free hit
counters
Evora GT430 - Page 103 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
KAS-118

Evora GT430

STOP right there Andy, I’m not sure I could resist a Cup version.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Isn’t the GT430 essentially the Cup version of the Evora anyway?

Lots of aero, top spec suspension, top spec brakes, top spec tyres, lightened, baffled sump etc etc

What more could they do? Cage it maybe (but that would only make it heavier...)

20 minutes ago, Trevsked said:

STOP right there Andy, I’m not sure I could resist a Cup version.

Trevor.

That's my problem Trevor. If they did I fear I would be selling the house, the wife, the kids and even the supercharged VX220 to pay for one lol....  In fire red of course, to go with the 410 Sport I'd keep for the road. One for the track, one for the road. Life would be a peach and apart from ironing my own shirts not sure i'd miss anything else!  :shock:  :driving:

Could you imagine, the battery and extinguisher covers on the side, the bigger front splitter, the wing the size of a 747's, the no +2 option, no radio, no cupholders anywhere and the built in roll cage and harnesses and the the gorgeous Motech dash from the 311 race etc....  Ach, I'm just messing with your head as there is no way they would do a GT500 CUP............

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

1 hour ago, Trevsked said:

Not at all, just a general observation as sadly it seems Jonny isn't posting any longer possibly due to the constant picking at him. My words not his.

Trevor.

Thanks - sorry to hear Jonny isn't posting.

• Like 1

Anyone else voting to ban C8RKH? That sort of talk is the stuff of financial nightmares.

Trevor.

I've watched most of Johnnys videos. The 430 vids have been great and far better than any journo videos I've seen to date.  Always people out there who can't help but be negative, jealous and who enjoy critisising. These people you don't want to associate with anyway. 

• Like 1

Really enjoyed the video as truly informative vs all the OTT sensational bullshit ones out there. 

Would love  to see any of the armchair critics produce something better 

• Like 2

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

11 hours ago, Trevsked said:

Anyone else voting to ban C8RKH? That sort of talk is the stuff of financial nightmares.

Trevor.

About time you changed cars.  Yours probably needs a wash by now ;)

• Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Had it ceramic coated to delay the inevitable, I’m not stupid.

Trevor.

16 minutes ago, Trevsked said:

Trevor.

I'll take it off your hands when you move on to the Evora cup. :thumbup:

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Trevsked said:

Trevor.

Always easier to sell a shiny car,  Smart move 

15 hours ago, Trevsked said:

Trevor.

Inevitable; cleaning or selling?

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

A bit tongue in cheek referring to selling once it’s dirty 🙂 Had the Ceramic Coating done by the guys that B&C use and very pleased with it.

Trevor.

I know Andy’s comment was tongue in cheeky, but is there scope for a GT430Cup?

what else could be lightened? I assume a more sparse interior? Remove carpets etc?

Body is already light, I guess carbon clams?

More power obvs, but where is the limit?

Wheels and tyres are already top end?

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I doubt if there is a market for an Evora cup as in a solely track focused production car.  I hate to say it but for once I think Lotus got it right with the GT430 . A road car at max engine power on the power/reliability curve, available without fripperies (radio etc)  if wanted. The next step is to strip out all sound proofing and soft interior and replace with cf, plus push the power to max safe limit with no percentage 'wriggle' room left in. I don't think that would sell.

But didn’t people say the same for this one? And it sold very well.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats

Only got to look at 911 GT3RS for what is accepted as minimal levels of comfort the general public will expect for a track day road car.  Think the GT430 is at the limit 

At this price bracket owners will want to do the euro circuits, so will want some creature comforts for drive there  and back

56 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

But didn’t people say the same for this one? And it sold very well.

True. I said it, but that was of my perceived cost/value relationship. It is a cracking car imo.  Are there that many people that want to buy a true 'cup' car though, even in the Porsche world?  All of these GT/cup cars seem to be road cars with a badge and a nod to the track car equivalent.  

Perhaps the Toyota petrol V8 will be slotted into action for more power/torque... I am sure there would be some development opportunity there... 

... or is that 'reserved' for the Esprit! 

Unlikely they’d use any new Toyota engines now.

Would guess that any new engines from here on are likely to come from within the Geely conglomerate. Would not rule out a 4 pot, or a clever hybrid drawing on Polestar’s success and learning to date (albeit all in touring cars). http://www.car-engineer.com/3-turbos-4-cylinder-high-performance-volvo-engine-prototype/