Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GT430 - Page 82 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GT430

KAS-118

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
16 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

His Royal Bibsness has decreed that you can’t delete images from your account (so that older threads are ruined by multiple ‘placeholders’). 

However, for a very small fee, you can upgrade to a Full Forum Membership and then receive more storage than you will know what to do with. :thumbup: 

(Same for you, @Bruss!)

Pay for something?  Are you mad.  :rolleyes:

You really couldn't make it up... poor show lotus, poor show.

Sorry, but what in the hell has 'fairness to other GT430 owners' got to do with it? Any 430 owner that ticked that option box on the order sheet will be suffering from the same problems no doubt. Those who didn't order it won't be affected by what or how lotus choose to sort it out and those that did are (which from the response above looks like they've simply washed their hands of it).. So in 'fairness' to all parties that ticked that option they should just sort it out, especially if like you say it's a 3k tick box.

How many people are going to tick that box on the options list after reading this thread? None, that's how many.

• Gold FFM

If you do want it anyone - pop round to see me.

ill throw in the dab antenna and fit the stereo for £2900 all in 👍

• Like 1

Only here once

1 hour ago, Bruss said:

It's not a version. It's the response he has had.

Paul

All I have stated is it is Anthony’s side of a conversation between Anthony and Lotus cars

I wouldn’t be able to quote Anthony’s side of a conversation in a British court as this would be seen as hearsay

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

It is ultimately the dealer’s responsibilty as they sold the car. The sale contract is between the dealer (not Lotus) and Yule. 

Edited by SFO

19 minutes ago, DarrylV8 said:

Paul

All I have stated is it is Anthony’s side of a conversation between Anthony and Lotus cars

I wouldn’t be able to quote Anthony’s side of a conversation in a British court as this would be seen as hearsay

I’ve got it all documented. Don’t worry about that 👍

i wouldn’t trust Neil with a packet of balloons tbh. 

20 minutes ago, DarrylV8 said:

Paul

Yes, but this is a car forum not a court. Either Lotus supplied a car with a dab radio without a dab aerial, or Anthony is lying. I know who I believe and I've never met the man.

• Like 1

The thing is it’s the age old story at Lotus.

sales do not talk to manufacturing who don’t talk to warranty.

sales promoted a new product to me which I liked and decided to purchase for a premium. Manufacturing were not consulted and therefore didn’t have a DAB solution and warranty were left none the wiser. 

Now I can’t be sure that this is the truth - but it seems plausible - and Neil had been left holding the baby for something which I was charged for.

id rather they had just told me this - rather than the constant direction changes and body swerves.

nevermind. Onwards. Off to collect my new T8 XC90.... let’s hope Geely have their shit together with it .

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Wow, i cannot believe the response Lotus gave about the DAB aerial..

I cant cant even begin to comprehend how they even came to the decision to not want to help / sort...

The only reason i can possibly imagine is that there is just no money!   and perhaps next week there will be some sort of filing for insolvency..

why else would you not want to sort  an easy cheap problem out  on one  of your top end models .. totally bonkers....   these guys must be out of touch with reality buy some margin..

just his week out of the blue  ive had a  quote sent to me on a new 70 anniversary edition exige...it got me thinking, im 80% there with proceeding but   this has made me so annoyed,  and now has me questioning if i actually want to offload a significant amount of cash to company who doesnt give a single  stuff about its customers..

good god in heaven im totally shocked...  that is just wrong..

PS kudos to the dealer tho

Edited by andyj007
  • Like 1

On the DAB topic, it's looks as though Lotus are now trying to mirror JLR customer service levels :angry:

Believe me, I've experienced a few of those over the last few years, enough for me to ditch my latest LR early and take my business elsewhere along with quite a few others I know. Hopefully Lotus will sort this out, they can little afford repeat customers ditching brand loyalty in a way that JLR appear to be able to do.

Not  that I'm suggesting that one occurrence will result in a mass exodus of people from Lotus, but they may wish to keep in mind that they can little afford to emulate JLR's contempt for customers

• Like 1

On a brighter note😀 I was fortunate to get a test drive in a 430 Evora from Silverstone this morning, I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I was completely bowled over,  the finish looked exceptional, and the suspension......on really poor roads it was never anything but composed and compliant, I thought the 400 was good but this just takes things to another level.

Just off to check if I can find 60k down the back of the sofa😀

For me it was perfectly judged, the test route took in some really poor road surfaces and it dealt with them very impressively, absorbing it all without feeling harshness through the chassis.

• Gold FFM

On the road for me it was setup a bit too firm, but of course the beauty of being adjustable means you could fix that. The pay off was the most direct and delicious steering.

I can see why @The Pits loves it - it is the most "Exige-like" of the Evoras, without sacrificing too much of what makes the Evora great

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Just to add that Neil Turner has always been helpful when I have contacted him, usually by email.

And any problems have always been solved to my satisfaction.

So I am very surprised that a DAB aerial was not fitted at a cost to Lotus and I am very surprised that Neil Turner was not able to help.

Well done to the dealer.

Have you thought of writing a letter of complaint to the CEO?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayEmm said:

On the road for me it was setup a bit too firm, but of course the beauty of being adjustable means you could fix that. The pay off was the most direct and delicious steering.

I can see why @The Pits loves it - it is the most "Exige-like" of the Evoras, without sacrificing too much of what makes the Evora great

That's why suspension is such a subjective subject, it really is a case of trying it for yourself.

3 hours ago, anthonyyule said:

Hahahahaha. Ouch

i can guarantee that if it comes with DAB stereo that the DAB winnae work 😂

but the rest of the car will be awesome 😎

I’ve just sent you a PM

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Thanks Scotty.  He makes a powerful case.  Owners of this car will be laughing in ten years so it really doesn't matter what gets prognosticated in the short term.  I flip back and forth regarding my own feelings but part of that is being in the USA which is a different world again compared to England.  I'd heard they weren't coming here so news they will be was welcomed.  I'd bitterly predicted they would never get here so I hope I'm wrong and I hope they don't neuter the motor as they had to do to get 410s here in reasonable time.  

This paragraph struck me as important because Lotus' tuning in this respect is excellent.  I never feel the TC intrude even when I know it has to be working and of course mine has just the standard Evora TC.  

The Evora has three drive modes: tour, sport, and race. Each acts as you’d expect, using the brakes to cut power in varying degrees when slip is detected from the rear end. However, holding down the race-mode button for a couple seconds turns off ESP and gets you into the Evora’s six-way adjustable traction control. Now, instead of using the brakes, it will cut spark to allow one, three, six, nine, or 12 percent of slip from the rear tires. The sixth mode turns everything off.

This is professional-grade race-car stuff. It’s magic. Every serious track car deserves a system like this. Unlike ordinary traction-control systems, which can be abrupt and jarring when they decide to intervene, this works seamlessly in the background to make you faster.

So there's some money right there. 

• Like 2

'17 Evora 400 MT 

Central lotus new 430, down for a 30min drive next Saturday with Scott Walker, looking forward to it.

IMG_0055.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, anthonyyule said:

Serious test drive Scotty? Possibly a new owner? 

I wish Tony, but you never know, will let you know how I get on.