free hit
counters
Previously damaged S car. - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Previously damaged S car.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Potential female suitors, please note: @swindon_alanis listed as a Cat C. He has been gradually repaired over the years, and as a result he comes cheap.

I was seriously damaged by a woman 20 years ago and she was definitely not ok. She became my ex-wife and I never, ever want to see any pictures of her ever again.

Had another long chat with the owner tonight. Agreed a price we are both happy with and will be inspecting and collecting this week if the car is right. The fact that it has been run, serviced and mot

Posted Images

Fab ain't quite there yet. Every job I look at reveals 2 more. I knew this was going to be a long term project to get her road worthy (even tho it has a full mot by Helen Keller motors)

On 06/10/2017 at 20:59, pete said:

The main problem with any cat c or d car is on the insurance. If you are involved in another accident the amount they pay will be nowhere near what you paid for it or what you think it should be worth

Not necessarily true. If you have photos of the car and as a safety net get your servicing mechanic to write a short report about the cars condition you can easily argue the price up to as much as a non recorded car I have done this in the past. Most cars are written off as un-financially viable to repair. if you can prove the car is as good as pre accident because it has been repaired properly it becomes not worth the hassle to argue with you. I even told my insurance not to pay me cash but to just go and buy me another car the same as my car in the same condition to prove their market value or repair my car, suddenly their offer shot up. If you use classic car insurance a lot of the policies allow you to have the option to have your car repaired as long as the repair costs are not more than the pre accident value of the whole vehicle. Just saying when it comes to insurance companies never take the first offer. :) Good Luck. any photos?

Edited by G_Reaper2

Bonus. Checked through the paperwork for the car on purchase and it was examined by Autolign in 2002 and classed as condition inspected.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 20:06, Barrykearley said:

Check both rear hubs - I got a shock when I looked at

Crikey - that's a sobering picture, I wonder if it was initiated by the person fitting the poly bushes.  We all know the pleasure of seized rear link removal 

18 minutes ago, 910Esprit said:
On 10/10/2017 at 20:06, Barrykearley said:

Check both rear hubs - I got a shock when I looked at

Crikey - that's a sobering picture, I wonder if it was initiated by the person fitting the poly bushes.  We all know the pleasure of seized rear link removal 

Had the same with mine when I bought it - is this a common problem?

Suspension is on the list. I know they are a bit marmite on this forum but there have been improvements made over the years so I am contemplating protech. 

On 16/10/2017 at 15:21, Clarky5150 said:

Bonus. Checked through the paperwork for the car on purchase and it was examined by Autolign in 2002 and classed as condition inspected.

Job done then must have been repaired properly. Now just all the normal problems to sort out:lol:. They are worth the effort when you get them right there is nothing quite like a blast in a Esprit!!! Enjoy:)