also offers the 380 style with which ever colour you wish.

My friend Adrian at Torqen.uk deals with Matteo/Eltech. I've spoken to him and he is happy to look into Lotus parts if people are interested, so give him a call or email ( if Matteo doesn't respond. )

This is not an advert for him, I get 0 out of it, just trying to help Lotus members out and maybe get Matteo more business too with a group buy type situation - share the cost of shopping over a pallet/container type deal.

• Like 1

Dear All,

Let me introduce myself :I am owning a small business, where we produce carbon parts since decades for Lotus Exige series 2 and for many rally cars: Clio R3, Suzuki Swift S1600, Mitsubishi Lancer EVO V-X, Subaru Impreza WRX STi, Opel Adam.

I am a petrolhead, located in Budapest, Hungary. Currently owning an RS 197 Clio, what I rebuilt to a track day toy,  won few Time Attacks at Hungaroring, Slovakiaring and Pannoniaring.

https://www.clio197.net/threads/flacsis-racing-red-197.48107/

My goal is to switch to a used Exige S series2. To reach this I am selling my parts worldwide.

All carbon parts are hand-made. Items are produced based on orders. Selling them on the playground Classifieds, various Facebook groups and eBay as well, here is my store:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/flacsicarbonperformance

Please take a look on my full product range here:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/MvwjAs

Would you be interested, pls contact me!

Cheers Flacsi

door_cards_2.jpg

roof_1.jpg

Edited by Flacsi

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I'd update y'all on my carbon nightmare from Elise shop.

I was given a binnacle cover back in August for my birthday, fitted it a few weeks back - looks good, a tab wasn't quite moulded straight so fitting was a bit awkward but ended okay - reassmble the other trims and wheel... notice that the OEM piece actually sits over the top and looks awful ( pics below ) Speaking to Yvo, he said well I can either cut them off, live with it, or send it back. I fought for a refund, but didn't want to take my whole car apart to send it back again, so we ended up with doing nothing, and I had to buy the matching column shroud.
It took over a week to even be despatched, after he said he'd check it against the parts to make sure it looked right and fit well. Fair enough I thought. Arrived today, started fitting it, then I noticed the issue.

It says for V6 models on the website, so I assumed it would fit my Sport 350. I was wrong. The steering column shrough does not include a hole for the exhaust flap.
I sent a pissed off email and photos to Yvo, who said basically just send it back and I'll refund you the shroud, but not the binnacle.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place now - Either have a shit looking car - unacceptable - or risk drilling my own hole in the CF to make it fit.

1 hour ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Just thought I'd update y'all on my carbon nightmare from Elise shop.

I was given a binnacle cover back in August for my birthday, fitted it a few weeks back - looks good, a tab wasn't quite moulded straight so fitting was a bit awkward but ended okay - reassmble the other trims and wheel... notice that the OEM piece actually sits over the top and looks awful ( pics below ) Speaking to Yvo, he said well I can either cut them off, live with it, or send it back. I fought for a refund, but didn't want to take my whole car apart to send it back again, so we ended up with doing nothing, and I had to buy the matching column shroud.
It took over a week to even be despatched, after he said he'd check it against the parts to make sure it looked right and fit well. Fair enough I thought. Arrived today, started fitting it, then I noticed the issue.

It says for V6 models on the website, so I assumed it would fit my Sport 350. I was wrong. The steering column shrough does not include a hole for the exhaust flap.
I sent a pissed off email and photos to Yvo, who said basically just send it back and I'll refund you the shroud, but not the binnacle.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place now - Either have a shit looking car - unacceptable - or risk drilling my own hole in the CF to make it fit.

What bit needs to fit over where?

If it all now fits I'd just drill the hole and have done with it. Tape both sides, use a carbide drill, probably a bit too small and wider out the cap with precision files to prevent splintering.

Every part I've bought has needed fettling to make fit, I know that doesn't make it better. This includes Komotec, and even several years back parts that came directly from the Lotus trim shop.

I will post pictures shortly, still fitting.

I must say it does fit, just not quite plug and play like I'd hoped.

Drilled hole - started small and worked my way up using metal drills carefully and slowly with a plank underneath to drill into to minimize splintering. Worked a charm. Filed the rest and can't even tell.

I'll update with pics and highlight problem areas but I'd say I'm 75% happy with the fit.

Note to self, calm down and think before raging on the internet!

As you can see, they have been rough chopped on the ends to fit. Looks fucking awful. Was not done by me, and I will have to find a way of hiding this. Probably use piping or something.

The fit isn't amazing, it catches in a few places, hence the odd side photo, but everything else lined up. It was picking between the tiny top panel being skew or the whole shroud straining and sitting odd also.

Also note how the weaves flow in different directions. 

I will say I'm sure you can make it fit better with lots of time and effort, but after 4 hours in the cold of drilling, filing and fitting, I'd had enough. 

20181214_135446.jpg

20181214_135502.jpg

20181214_135512.jpg

• Sad 1