Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GT430 - Page 81 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GT430

KAS-118

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, anthonyyule said:

Brilliant! Thanks @Bibs! Looks like a viable solution - I hope this is what Lotus offer me! 

Even if they don't offer it, insist that they do it. Its so much better than a windscreen aerial.

(I suspect that whoever is dealing with your problem has read these posts by now. If they haven't, then somebody should show them).

• Like 1

Sad to hear of this experience.  I’m on my 8th Lotus, love the cars, but the factory let the brand down over small things way too often.  Hopefully the new owners of Lotus will bring some decent quality control to bare along with improved customer care.  

Fingers crossed . 

• Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

13 hours ago, CocoPops said:

As in people who.... you know... don’t use the internet :lol:

that might buy the car and never know they are sought after, same as why there are some GTEs they don’t feature on the register.

We know all about the car numbers, colours and configurations of the 20 re-worked GTEs and where they were originally supplied. 13 of the cars have their original owners on here . The ones who aren't are all based abroad (ie. 3 in Hong Kong, 1 in UAE and I think 3 in Switzerland): I am sure they know how sought-after their cars are, but they are just not part of the TLF community.

It would be difficult to replicate this level of Registry detail for the GT430, due to the lack of individual numbering and the larger potential quantity of vehicles to research. Of course Lotus themselves will have the data!

I guess the best that can be done is at least list the details of the known GT430s and add to them as knowledge spreads.

No stirring intended, but what was the final count allocated to the UK? Originally it was 6, but in my head i think it went to 20 almost immediately. That said I did not realise the sport was also limited, that is interesting. I did think the 60 was worldwide except the US, with another 60 there. I could be very confused about it. And either way it's still a very special limited run :)

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

No idea where the 6 UK cars came from. I think that was the plan right up until UK car number 7 was ordered.

I guess they were hoping for a better take-up abroad. When it doesn't show up and there is more demand in the UK than expected then I guess we can't blame them for going with that. There is no final count for UK production. Talk of the US run of cars has gone very quiet too.

Limited tag is a bit of spin anyway, I doubt they will ever get to 60 of each. Interesting that they dropped it for the Exige Cup 430.

Numbers will always be tiny in either case.

Is the 60 are for GT430 and GT430 sport or it's for each?

I think with the plate 1 of xx it's easy to sell less or more car thanks planned and nobody know :lol:

Why be classic when you can be unique

so unfortunately my DAB whoahs continue. 

I will now have to pull out of the charity rally i was supposed to take part in this weekend because Lotus HQ/ Warranty department will not make a decision on what solution is going to work - and given my time constraints/ distance from dealer I wont be collecting the car until it is 100% right. bugger. 

So far Lotus have been extremely quick to dismiss all suggestions put forward to them..... including the DAB splitter suggested above. What they have so far refused to do is to come up with any positive sort of solution. They did come up with one idea earlier this week - which involved a £5 Halfords roof arial/ a dremmel and a carbon roof (I absolutely kid you not). 

Its a real pain actually. When I should be out enjoying the car, its tucked up safe under lock and key at Leven waiting for somebody to get off the pot and make a decision. arse. Im now less fussed about the fact that its a DAB problem and more annoyed at the principle. 

In other news.... my worst fear was realized. I had a sneaky feeling that i had a slow puncture on the right rear which I asked Leven to check over during its 1K service. Yup - and it needs to be replaced. £366 + VAT. Ouch! We have had some building work at our house and I fear something sharp punctured the tyre. I filled it with tyre gunk - but this renders the tyre impossible to fix. 

not a good day to be a service guy at Leven giving me a call! poor lad. 

Not matter how passionate we are about the brand for this to happen in the automotive industry is shocking especially when selling out the thick end of 120k and the same applies if it was 30k,  how are Lotus going to attract new customers if all they seem to be doing is turning the loyal customers against them, simply not good enough. Feel for you Tony hope they find solution for you asp, drilling a hole in a Carbon roof complete madness.

• Thanks 1

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, anthonyyule said:

They did come up with one idea earlier this week - which involved a £5 Halfords roof arial/ a dremmel and a carbon roof (I absolutely kid you not). 

Wtf:X

Just ask for money back for stereo Tony and sort it yourself, or pay proper ICE installer to do it.  Life’s too short to have Lotus mess you about. 

• Like 2

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Lotus have just confirmed that they won’t stand by this. If I want DAB to work I have to pay for the appropriate upgrades myself. 

Totally fed and up and jaded with the whole situation. They really are a total shower if sh!t to deal with.

Hmmm. Definitely feeling your pain...

I'll give you £3.50 and a packet of walkers for it. Any flavour, your choice. Can't say fairer than that. I'm cutting my own throat here. The thing is basically worthless now. 

50 minutes ago, anthonyyule said:

Lotus have just confirmed that they won’t stand by this. If I want DAB to work I have to pay for the appropriate upgrades myself. 

Totally fed and up and jaded with the whole situation. They really are a total shower if sh!t to deal with.

I'd insist that they take out the radio, have it back and give you the cash you paid for it. I'm soooooo disapointed by this as I have always been a fan of Lotus' doing the right thing.  Damn, I even have DAB working on my S1 Evora so it can work.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Exactly, I had DAB in my S1 too. I even gave the part number for the aerial but not sure why Lotus won’t take it on.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

just as we all thought things where getting better at Lotus with the new owners coming on board and what you would think making improvements on customer care, it then go's and treats one of its biggest customers like this, shocking decision.   totally out of order, feel you pain Tony😡

Good to hear the dealer has put his hands in his pockets and sorted out a Lotus issue,

however it is sad to hear (your version) of the Lotus response especially as we have had good responses when previously dealing with Neil.

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Re the pics, have you tried this?

Select gallery at the top of the page.

Select add images

Select members gallery from Category

8 minutes ago, DarrylV8 said:

Good to hear the dealer has put his hands in his pockets and sorted out a Lotus issue,

however it is sad to hear (your version) of the Lotus response especially as we have had good responses when previously dealing with Neil.

It's not a version. It's the response he has had.

1 hour ago, anthonyyule said:

(and will post up pics of my adventures soon if I can ever work out how to delete old pics to free up space on my account!).

His Royal Bibsness has decreed that you can’t delete images from your account (so that older threads are ruined by multiple ‘placeholders’). 

However, for a very small fee, you can upgrade to a Full Forum Membership and then receive more storage than you will know what to do with. :thumbup: 

(Same for you, @Bruss!)