Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GT430 - Page 86 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GT430

KAS-118

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
22 hours ago, DarrylV8 said:

Central Lotus on this particular demonstrator, they will also be carrying out this modification on our Sport GT430 prior to us collecting our car, anticipated mid-end June to CL with us picking up (hopefully) first week in July 

When we placed our order for the GT430 last Saturday, we were informed about 20 GT430 in UK including two Sports 

Just in time for Lotus in the Peak Darryl, hope you'll be able to join us 😊

They should be aware that Lotus Customer Services have directly said that this modification could invalidate the warranty. Tell them to contact Neil Turner if they require clarification. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

As wonderful as Scott is, and he is, his sitting in a car at a dealership has no reflection on its warranty status and I stand by my previous comments. What a dealer does when the car is in their possession is their shout, and not a reflection on the company that provides the warranty unless they're providing one themselves on the car. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

interesting view points.  Had Lotus cars for 35 years, from when I was 22, so probably more than most. I love them for the way they drive. Never bought one thinking it's a ltd number and will make money / hold value. First one was a Europa Special big valve twink. Had it 16 Years, bought, sold for A good £ profit, but not my aim. Elan  plus 2 bought alongside as kids appeared. Running resto, bought for £7k just at the classic peak in early 90s. Spent £7k had it for 7 years and sold it for £7k.

Regrets, no, it was fun! QED 420 head, Tt driveshafts etc - it was a great car.

Had 3 Elises, first in 97. 10 month wait then, and people were selling them after a few months for profit - kept mine for 2 years as I liked it :)

Sold Europa, Plus 2 and Elise to move house and ran an Excel SE as wifes car.

Went back to a 2 seater Lotus as we never really used the Excel as a family car- so S1 111S followed by Tweaked early 111R, which would be worth more now than 6.5 years ago when I p/x'd it for my current 2010 Evora.

Bothered- No!

I would love a 430 of any description just for what it is, whether there are 2 or 2000. Doesn't matter to me as I would buy it as my ultimate Lotus. If I thought I was buying a ltd number one, and more were produced, I really wouldn't be bothered if I bought it purely as my dream Lotus. If I bought it after being told it was 1 of X and I had plans of moving it on, then, yes I may be peeved.

Just enjoy them :)

ps the more there are, the better chance I have of getting one some day :)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, anthonyyule said:

Rant away - I don't think you can win this one ;)

Can I ask (I am being cheeky) if you were required to put down a £12.5K deposit for your car since you have only recently ordered it? I was given a deadline to pay my full deposit as I was made aware that if I didn't act quickly the 6 cars would go elsewhere. 

The exhaust valve isn't important - but the stories and the remedies are inconsistent. Still - Id be surprised if you are paying out of your pocket for this to be done? I'm certain that I will be charged ;)

To clarify the sum I paid for the ICE. As standard the GT430 comes with none. At the time I placed my order there were 2 ICE available. The "standard model with sat-nav and bluetooth for £XX and an enhanced model which came with DAB and Appleplay which cost £XX + £YY. I paid for the enhanced model at an inflated price. Subsequently Lotus have dropped the "standard" model for the Evora and now only offer the enhanced model.... but at the "standard" models price. Enough said. 

If I'm being blunt about limited numbers... then YES... in an ideal world there would have been 6 for the UK and 54 for Europe. OR... if Lotus had gotten their shit together earlier with correct and proper strategic marketing there might have been 10 for the UK and 50 for Europe or 20 for the UK and 40 for Europe. But I would have been told of this at the time of order and the goalposts would not have been moved at a whim after my money had been paid. 

I don't believe such a coherent strategy would have called for a complete change of management - but the current chicken-shed marketing that appears to prevail in Hethel certainly does call marketing strategies into question. Again - feel free to defend, but I'm struggling to see how you can :) :)

I don't think anybody here takes issue with the engineering or with the product. But there are constant gripes with the marketing strategies (limited numbers/ models per country, etc) which highlights a failing at that level within Lotus which needs to be addressed. 

Yes full deposit at time of order.

TBTH I don’t care if our car is one of a limited number we bought the GT430 Sport for what the car is, ours is 1 of 2 at the present if it becomes 1 of 6 or 60 in the future to me it is not an issue, yes I can see why it has upset those who had been told one thing to only find out otherwise.

YES I WISH I HAD KEPT MY BIG NORTHERN GOB SHUT AND NOT MENTIONED HOW MANY 430’S IN THE UK, although I’m sure you would have been able to deduce the numbers by just reading the various threads on this forum 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

It's all very well saying just get on and enjoy your car for what it is but as the stakes get higher it's not unreasonable to expect that part of the sales approach to get you to part with over £100k by way of limited number should be adhered to.

There aren't any owners on here complaining about the quality or ability of the car or indeed being charged too much for the car, but most are sore about being led up the garden path in order to get their money. If it wasn't part of the attraction then Lotus wouldn't state the limited numbers in their literature or in deed keep releasing special editions. They know it sells cars and everyone knows come sale time, and that day for most will come at some point, these limited or SE cars will be more desireable and achieve better used values. EG, Esprit S2 or JPS anyone?

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Apart from the 1.6 is no more, so the entry level is now £40k plus. I think it’s very clear the play that Lotus is making, but they need to concentrate on the small things that matter to owners. They needn’t cost any money as Andy points out, but can make the customer feel special and recognised.

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Yes, Aimee had mentioned the 1.6 was no more and as a result they have seen a real slow down in Elise sales.  It is totally mad - get them into the 1.6 Elise, get them hooked on what a real drivers car is, then watch as they "grow" into a 250 CUP, Exige or Evora over time. Building for the future as opposed to just next the financial quarter or year.  You are spot on Lee - £40k is too high for the entry.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Completely seconding #C8RKH

They have the intention to turn Hethel as much more of a marketing tool (museum, etc like competitors do) so they should start by doing exactly what you described for the few people who made the biggest checks ever for a lotus (excluding f1 like cars).

Lotus doesn’t have that many clients (yet) so it is much easier to cover those and doesn’t take much resources for the moment.

On the 1.6 being no more, this is one more example of them focusing on what carries most margin event if they sell less cars. The competition of the 1.6 has always been the second hand cars and this hopefully will bring people into the brand but unfortunately dealers find it not that easy to get stocks in those second hand lotus because the market between individual is especially strong for the brand (maybe because people like to deal with other passioned people, maybe because for a long period of time the abysmal lack of dealers made it a necessity).

i really hope the new generation Elise will have a very smart low cost entry level to generate volumes. I guess 30k need to be the target of you want to get people in their late 20’s/early 30s to get in.

• Like 1

I agree. My first lotus was an S2 Exige, bought at 3 years old for 27k. I was 28. Kept it almost 4 years, then bought the V6 new when I moved on the career ladder. Kept that 3 years, but mid/late 30s are when the serious expenses kick in so I can’t afford the next logical step on the lotus ladder new. Second hand though.... 

I’m not sure I would have bought a new 1.6 when I was 28 and doing shed loads of track days,given a choice between that and a second hand Exige with 240hp and other track spec goodies. But it would be a good entry point to upsell...

Edited by Gashead1105

Seems many guys are upset or ranting for one reason or another...

i am expecting delivery of my GT430 in one week now in Beirut, crossing my fingers.

Do you have certain infos about  changes in te Rear Diffuser of GT430? Or you meant the Aluminium one on the GT410 sport?

cuz Lotus answered me 2 weeks ago, that the one on my GT430 is carbon fiber and the Aluminium one can be fitted instead but it wouldn’t be a super idea...

Having seen both the aluminium one is the same as the GT410 Sport. It's a bit more aggressive (it sticks out a bit) but the plastic one is slightly better integrated (it doesn't). The upper element is carbon on both but the actual diffuser is black plastic. If I was offered the choice now I'd probably go for the aluminium one but wouldn't bother if it was unreasonably priced. But what have you heard?

Most of the complaints here are to do with Lotus's production numbers and customer service, not the car itself. You'll love it I'm sure.

There are two parts to the rear diffuser and it’s still carbon on the GT430 as far as I’m aware. They changed the lower part to sheet aluminium on later cars it seems.

93474F02-12AA-42AE-80EE-467E1E37D3F6.png

I'll get around to it at some point.

2 hours ago, Trevsked said:

There are two parts to the rear diffuser and it’s still carbon on the GT430 as far as I’m aware. They changed the lower part to sheet aluminium on later cars it seems.

93474F02-12AA-42AE-80EE-467E1E37D3F6.png

I’m reliably informed our car is carbon and it’s the GT410 that has the aluminium rear diffuser 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

As above the diffuser itself - the bit that channels the air under the car, is either plastic or aluminium. On a GT430 everything around it is carbon fibre. On a GT410 the whole of the rear bumper and diffuser housing is plastic.

4 hours ago, Hakim0v said:

Seems many guys are upset or ranting for one reason or another...

i am expecting delivery of my GT430 in one week now in Beirut, crossing my fingers.

Do you have certain infos about  changes in te Rear Diffuser of GT430? Or you meant the Aluminium one on the GT410 sport?

cuz Lotus answered me 2 weeks ago, that the one on my GT430 is carbon fiber and the Aluminium one can be fitted instead but it wouldn’t be a super idea...

Will yours be the first GT430 in Lebanon and what color did you order it? Also are there any Exige 380 cups or 430 cups there? Been thinking about shipping my car there for a couple of weeks in the summer but with the whole Syria situation no idea if that's even possible

You are most welcome Mark! Quite calm and no issues from Syria. We do many rides, I can let the dealer help you with that, if u like. 

There are no Exige Cup 430 in here yet, but  there is 1 Cup 380 and few older models. 

Regarding my GT430, it will be the Only one, and that pleases me quite well...

I will post some photos as soon as I get it... soon...

Goin to Dubai next week for few days, so hopefully will receive my car as soon as I am back to beirut.

I drove it 1000km this weekend on fast highway and fast mountain road. 🤗

This car is fast, more hardcore than the GTE but still confortable with some amazing suspension like flying carpet on the road 😳

• Like 1

Why be classic when you can be unique

I just love the black wing vents at the front. That Sir is one hell of a very very nice looking car.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way.