Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GT430 - Page 80 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GT430

KAS-118

8 hours ago, Hakim0v said:

The GT410 rear Diffuser is Aluminium, whereas the one on the GT430 come in Carbon fiber, no? So it should be lighter.

Do u have any data abt weight difference?

I already asked my dealer to check on options.

Have a pee before you go out for a drive and that will make as much difference as the any potential weight difference.

Also, aluminium doesn't burn!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Anyone in the midlands or should I say in the UK ,this is a two day opportunity not to be missed, the chance to drive the only demo 430 in the Uk, with Scott Walker, Lotus Uk sales manager, thanks to Central Lotus. Let's hope for a good turnout.https://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/topic/66875-april-13th-14th/?tab=comments#comment-305413

Yes similar, just saying this is a good opportunity for people in the midlands and Scott walker is going to be there to answer everyone's questions, not a bad thing I am sure?

9 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Anyone in the midlands or should I say in the UK ,this is a two day opportunity not to be missed, the chance to drive the only demo 430 in the Uk, with Scott Walker, Lotus Uk sales manager, thanks to Central Lotus. Let's hope for a good turnout.https://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/topic/66875-april-13th-14th/?tab=comments#comment-305413

Perhaps you need to start looking in the EMEG area of TLF for upto date news!

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

So......

after being (over) charged for my “premium” Apple play/ DAB infotainment system..... it turns out that Lotus do not fit it with a DAB arial.

i collected the car in December and have so far had an absolute blast in it. The only point to note was that no matter how hard I tried and what instructions I read in the manual I couldn’t get any Digital stations stored on my stereo. Not to worry - clearly doing something wrong I thought - I’ll get it fixed at its run-in service.

so I’ve just received a phone call from a (very embarrassed service manager and a very embarrassed salesman) who have confirmed that Neil Turner has advised them that the car does not come with a DAB arial - and “should the customer wish to enjoy digital stations then they should make provisions to fit their own arial”.

Staggered beyond belief just doesn’t even come close to how I feel and how the guys at Edinburgh felt too. I’m actually embarrassed for Lotus right now.

if I bought a £7k Kia with a DAB radio I wouldn’t expect to have to fit my own arial. If I buy a £120k Lotus I certainly wouldn’t. On the one hand Lotus hope to spunk all over Porsche.... but when they pull stunts like this it kind of makes the house of cards fall down.

Now I know what many of you will say. No need for a stereo. And I agree.... but where one has been specced and fitted.... it should do its job without question. I ordered the stereo after discussing it with HQ during my 430 factory tour. “To compete with the other upmarket options, we wanted to offer customers a more premium stereo... folks expect DAB and Appleplay nowadays so it’s good to offer it” (paraphrased).

so it’s now with HQ to sort out as I don’t accept Neil’s comments. I won’t accept anything else other than a functioning DAB stereo - because that’s what I have paid for. The trouble is... I know that getting a good digital signal from an aluminium/ fibre body can be really difficult. I only ordered the upgrade because I had assumed that Lotus had considered this. I now fear that Edinburgh will be tasked with coming up with their own bodged solution which will involve removal of trim and dashboard parts to get the arial in. This horrifies me and just shouldn’t have to happen on a high spec Evora. Hell - it shouldn’t have to happen on any new car!

Despite this the car is amazing and a joy to have, but the official response I’ve had with this problem has highlighted that Lotus have a very very long journey to go with regards to customer care/ after sales.

With Murray Lotus now becoming Leven Cars (who also sell Aston Martin) it probably means that my long Lotus journey will finally come to an end with this car come it’s time to replace because I just don’t see enough of a desire for Lotus to step up in every single part of their business to become a car seller of choice for anything but the diehards. 

Edited by anthonyyule
  • Sad 3

The trouble is that as customers have moved up the financial ladder, Lotus haven't followed with their delivery, in some areas. Where Lotus excel is the less expensive cars and this they do very well indeed. I can totally see your frustration and hope in the future Lotus can inject what is special about their cars into an improved product with the help of Geely.

For now I'll just have to pat myself on the back for not speccing an over priced radio that doesn't work and get on with enjoying how good the driving dynamics are.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

13 minutes ago, SFO said:

Or Lotus can refund the cost of the infotainment system 

But then I don’t have DAB which is what I asked for? 🤔

25 minutes ago, Trevsked said:

The trouble is that as customers have moved up the financial ladder, Lotus haven't followed with their delivery, in some areas. Where Lotus excel is the less expensive cars and this they do very well indeed. I can totally see your frustration and hope in the future Lotus can inject what is special about their cars into an improved product with the help of Geely.

For now I'll just have to pat myself on the back for not speccing an over priced radio that doesn't work and get on with enjoying how good the driving dynamics are.

Trevor.

Oh I completely agree that there is much to love. But please - don’t sell anything to anybody if you don’t know it will work.

there is a principal there which st this price is unforgivable. 

That is mildly shocking (and frankly embarrassing) from Lotus. 

However, @anthonyyule, I wouldn’t bother to install a dedicated DAB aerial. Install one of these FM to digital converters instead: http://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/Kinetic_DAA-7001_aerial_converter_-_splitter.html It works just as well as a separate aerial and is essentially only an extra couple of wires behind the head unit. 

• Like 1

I'm with Anthony. It's what has always held Lotus back. Poor detail and understanding of customer expectations (surely a radio should work if fitted?) and poorer customer response. I though it had changed but clearly the 'old' ways survive.

Not shocked, but hugely disappointed.

Sorry, no idea what’s involved with installing a DAB aerial or why Lotus didn’t fit one. Can’t you get access to most digital stations via Apple car play? Maybe they thought that’s how it worked!

Some Japanese cars I’ve owned had very subtle aerials stuck onto the windscreen, might be an easier fix?

To be honest.. my post could have been whinging about a paint defect or a non-sticky decal or some loose trim ... or a non-fitted arial.

fact is - none of this should be my problem to fix. That’s what a warranty is for. I wouldn’t expect to have had the same response from Mini/ Volvo/ Fiat camper van for any of the other vehicles we own. 

Why then should I just expect it to be ok from Lotus? It’s not - not for this money anyway, or for any Lotus for that matter because they are all expensive. 

Whatever solution is offered - be it a refund or a subtle modification or a replacement stereo.... that’s their call to propose.... but it needs to be a considered and professional response which they believe will meet the customers expectations. It shouldn’t simply be a “shrugged shoulder” ?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Some Japanese cars I’ve owned had very subtle aerials stuck onto the windscreen, might be an easier fix?

A dedicated DAB aerial is no longer needed. A FM to digital converter (which I linked to above) is a much cleaner and easier solution. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Sorry, no idea what’s involved with installing a DAB aerial or why Lotus didn’t fit one. Can’t you get access to most digital stations via Apple car play? Maybe they thought that’s how it worked!

Most probably they can access the rear of the head unit by pulling it out of the dash - so they can definitely get to that end. I believe the other end needs to be properly earthed though for best results. 

Windscreen solution could work too.... 

either way I won’t be doing the work and it needs to be carried out to an OEM standard so I don’t really care as long as it works/ nothing is damaged when fitting it/ and it doesn’t cost me any money

Just now, Bravo73 said:

A dedicated DAB aerial is no longer needed. A FM to digital converter (which I linked to above) is a much cleaner and easier solution. 

But aren’t the results are patchy? 

Like I say - this is a manufacturer/ Lotus HQ problem to solve.... I’ve fitted plenty of stereos in the past but don’t want to make this one my problem. 

Hell I looked into all of this when I fitted my own stereo to my Cup. But I expected to do that because my car came with no stereo and I decided further down the line I wanted one. I bought a DAB and in the end couldn’t find a suitable place to put the arial without really getting in behind trim which I didn’t want to disrupt so I left it. 

So I totally buy into having to roll up my sleeves and fit parts..... but not when you have a sales invoice which shows that you paid Lotus to do it for you!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SFO said:

I rather that than having the car dismantled 

Yup. I agree tbh. 

Dissapointed that I didn’t get what I paid for and what I was told I would get.... but I can’t stomach them taking the Car apart either.

I fitted this one into the A pillar of my S1 Evora.

http://www.celstores.com/product/11456.html

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Totally take your point Anthony, all for the sake of £40, it's hard to imagine why one wasn't fitted unless it's some kind of add-on from Alpine and doesn't come as standard with the head unit. Could be an idea to look up the product code and see what Alpine supply? If it comes with a DAB aerial then that's shameful that it wasn't fitted. If it is an add-on part then technically you're asking for more than you paid for. Yes the car's very expensive and the part isn't but I think it's an important detail. I think every Lotus should come with a car cover for example. Heck, every new sports car, for that matter. Would be a really nice touch with every new Lotus, the benefits far outweigh the cost. I also think that aircon should be standard on all fixed head cars with the no cost option to delete, same goes for £500 of sound deadening. I feel quite strongly about all of that, hopefully it will change soon enough but that is where we are at the moment and we buy the cars (or not) on that basis.

• Like 1

Aye aye 

not sure of part number because I just bought a Apple play /  dab stereo just I would if i specced any other car.

i take your point though on your experience and I’m glad to see that the ying balances the yang... but it should be consistent at all times really

1 hour ago, anthonyyule said:

But aren’t the results are patchy? 

No, not at all. I recently used one for a new DAB headunit in a 1997 M3. The reception is at least as good as (if not better than) dedicated, windscreen DAB aerials that I’ve had in other cars. And the installation is much quicker and ‘cleaner’. 

I think that @Bibs has used one for his new DAB head unit in his Evora. 

• Like 1

100% agree with Anthony, unacceptable. I got this kind of problem when I bought my brand new Exige 2 years ago (not specced as expected and paid, paint defects...).

So two years later, it seems to be the same story.

The Lotus cars are on my opinion always the best cars on the market, but the policy to drastically increase the price without improving the overall quality would put Lotus in a very complicated position (geely or not). 

• Like 1