free hit
counters
Carbon fibre options - Page 7 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Carbon fibre options

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
21 minutes ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

That’s piss poor quality. I would be asking for my money back. Shocking that they think it’s ok to sell this. 

I tried but he wasn't interested, I then suggest partial refund, as I needed the shroud as well as the binacle cover which wasn't explained - again nothing.

So it's either strip car back to OEM plastic and get a half refund. Only the shroud could be returned as the other was bought in August and fitted... or man up and fit it and hope for the best

Ok my frustration has hit a limit and I want my car full carbon.

can those with carbon parts please post a picture, with details of where it’s from, how easy it was to fit and the good/bad.

maybe that way we can know what parts to buy from where and also maybe give some of these jokers a necessary kick up the arse.

• Like 2

@NW76 from memory didn’t you buy from LM Corse? How did you find the fit and quality?

For those that aren’t carbon obsessed but look for some extra styling... I now have side sills available cut from satin black plastic now available unpainted 😉

7BCB759A-B597-4E96-80D8-6A48BD9EADB0.jpeg.8d9cb9771ce07f7dca6902c8295a026e.jpeg

ABDD2982-74CC-407B-B854-D1872901CEAE.jpeg.1d45e3b99d7b545a804bc1a9dfd2b57a.jpeg

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

@RoflOnMyWaffle I’ve kinda lost track...

you had stuff from August but only fitted it in December? Wanted a refund, but didn’t want to take it off the car to send back?

the “big” issue was a 10mm hole missing for an exhaust switch? That looks misplaced in standard cars anyway imo... So could have taken opportunity to place it wherever you wanted.

Sorry, all seems a bit melodramatic to me, but maybe I’ve only summarised the main points and missed something?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

1 hour ago, CocoPops said:

@RoflOnMyWaffle I’ve kinda lost track...

you had stuff from August but only fitted it in December? Wanted a refund, but didn’t want to take it off the car to send back?

the “big” issue was a 10mm hole missing for an exhaust switch? That looks misplaced in standard cars anyway imo... So could have taken opportunity to place it wherever you wanted.

Sorry, all seems a bit melodramatic to me, but maybe I’ve only summarised the main points and missed something?

I understand not refunding an old part like I had - thats fair - never fitted it cause needed the car too often to take it apart haha. I doubt it can be removed without damage now, one of the tabs wasn't moulded in right so it's a but of a force job to make it fit - probably snap trying to remove it.

Plus I'd have to ship it back at my expense, and be left with a carbon binacle cover that looks shit without the shroud.  So all in I'd have wasted my time fitting it plus shipping it. Not worth it in the end. Maybe I'm just used to better customer service

It's a pretty annoying issue to have. It's not been designed for our cars and he knows it, yet doesnt list it as such. I posted 2 reviews for each part to try and warn others with 350 or newer cars but those haven't appeared on elise shop.

I agree it comes across as a bit dramatic, but when you buy a part for your car you expect it to fit rather easily, but then they are cheap parts relatively speaking for carbon replacements

• Thanks 1

With the price of these things I disagree about it being over the top.

if I am spending around £6000 to get all the parts I want then i expect them to bloody fit properly. I also expect the seller to be nigh on perfect when it comes to the buying experience to give me full confidence in parting with that amount of cash.

When I read of reviews being withheld, parts not fitting including a £2k komotec carbon wing it just makes me shake my head.

my experience with Yvo has been beyond F’ing painful. It’s literally made me give up on three separate occasions; and I know I am not alone in this. I just want all the cup380 carbon parts, should be simple right.......

massive opportunity for someone to just make it the right way at a decent price. 

Whats eltech Italia like? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BatMobile said:

With the price of these things I disagree about it being over the top.

if I am spending around £6000 to get all the parts I want then i expect them to bloody fit properly. I also expect the seller to be nigh on perfect when it comes to the buying experience to give me full confidence in parting with that amount of cash.

When I read of reviews being withheld, parts not fitting including a £2k komotec carbon wing it just makes me shake my head.

my experience with Yvo has been beyond F’ing painful. It’s literally made me give up on three separate occasions; and I know I am not alone in this. I just want all the cup380 carbon parts, should be simple right.......

massive opportunity for someone to just make it the right way at a decent price. 

Whats eltech Italia like? 

I agree. I don't want to be sanding, filing and drilling CF. One slip and the whole piece is fucked. Maybe it's because I co run a business where aftersales is actually more important than just price so I expect more from others? 

At least Yvo speaks English, Eltech language barrier is frustrating but he seems to listen and understand what I want, albeit slow with replies. We shall see. It's getting to the point where I too have given up with CF.

Does the oem part come predrilled? I doubt it. I bet Lotus use the same shroud for all Elise/exige combos.

I know I’d more pissed if a part came predrilled and I didn’t need the whole. You can drill a hole yourself but covering up a hole...

Indeed the lower shroud is shared across all cars... same part number. So you have to assume that Lotus/dealer would drill before fitting.

06D47440-74F7-429C-BF1C-2EE235DC2D7A.png

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

26 minutes ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

I agree. I don't want to be sanding, filing and drilling CF. One slip and the whole piece is fucked. Maybe it's because I co run a business where aftersales is actually more important than just price so I expect more from others? 

At least Yvo speaks English, Eltech language barrier is frustrating but he seems to listen and understand what I want, albeit slow with replies. We shall see. It's getting to the point where I too have given up with CF.

I speak Italian (dad is from Rome) - whats his quality like?

i am happy to do the conversation part for people.

7 minutes ago, BatMobile said:

Can't speak for quality as I haven't seen it. However a few others on here might be able to help? 

16 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

Does the oem part come predrilled? I doubt it. I bet Lotus use the same shroud for all Elise/exige combos.

I know I’d more pissed if a part came predrilled and I didn’t need the whole. You can drill a hole yourself but covering up a hole...

Indeed the lower shroud is shared across all cars... same part number. So you have to assume that Lotus/dealer would drill before fitting.

06D47440-74F7-429C-BF1C-2EE235DC2D7A.png

When I look on Deroure it says "Column Cowl, lower, with exh valve button, sensosoft, black"

That to me would mean it's got the exh button already mounted...? Not sure. Could also mean it comes with a button spare, but then it should should come with the other button??

Anyways lets not get off topic! 

I wasn't happy, I guess I didn't resolve it well, but hey, hands up - sorry! 

Was meant more as a warning for newer car owners. 

2 hours ago, BatMobile said:

I’m about to order a bunch of stuff from Eltech. I’ve seen various components in the flesh for the Exige, and for other cars too. Dealing with Matteo is painless enough, and has been pretty friendly to deal with. 

I have the expectation all parts will need some fettling, that’s the risk of handmade.

As for other carbon parts:

I have engine covers from Elise-Shop, fitted fine but needed additional bonding on the mounts as they would not stand being ripped off at service, so needed strengthening.

Lotus parts fitted spot on, but they are prodrive parts. Lotus don’t even lacquer them as it’s a completely different clear coat to the rest of the parts. Expensive but good.

Komotec rear wing and splitter. Mounts needed plenty of reshaping, they sent the incorrect mounting hardware, wing needed wet sanding, compounding and polishing. Lacquer had solvent gassing spots. Not uncommon for carbon, but frustrating. Front splitter strengthening plate needed recutting as it was done wrong. Splitter itself wasn’t carbon as I preferred not to.

7 minutes ago, W31SSN said:

Eltech quality is very good. 

Never had a language problem with Matteo at Eltech. 

I used your splitter to explain what I didnt want hahaha  yours is 7cm I want 5cm thats all

His English is like google translate ( might even be ) but with context you can work it enough, but it takes a bit of thinking when Google throws a hissy fit.

11 hours ago, alias23 said:

@NW76 from memory didn’t you buy from LM Corse? How did you find the fit and quality?

For those that aren’t carbon obsessed but look for some extra styling... I now have side sills available cut from satin black plastic now available unpainted 😉

7BCB759A-B597-4E96-80D8-6A48BD9EADB0.jpeg.8d9cb9771ce07f7dca6902c8295a026e.jpeg

ABDD2982-74CC-407B-B854-D1872901CEAE.jpeg.1d45e3b99d7b545a804bc1a9dfd2b57a.jpeg

Hi Imran,

I bought my sills and instrument cover from Lea Components (via KomoTec) ... great quality - worked out well. I partucularly like the matte carbon finish they can do.

Hope that helps...

Cheers

With my previous car I used Carbon NV in Milton Keynes.

http://www.carbon-nv.co.uk/

Mark there was very helpful and the quality of what he supplied was very good. Reasonably priced too. I know he’s not adverse to making changes as the pedal box cover he supplied for my car was for a car engined car and I sent him my one as I had a bike engined car and he copied my original one in carbon.

My experience of all carbon products (in the kit car scene) has been that they all need some fettling to fit, but then there is a lot of variance in the bodies of Westfields...

Looking in the gallery on his site it does look like he has made some Lotus parts before.

I have no connection with the company other than having bought some stuff from him in the past.