free hit
counters
Vegas Shootings - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Kimbers

Vegas Shootings

Once more terrible events unfolding in the US. Thoughts go out to anyone involved and I hope none of our members were there.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

And the NRA will maintain anybody should be able to buy semi-automatic weapons....  Sad.

Senseless. Shocking.

Thoughts to all the victims and their families.

What is it with the US's obsession with guns. I know guns don't kill but people do, but take away the gun and.....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

One of the reason many of our Terrorist attacks don't kill so many is that even Black Market guns are difficult to get hold of in the UK. It's sad that the American obsession with guns means that nutters and terrorists have easy access.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Most NRA fanatics (fantasists?) maintain that the American constitution gives every US citizen the right to bear arms.

Maybe back in the 18th Century when you were likely to be killed in the lawless 'Wild West', there was some justification. At the time that would pretty much have limited anyone to a six shot pistol or a rifle.

How has that morphed into the 'right' to own semi-automatic weapons of mass destruction??

Gun supporting US citizens really need to take a long hard look at this sad state of affairs and say when is enough, enough?

I generally hate Piers Morgan but he at least tried to make a stand against these people - for all the good it did him........

circa 3000 people were tragically killed in the 9/11 attacks and look at the massive reaction/outcome that happened following that....

1 American attacker with a single weapon kills 50 and injures 200+

A difference in scale perhaps but does anyone believe it will drive a rational change?

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

And now I hear the NRA has a bill for Congress to make getting silencers easier !!!! Can you imagine the silent mass carnage with no clue what is going on!!!

Paid Lobbyists own Congress !!!  :(

Unfortunately, this will continue to happen in the USA. When LaPierre has the gumption to say something like this:

"Yeah, that's probably the only way we'd reassess much of anything at this point: 1,000 dead kids, shot up pretty good, lying face down in the school auditorium or something like that," LaPierre said, noting that anything less than 1,000 dead kids would not be enough for the NRA to stop urging Congress to pass pro-gun legislation. "I mean, that's just a ballpark number, but I imagine seeing 1,000 or so body bags being wheeled out of a school and a whole town of crying parents would probably make us reflect on our values for at least a little bit."

"So yeah, more or less 1,000 dead kids," LaPierre added. "Something around there. And teachers don't count."

(From here)

there is not much chance of anything changing.

Condolences to anyone affected.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Just got home and read about it, very sad news indeed. USA is a very strange place where they have the constitutional right to have the facility to do this, and it's still ok in this day and age. Thoughts with those affected, which will be many thousands of people. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I live not to far from two US bases. How long before one of there nutters let go in a local village.

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Just got home and read about it, very sad news indeed. USA is a very strange place where they have the constitutional right to have the facility to do this, and it's still ok in this day and age. Thoughts with those affected, which will be many thousands of people. 

Well at the time it was written it was only muskets, but somehow it's morphed into semi-automatic weapons and no doubt the NRA will lobby so arms manufacturers can sell you RPGs and tanks the way it's going. follow the money !!

Edited by comem47

7 hours ago, ramjet said:

Unfortunately, this will continue to happen in the USA. When LaPierre has the gumption to say something like this:

"Yeah, that's probably the only way we'd reassess much of anything at this point: 1,000 dead kids, shot up pretty good, lying face down in the school auditorium or something like that," LaPierre said, noting that anything less than 1,000 dead kids would not be enough for the NRA to stop urging Congress to pass pro-gun legislation. "I mean, that's just a ballpark number, but I imagine seeing 1,000 or so body bags being wheeled out of a school and a whole town of crying parents would probably make us reflect on our values for at least a little bit."

"So yeah, more or less 1,000 dead kids," LaPierre added. "Something around there. And teachers don't count."

(From here)

This statement is totally false, neither LaPierre or anyone from the NRA has ever said anything even remotely similar to this quote. 

While this is a terrible, senseless tragedy and will certainly and deservedly result in more heated debate about gun control, it should not be exacerbated by spreading lies and slander against either side of the debate...

1995 S4s

If that is the case, I apologise. It was reported that way over here quite soon after Sandy Hook. I never thought to check the validity. Someone must have opened themselves up to a slander suit then?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

It might not be a written or said fact.

but in congress and the NRA - it's a psychological contract !

rip to all those affected in this tragic event

Only here once

Gun ownership average map per 100 and a quote from the article:   (note I don't own one but many people own several)

Now, gun ownership doesn't translate directly to more homicides. For instance, the United States has more than 12 times as many guns per person as Honduras, but the 2012 US gun homicide rate per 100,000 people (2.97) is 1/22 of Honduras's (68.43). That's because while guns make murder easier, internal instability or weak governance, or especially a recent history of internal conflict, can also contribute to this sort of violence.

But when you compare the United States with nations like Britain and Japan, it becomes clear that firearm ownership contributes to America's murder problem. The American firearm homicide rate is about 20 times the average among Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development countries (excluding Mexico).

gun_ownership_map.jpg

Edited by comem47

59 dead and 527 injured. Beggars belief.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

First responders including armed Police went to the Venue. It wasn't until one of them saw the muzzle flash they realised it was long distance and where from. It tool 1 hour 10 minutes to  reach the door of the room from time of first call.

Sort of what you'd expect from the UK, those time frames, not the USA.

Actually I read yesterday that the reason they were able to narrow in on what floor/room it was because of the noise in the hotel and that there was smoke in the room from the constant rapid fire setting off something, but evidently not the sprinklers. I just wish for once these people that do a mass shooting and then kill themselves at the end would start with themselves first !!!!

Bob smoke wont set off a sprinkler system although someone should tell Hollywood that they are activated by heat.

i caught up on this last night, absolutely sickening, i just do not get it and Iris claiming it was one of theirs makes it even worse especially that it doesn't appear to be true.