free hit
counters
Silverstone GP - 26th November 17 - Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
GFWilliams

Silverstone GP - 26th November 17

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

An ideal opportunity to shakedown the Ohlins, which should be fitted by then.

@alias23, did you hear that? I might do a trackday! Interested?

• Like 1

I really liked Opentrack days before and this may be an excellent opportunity to have the first trackday in the Exige. Can hardly be in a better place than Silverstone - interesting yet very safe setting. Will either convince myself to book now or will book after coming back from holidays in early November.

Thank you, @Dunc1! Booked it just now :-)

Edited by vd9

Anyone got some good recommendations of places to stay near Silverstone? I'm inclined to stay nearby the night before, rather than trek from the south coast early-doors.

I'll be there if I can and if the weather isn't horrendous. But won't book as the car will still be running in. If I can I might try and get some gentle laps in, be good to see what the score is with noise and put a heat cycle on the Cup2s.

• Like 1

Running in on circuit, I like your style :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

1 hour ago, The Pits said:

I'll be there if I can and if the weather isn't horrendous. But won't book as the car will still be running in. If I can I might try and get some gentle laps in, be good to see what the score is with noise and put a heat cycle on the Cup2s.

In your 430? When is it due?

2 hours ago, Arun_D said:

Anyone got some good recommendations of places to stay near Silverstone? I'm inclined to stay nearby the night before, rather than trek from the south coast early-doors.

happy to convoy up if you decide to not stay over - should only be two hours from the M23 services

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arun_D said:

The local Premier Inn is just down the road 

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

I'm done for 2017 - need front brake pads and rear tyres so taking it easy over the winter. Have a good day at Silverstone and hope to catch up with some of you on track in 2018.

• Like 1

Thanks folks. I'll be enjoying the comfort of my Hypnos bed and Lenny Henry's silent night guarantee on the 25th.

Is there a waiting list that Opentrack can put you on? There are bound to be drop outs at this time of year.

Otherwise, if you show up on the day, there might always be room for ‘just one more’. 

If I wasnt booked on I'd turn up and pretty sure they'd put you on a list and call you when a slot becomes available. Some go home after lunch which frees up space.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.