Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GT430 - Page 84 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GT430

KAS-118

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It seems that all new GT430 from now will be fitted with the exhaust button.

Last demo cars have it. 

The exhaust button has to be activated by removing a "bracket" that keeps it from being operational. You need also an ECU upgrade. 

Cheers,

Michael

Elise R 07 - Europa SE 2008 - 2Eleven GT4 - Evora N/A - Evora S - Evora S SR - Evora GT430 Sport

Hi, does anyone have visibility on how many GT430 got sold? Looks like a fair few vs initial target in the UK, not sure for other countries. Are we getting close to the final number?

I also imagined the GT430 would sell more than the GT430sport (as looks more unique and the sport is a bit redundant with the 410), is there a moment where they remove the GT430 and keep the GT430 sport available to order?

Edited by PAR
spelling

I think the wingy GT430 will sell out more quickly but I doubt either will reach 60.

On 17/04/2018 at 20:05, alexthewheelman said:

Which dealer was it if you don't mind me asking?

Central Lotus on this particular demonstrator, they will also be carrying out this modification on our Sport GT430 prior to us collecting our car, anticipated mid-end June to CL with us picking up (hopefully) first week in July 

4 hours ago, PAR said:

Hi, does anyone have visibility on how many GT430 got sold? Looks like a fair few vs initial target in the UK, not sure for other countries. Are we getting close to the final number?

I also imagined the GT430 would sell more than the GT430sport (as looks more unique and the sport is a bit redundant with the 410), is there a moment where they remove the GT430 and keep the GT430 sport available to order?

When we placed our order for the GT430 last Saturday, we were informed about 20 GT430 in UK including two Sports 

• Like 2

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Yes UK has done better than they anticipated. The fact that they are doing a tour of the dealers with a demo car shows they hope to sell even more.

It’s an exceptional driver’s car and deserves to do well. Enjoy tomorrow Babas, a very special day. I look forward to seeing some pics. 👍

On the one hand it's nice to see the car succeed as its a wonderful vehicle, I haven't found anything that comes close to the driving experience for me, but sadly it feels like the last one I buy due to there being twice the number produced than I was told. A big part for me was buying a low numbers vehicle and while some will come on and say 20 plus cars is incredibly low volume, I'd argue I was told 6 then 10 and bought in at that description, I think I've been fooled into parting with more money on that basis. That's not a nice feeling and Lotus have damaged our relationship forever, but my love of their product.

Trevor.

• Sad 1

I'll get around to it at some point.

In part Trevor I have to agree.

The relationship has definitely soured..... the whole DAB-Gate demonstrated to me their hunger at grabbing more money from the customer (I’m still ££ out of pocket for paying a premium for the now “standard” fit Apple-play stereo - standard if ICE is specced I mean). 

Plus if I decide I want the exhaust valve illuminated button as now fitted as standard I guess I will have a new fight with them to see who has to pay for the purchase and install..... if I bought a GT430 today it would cost me £0.00.

increasing numbers of vehicles and changing the spec on a car-by-car basis for such a low volume special seems to me to be a bit desperate. Even the diffuser has now been changed. I share your view. I love the car and the brand - but I am definitely out of love with the current management and how they treat their (many of whom) very loyal customers. 

• Like 2

Yes far too many instances like this for my liking at the moment. GT430 was their shot at the big time. A crucial car to test JMG’s price strategy and move the whole brand upmarket. Given its importance to this its bewildering to see them drop the ball over some controllables. Really hard to believe that the same people built such an incredible car to drive some days.

I think unexpected UK demand is not found elsewhere so I’m not too concerned about overall build numbers. I get the feeling that the US version won’t show up either. But I do take the point that it was sold on the basis of a very exclusive production number and that for many, myself included, the thought of better residuals helped to justify spending so much for an Evora.

Knowing what I now know about the car and the way it drives, I would do it again. Residuals are more of a concern should I ever want to part with it but ultimately it’s better to have 20+ cars that are sought after than 6 cars that nobody wants. Not sure how many Sport 300 Esprit were rhd UK cars but a similar story back then. Very high price, very high spec, focus on grip and handling over power. A revered car today of course and almost impossible to find. If (and it’s a big if!) they stick to a limit of 60 it will be even rarer than the Sport 300. I certainly can’t afford to take a bath on it so the residual value will have a lot to do with whether or not I buy another Lotus also. Something I hope they might consider before going back on promises about production numbers. Virtually all of the GT430 owners are repeat Lotus customers. Try as they might to attract new people to the brand, it’s us lot that actually buy the cars.

• Like 1

These estimated GT430 sale figures raise some interesting points.

1) Why did Lotus intimate that only 6 of the 60 (non US) cars would be for the UK? Surely 10% for the home market was at best pessimistic. Consequently there was a rush by the early adopters on here to get their orders in before the 6 were sold. Did Lotus really expect to sell 90% of their output in the other non US markets? If so they got that badly wrong!

2) The big wing GT430 has massively outsold the GT430 Sport, which shows that a GBP 125K Lotus is a viable proposition in the future. I don't think the GT430 Sport will sell anything like the "limited" 60 non US + 60 US models envisaged.Even the big wing model will struggle to get anywhere near.

3) If there really was going to be a 60-off US version of each model, I think we would have heard more concrete details by now. I hope I am wrong.

Of course all will be great cars to enjoy and be around in very small numbers.

Just wait until Stratton buys up the unused parts in a few years and tries to sell a few more! 😉

• Like 1

Once again Lotus show their engineering excellence and then shoot themselves in the foot with their equally abysmal understanding of customer expectations. 

As for residuals, I hope they do well but the Esprit sport 300 was released over 25 years ago. I wouldn't want to wait that long to be able to move a car on. Lotus will never have Porsche residuals so I think we all need to accept that.. Lotus really really need to understand that to survive on the short term they have to take notice of existing customers as well as seek new ones for the future.

So my request is still the same (A) GT430 with a wing and stripped out shell with road number plates for the track- sub 100K, and (B) 430 sport sans wing with every creature comfort you can add in - electric seats, self dipping mirror, decent stereo (including a dab aerial), etc, for the road.

Anything else is a compromise - let us build the compromise we want via option packs between A and B.

• Like 1

That's worldwide, yes. I'm sure they'd have preferred to sell more GT430's into Europe given the large uplift in price on the mainland compared to the UK. Why the number was so big for the USA, I don't know as I don't think the USA has even been 50% of their market,  

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

it’s better to have 20+ cars that are sought after than 6 cars that nobody wants.

You're coming from completely the wrong angle here Jonny, that's a salesman talking. I bought a car that I believed/was told would be one of 10 cars. Had they stuck to that I would own a car that there were 10 of and more than 20 people wanted one. As it is I've got a car that anyone can buy so why would they want mine, or yours, now.

Trevor.

• Like 1

The main question I:

Is that really important for you to get a limited edition?

I don't care if it's 60, 30 or 100, because I know it will not be easy to be more than 2 at the same place on same Time.

I've always said the new plate with "1 of xx"  is a good opportunity to can produce less or more than planned at the begining

• Like 1

Why be classic when you can be unique

7 minutes ago, Babas89 said:

I've always said the new plate with "1 of xx"  is a good opportunity to can produce less or more than planned at the begining

That's only good if you don't make as many as you had planned (in the sense you can cover over the fact you havent achieved your targets).  No-one will get hung up about it.

However, if you state there is only going to be 'x' amount then you go ahead and make 'y', it will only serve to piss the 'x' people off when they get wind of it... 

15 minutes ago, Babas89 said:

The main question I:

Is that really important for you to get a limited edition?

I don't care if it's 60, 30 or 100, because I know it will not be easy to be more than 2 at the same place on same Time.

I think if you've been told there will be 10 and its part of buying the most expensive Lotus on offer then definitely. Would I buy one now knowing they are unlimited in the UK and more than 20 were out there for a small maker of buyers, I don't know. What I do know is I was lied to and customer relations are now very damaged.

Trevor.

I was told to my face I was buying 1 of six. Hence my hast at placing my deposit. In fact - on this basis I had placed by deposit 20mins after the car was announced (and I was first on the board).

i was pissed when I heard they had increased to 10 and that they would also launch a similar sister model (the sport) with the same numbers. 

Im now beyond worrying about it. There is little to nothing Lotus can ever do to regain the trust which they have lost from me. I’ll enjoy the car - as we all will. And let’s not forget - we WILL enjoy it because it is so amazing. 

But the company should really take heed and do something to thank and repay the loyalty shown by the customers who bought this car.