free hit
counters
Evora GT430 - Page 47 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GT430

KAS-118

It's the same case with my Canyon Red. the shade is completely variable in real life, dependant on lighting conditions, and the even more so in a photograph, depending on aforementioned weather conditions + settings/filter etc. Frustrating for those trying to ascertain what it looks like in reality, as I can easily make it look dull or as vibrant as the Lotus photos of this GT430 if I so desire..

That said, it's no bad thing, it's what I want in a colour.

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I was going to reference in my post, the chap that contacted me regarding the frustrating hue variation of Canyon Red....I've just realised that was you. Apologies I think I might still owe you some photos, let me know if you still want them.

No it's all good Arun and yes it was me who had been in contact and you were good enough to see me lots of photos which I was very grateful for and I still have them. 

For me I just prefer Fire Red a little more than Canyon Red as there's less pink in hign light from what I can work out over Canyon......and let's not forget it will be cheaper too of course...:blush:

Sorry folks - in danger off going off-topic here......apologies.

IMG_4529.JPG

IMG_4531.JPG

• Like 1

I'm all for light sensitive colours, Motorsport Green is a great example. It's like having a hundred different shades of green. What matters is that you like most of the shades. Having seen Arun's car a few times it's always looked good to me. Of the two, I'd go Canyon over Fire Red. I think it would actually be closer to the press shots of the red GT430, more of the time. It's all good though. Just a shame Lotus won't have a go at a proper tri-coat red, never mind a 6 coat finish like McLaren's dribblesome Volcano Red. I love the candy red they use for accents, a whole coat of that would be epic.

Back when I ordered my car, the 360 Cup had just been announced, with its red highlights. Part of me wanted to be brave and ask whether a whole car could be painted in what they called 'Motorsport Red', but alas I didn't. Fearing a flat refusal or astronomical expense.

Canyon in the sun (phone pic)...

23501969438_870ccb4f2a_c.jpg2017-09-27_04-21-17 by Arunweb100, on Flickr

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Pits said:

21994264_1660205870690518_3468742491941779281_o.jpg

A better angle finally for the GT430Sport.

Considering the Evora was introduced almost a decade ago, it has to be said that the overall design has aged phenomenally well and that new front end, and I will also say rear end are just so right and now, in line with the rest of the Lotus range.

Agree , apart from the roofline which would look so much better if it was lower. I know a few people who have walked away from buying one down to the profile of the roof.  

Did even toy with idea of buying an early NA, cutting the roof panel off and having someone fabricate a sleeker version, but then realised that was a bit OTT ? 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

On 20/09/2017 at 17:09, The Pits said:

You should be under 102 drive-by with a 104db static exhaust. If it's anything like the exhaust I tried in the Sport 410 then it's significantly quieter. Still sounds good but also significantly less amusing in tunnels. What we need is a proper adjustable system that can be run hard in quiet mode.

For the record, I was at Brands Hatch GP in my Evora S yesterday. My car has got a full Komotec exhaust system, which includes their valved backbox. (It has also had some other engine mods - more to be revealed later). 

With the valve open, the car tested at 109dB. :o With the valve closed, the level was 95dB. :thumbsup: (So I obviously ran with it shut all day and had a great time). 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DJW said:

Agree , apart from the roofline which would look so much better if it was lower. I know a few people who have walked away from buying one down to the profile of the roof.  

Did even toy with idea of buying an early NA, cutting the roof panel off and having someone fabricate a sleeker version, but then realised that was a bit OTT ? 

Well but you have to consider that it is a 2plus2 - therefore the roofline is very well balanced in my eyes. It is very hard to design a good looking 2plus2 with a mid-engine (thinking F Mondial.....not quite a front / passenger cabin / rear department well balanced I would say), at least there are very few cars that have mastered that, I would say (F 308 Gt4 yes but elsewhere?)

Agree for the +2 cars, but believe Lotus missed a trick with 430 2 seaters where they could have made the car look sleeker. Could also be a cost option for 400 for those wanting a 2:seater only.  

Had  been hoping the Roadster version would address the looks

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

I personally love the dimensions, they part of what makes the Evora unique.

A drive in a GTE also confirmed the benefits of doing an ultimate version on the standard width body. The GTE was very 'supercar' like in taking up more real estate on the road. That was a plus in terms of 'specialness' and styling but a minus in terms of threading it down a narrow B-road.

Of course I hope Lotus will one day do a new Esprit with more traditional supercar dimensions but until then it's exciting to see what they can do with the Evora platform.

• Thanks 1

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, The Pits said:

Roofline looks pretty damn fine to me!

An attempt at Canyon Red.

canyon430.jpg

That particular red with all the CF and black lower sills & wheels is stunning. For me its the best 430 colour combo so far (in picture form at least). It might even beat MS black or green ;-)

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
7 minutes ago, blindside said:

That particular red with all the CF and black lower sills & wheels is stunning. For me its the best 430 colour combo so far (in picture form at least). It might even beat MS black or green ;-)

seconded.. love that, shoes the contours an cf bits off to great effect..... voted:)

Classy option. Military Grey. One of the best Lotus colours in recent times. Stunning, highly light sensitive colour. Much more interesting than regular grey. Was always my 2nd choice for the Exige. Looked amazing on Howards' 410 and the GTE too. Blends beautifully with the carbon fibre panels but also doesn't make them disappear.

military430.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

You think that Lotus should've created a dedicated 2-seater Evora bodyshape (when they already have the Exige)??!?

Just the roofline. It’s a separate panel that is bonded in place so in the realms of things wouldn’t be that hard to produce.

Re Exige , it’s a completely different car to the Evora.  However some people like me, those with 2+0 and the 430s only want 2 seats in the larger, more refined Evora. 

13 hours ago, DJW said:

Ok a few people may have walked away but that roofline also means that much taller drivers can fit in the Evora while a lower roofline would prevent that. I think MJK himself wanted a car in which he could seat without having to chop his own skull off, So the design serves a function as it should.

And I for one do think the car's proportions are just right.

• Like 1