free hit
counters
Evora GT430 - Page 53 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Evora GT430

KAS-118

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I agree with all the above - and in my personal view the new nose treatment nicely blends S1 and 400 into something more contemporary. I still expect to see this nose make its way onto all future Evora's.... which would be more in-keeping with the rounder "faces" of both the Elise and the Exige.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Lol @Likuid.  I don't think the 400 looks like shit at all.  

I like the S1 as it is just clean and uncluttered in design. The only thing I've never really liked re the 400 is the revised 3 part rear spoiler. The ducktail on the 410 sorted out the design for me and I would happily take a 400 or a 410 with that ducktail and say I had a beautiful car.

I agree, I like the 410 spoiler better aesthetically, but I also like the 400 spoiler over the S1. I absolutely do not expect everyone to like the look of the 400. Its just when someone posts a comment like hopo I find it bizarre. They are on a Lotus forum telling other owners cars that their cars look like dog breakfast and even admit it will piss people off. I guess should know better by now, this is the internet, nuance and tact aren't really commonplace.

9 hours ago, The Pits said:

It’s only on Lotus forums that anyone would notice the difference! 

You are probably right there. Many of my friends thought I painted my car when I upgraded from an Elise to an Evora S. Then again, most people thought I just got my S1 a paint job when I upgraded to a 400. Your average person won't know the difference.

7 hours ago, PAR said:

Evidence of taste being a personal thing. The three bits rear spoiler is one my favourite thing as it allows for a nice black touch in the middle.

To me the front of the 400 was a massive improvement from the s1 in terms of making it more of a beast of a sports car. Sometimes it felt like the look of the s1 was a bit soft (which is why it was not a replacement for the esprit). Many people were asking about switching the front of their S1 after the 400 release.

it is like the esprit, do you like the purity of the S1 or do you want the well honed look of the S4s? Always offer something different for different needs. Hopefully helps to have more lotuses on the road.

I agree, IMO the S1 was beginning to look dated, which isn't a shock. Its quite an old design now, but I also think that testament to how great he original design was. The 400 I think makes it look like a more aggressive car (some may like the softer look of the S1).

6 hours ago, anthonyyule said:

I agree with all the above - and in my personal view the new nose treatment nicely blends S1 and 400 into something more contemporary. I still expect to see this nose make its way onto all future Evora's.... which would be more in-keeping with the rounder "faces" of both the Elise and the Exige.

Don't get me wrong, I think the GT430 looks great. It is a great blend of the S1's softer design and the 400s more aggressive look. The 400 front is obviously more polarizing than the GT430. The GT430 I think appeals to both sides of the fence more. To be honest I was a bit on the fence with the 400s looks when it was first announced. However once seeing it in person I thought it looked way better. Really that could be said for the S1 as well. Its amazing how different some cars look in person than they do in pictures. Sometimes the opposite is true as well. Have seen some pictures of cars and then saw it in person and was not as impressed. Not sure if its the Lotus design that doesn't always photograph well or if its poor angles of the car.

• Like 1

I believe 2bular do a quieter exhaust for the Evora, I've driven a 410 with a Quicksilver exhaust which measured 101db at Castle Combe and at least one other company is working on a more track friendly system. The problem is, most people think it takes away a lot of the fun on the road and makes the Evora sound more ordinary.

I am really interested to replace my Exige by this car. Because the car will be mainly used on track, I need to check this point... and other details : ground clearance (ride height), harness installation cost (it seems that this option has been removed from the lotus website), how we setup the ohlins (I have checked their web site, but there are many TTX references),  paddles shifting size (evora paddles are too small, any change for the GT430 ? there is this option : https://transforged.com/products/lotus-evora-s-and-400-paddle-shifter-overlays but I don't know yet if it will be compatible with the 430 paddles) 

No idea about the paddles for the auto GT430 but it's likely they will be the same as the Evora 400. CofG is said to be 5mm lower than the Sport 410. It's reasonable to assume that some of this is due to a lower ride height. In any event it won't ride as low as an Exige. A number of us are looking at fitting this: http://www.simplysportscars.com/shop/track-and-safety/10539-evora-harness-bar-kit

Very expensive car for mainly track use but then again some people use a Speciale as their track car!

I was referring more to the cost of repair. Tyre bill will surely be higher than an Exige but otherwise I would expect the GT430 to have great stamina on track compared to most sports cars. But damage the front and it's going to be expensive to repair with all that carbon fibre. I suppose the issue with the Exige is that it can mean a whole new clam whereas you might only need to replace a bumper. Best to keep the brain engaged and the traction control on instead! 

23 hours ago, geartox said:

I am really interested to replace my Exige by this car. Because the car will be mainly used on track, I need to check this point... and other details : ground clearance (ride height), harness installation cost (it seems that this option has been removed from the lotus website), how we setup the ohlins (I have checked their web site, but there are many TTX references),  paddles shifting size (evora paddles are too small, any change for the GT430 ? there is this option : https://transforged.com/products/lotus-evora-s-and-400-paddle-shifter-overlays but I don't know yet if it will be compatible with the 430 paddles) 

Parts guide does not list different paddles from this of the base 400 model.

23 hours ago, The Pits said:

No idea about the paddles for the auto GT430 but it's likely they will be the same as the Evora 400. CofG is said to be 5mm lower than the Sport 410. It's reasonable to assume that some of this is due to a lower ride height. In any event it won't ride as low as an Exige. A number of us are looking at fitting this: http://www.simplysportscars.com/shop/track-and-safety/10539-evora-harness-bar-kit

Very expensive car for mainly track use but then again some people use a Speciale as their track car!

I purchased 5 of those SSC bars (had to get shipping costs per unit down) and have distributed to other Series 1, 400 and 410 owners.  Nice set-up, without the +2 set up it does take a bit of setup fro the center brace.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Julian73 said:

I purchased 5 of those SSC bars (had to get shipping costs per unit down) and have distributed to other Series 1, 400 and 410 owners.  Nice set-up, without the +2 set up it does take a bit of setup fro the center brace.

Julian

Do you know if the 400 Series 1 owners had any bother fitting the harness adaptor kit to their seats? I was looking at getting the harness bar for my 430 but have the Sparco upgraded seats and so would need to drill a hole into the outside (door side) of each seat to fit the lap belt.

2 hours ago, Julian73 said:

What do you need to do if the car isn't a +2?

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

• Gold FFM
8 minutes ago, Trevsked said:

What do you need to do if the car isn't a +2?

Trevor.

Leave the wife and kids at home and just go and have fun!  :sofa:

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

@Julian73 It would be good to know more detail about fitting to the +0.

While my car is in build they might be able to fit a +2 part that could make it easier perhaps.

• Gold FFM

I recall from discussions last year that the harness bars like these use the rear seat central seat belt mounts. Obviously these are missing from the +0's (well they were in the S1's may be different from the 400's onwards) and as seat belt anchor points they are directly bolted to the chassis for strength, which was why you could not retrofit them easily to turn an S1 +0 into a +2.

Hope this info helps.

• Thanks 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

11 minutes ago, The Pits said:

@Julian73 It would be good to know more detail about fitting to the +0.

While my car is in build they might be able to fit a +2 part that could make it easier perhaps.

I can say with some confidence Jonny, that after my conversations over the last couple of days that the factory will definitely NOT fit any +2 part to any GT430 (full fat).

• Thanks 2

• Gold FFM

Beautiful. Very nice. Jealous yes. Lots.

• Thanks 1

:wub:

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.