Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GT430 - Page 108 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GT430

KAS-118

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

@scotty435 I never like telling anyone that they are wrong, but in this case I'll make an exception - blue, every time. 😉

• Haha 2

@scotty435 pass, I bought mine second hand.

Picture of my old car with the new one - not a great one admittedly - the day before Aimee changed the wheels over to the correct ones. . 

You're still wrong!

IMG_8143.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 10 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Was looking for info regarding the blue color on the GT430s.  I know there is an Essex blue but I have also seen reference to a “metallic blue”; don’t know if that is Essex or something else.  I have looked globally at online marketplaces and found some that were painted an Elise metallic blue that looks lighter than Essex.  Specifically I’m looking for confirmed pics of Essex vs any other metallic blue color Lotus offered on the 430.

Thanks in advance!

Instagram: @tpupnomad

1980 Lotus Esprit S2

1985 Lotus Turbo Esprit

Some other stuff  🤠

Essex Blue should be a shade or two darker than Lotus Metallic Blue which I believe used to be known a Persian Blue at one point. If it isn’t exactly the same as Persian Blue it’s very similar. Both are stunning colours for any Lotus. The original Essex Blue from the 80’s is even better to my eye but is no longer possible to reproduce exactly with water based paints.

My car is Essex blue and a mate has a 430 in the same colour. Metallic blue is different. Persian blue is utterly lovely but hasn't been a standard lotus colour for a while now. My S2 and S3 exiges were in a Persian blue sprint scheme. 

IMG_20190525_163754a.thumb.gif.3c90d67c6f6d377e0c6055c1aba1576a.gif

Posted this last year @TpupNomad

Here's my sprint V6, the blue is persian - it is more metallic and a bit deeper than Essex I think, it changes colour more depending on light/dirt

front1_1.JPG.b594c6eaf430026251c082ccfabb4987.JPG20160515_145257.thumb.jpg.c1c984dede870ff0d6df734707acd453.jpg

• Gold FFM

Thanks.  I had a Persian blue Exige and a blue metallic S2 Esprit back in the day...  :)

This was very helpful, thank you and happy new year!

Roy

Instagram: @tpupnomad

1980 Lotus Esprit S2

1985 Lotus Turbo Esprit

Some other stuff  🤠

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/01/2020 at 14:26, KG said:

Nightfall blue

57E42DCE-91CC-4FD1-8175-2715C8FA7B7E.jpeg

That certainly is a stunning looking car, but how do you keep it so clean? Is it used very much?

Nightfall blue was a shortlisted colour when I bought my V6 Exige, but went with Carbon grey in the end and, in any case, my MB daily was finished in a colour very similar to Nightfall, so I did kinda have the colour anyway.:)

1 hour ago, Spinney said:

That certainly is a stunning looking car, but how do you keep it so clean? Is it used very much?

Nightfall blue was a shortlisted colour when I bought my V6 Exige, but went with Carbon grey in the end and, in any case, my MB daily was finished in a colour very similar to Nightfall, so I did kinda have the colour anyway.:)

The picture was taken @ Car wash. There are so many great colors on the Lotus platform! I use it as a daily, hard though as people want to race you and get a little to close to take pictures while driving!

it is also wrapped with Expel.