free hit
counters
Evora GT430 - Page 104 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
KAS-118

Evora GT430

Recommended Posts

Yes, my Evora CUP car comment was a bit tongue firmly in cheek, however, I do think it would be one hell of a car if Lotus did ever do something like!

I do think the GT430 is a "pinnacle" car and probably takes the Evora platform almost, to its, final destination.  I do think one last hurrah will come with power around the 450/460bhp mark but as has been said above I am not sure what else could be done re the body work, lightness, etc.

I don't think there is much room for anything after that, unless Geely could put a little "electrical assistance" on the engine to give around 525bhp peak power!  Now that would be a hell of a car and with the performance, AND most importantly, the handling, would probably eat the GT3RS even....

But I'm dreaming again about how Trevor should spend his hard earned cash.....  lol.....  Maybe I'll buy the GT430 off him to make the swap easier for him lol......

I do still go and look at the burnt orange GT430 in Leven and think hmmmmmmmm.  However, my bonus this year will be shite so that is not going to happen....

 

  • Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thinking of swapping my V6 Cup for one of these.

Prices range from ~ £125k new to £104k for a 3500 mile, 67 plate at B&C.

What is the depreciation curve likely to be on these after 1 year, 2 years etc.?

Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, nw942 said:

Thinking of swapping my V6 Cup for one of these.

Prices range from ~ £125k new to £104k for a 3500 mile, 67 plate at B&C.

What is the depreciation curve likely to be on these after 1 year, 2 years etc.?

Thanks

 

Too early to say. Average depreciation curve suggests 35- 40 % in the first 3 years.  These being a bit special may do better.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure you’ll find anyone willing to underwrite or guess at depreciation, as Paul says, it’s simply too soon to guess.


Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/08/2018 at 12:38, Bruss said:

I hate to say it but for once I think Lotus got it right with the GT430

Hate?


88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39883704_2062068877170880_35481353271870


88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems Lotus North America finally announced the arrival of the US version of GT430 on our coast for December of this year - 2018 that is.

The car will have GT430 engine but the GT410 composite bumpers, It should get the GT430 spoiler and diffuser, it will have the Sparco SPX carbon seat and more kit as standard than the Euro/R.O.W version. The car is also set to get a major price adjustment below 150k. The US will not get the GT410 or the GT430 Sport. 

As the 400 Production has ceased, still need to get confirmation of this one  ? I anticipate the creation of a possibly US only Evora 400 using the GT410 bumpers and the 400 tailgate, with +2 becoming a cost or no cost option, and a price adjustment bringing back the price below 80K MSRP... 

That would be a major repositioning of the base model from competing straight on with the 911 to somewhere between the 718 and the 911. 

Edited by NedaSay
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/08/2018 at 10:38, Bruss said:

Geartox, thanks for that. Excellent video and it really gives the sense of the difference between the two cars.  

 

If anyone gets a chance I'd love to see a similar comparison between the 2 x Evora 430 with and without the downforce wing and aero slots.

 

 

Hi Paul,

we have now covered 200M since swapping the tailgate.

at road speed (not sure on an open forum we can state speedo reading once back on the straight) there does not appear to be any perceived differences in handling going through corners: 

we have put this down to; downforce/anti lift on front of car, although the car does not feel like it is being pushed into the tarmac at the rear of the car, we assume a big noticeable difference at race track on high speed corners 

we haven’t noticed any difference on acceleration with no drag from no rear wing

If any track day gods or Lotus R&H people on forum can elaborate please do 


Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update Darryl. I imagine the greatest effect would be noticed on long high speed sweepers as you suggest. I doubt if I will ever get to Vmax even on track so the top[ speed effect will probably never trouble me. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DarrylV8 said:

Hi Paul,

we have now covered 200M since swapping the tailgate.

at road speed (not sure on an open forum we can state speedo reading once back on the straight) there does not appear to be any perceived differences in handling going through corners: 

we have put this down to; downforce/anti lift on front of car, although the car does not feel like it is being pushed into the tarmac at the rear of the car, we assume a big noticeable difference at race track on high speed corners 

we haven’t noticed any difference on acceleration with no drag from no rear wing

If any track day gods or Lotus R&H people on forum can elaborate please do 

Ex pilot here!

This whole 'downforce' thing is a play on theory. It's real, of course! But in the 'real world' of driving our cars on public roads, even on track days, it makes little to no difference! As you are seeing/feeling.

Lift (downforce on an inverted wing is equal to  1/2 density (p) V2 S (V is velocity) S (S is 'wing' area).

An Evora 430 at Vmax speed, circa 196 MPH, it generates an aero downforce of circa 200 kg. So at 100 MPH the downforce is bugger all!,  less than the weight of a set of golf clubs in the boot over the rear axle!

By comparison, F1 Cars are achieving over 4 Tons (4000kg!!!) of downforce... That would be felt! Costs millions to research, develop and build into mega aero on those cars with multi element front and rear wings plus all the other aero stuff on the car! 

Wings/Splitters/Barge boards etc etc look cool, especially in CF! ... but on our Lotus road cars, pretty pointless....

 

SO! 

I would like Lous to publish how much downforce an Evora GT 430 and an Exige 430 develop at 100 mph... (fast corner track day speed).

This would be a great 'real world' figure to know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It won't be a lot; maybe 50Kgs using inverse-square.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At last we find a good use for teenagers.  Just stick a couple in the boot and feel the difference of an additional 100kg of downforce on those long sweeping corners.  


Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, pete757 said:

Ex pilot here!

This whole 'downforce' thing is a play on theory. It's real, of course! But in the 'real world' of driving our cars on public roads, even on track days, it makes little to no difference! As you are seeing/feeling.

Lift (downforce on an inverted wing is equal to  1/2 density (p) V2 S (V is velocity) S (S is 'wing' area).

An Evora 430 at Vmax speed, circa 196 MPH, it generates an aero downforce of circa 200 kg. So at 100 MPH the downforce is bugger all!,  less than the weight of a set of golf clubs in the boot over the rear axle!

By comparison, F1 Cars are achieving over 4 Tons (4000kg!!!) of downforce... That would be felt! Costs millions to research, develop and build into mega aero on those cars with multi element front and rear wings plus all the other aero stuff on the car! 

Wings/Splitters/Barge boards etc etc look cool, especially in CF! ... but on our Lotus road cars, pretty pointless....

 

SO! 

I would like Lous to publish how much downforce an Evora GT 430 and an Exige 430 develop at 100 mph... (fast corner track day speed).

This would be a great 'real world' figure to know.

Whoa and some one told me the GT430 has the same downforce as a 1970’s F1 car,   there was I thinking my driving had improved as I was going round bends and roundabouts quicker than previously in a Lotus and now I know I just wasn’t pushing hard enough before.

I seem to remember Lotus saying the GT430 had the same downforce at 100mph as the 410 Sport had at max; 96kg?

Next car will be a standard basic Elise with no aero!

  • Like 2

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, EGTE said:

It won't be a lot; maybe 50Kgs using inverse-square.

50 Kgs is a correct number... but that would be at 100 mph! (V squared... double the speed (to 200 mph) so quadruple the lift (= 200kg of downforce)).

That is my point... in the 'real' world, on a GT430 track day corner at 100mph, I doubt 50kg extra weight (downforce) would make any noticeable difference...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

250kg of downforce at maximum speed of 190 mph is lotus quote for GT430

The sport is 100kg at 190mph

The f1 car example is lotus 72 f1 car

Let’s us know your thoughts on if it makes a difference in the cars ability after you’ve driven it. 

Personally a car generating even 50kg of downforce is rather handy to have on track than not.

 

  • Like 1

Black n gold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, is the 50Kgs of down-force related to the amount of lift from the rest of the car?

i.e. the sum downforce of 50Kgs could be something like

                               300Kgs of body lift- 350 Kgs of wing-force,

which would make a hell of a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zero lift is great! 😎

 Eg, in fast jets, you can push to get zero lift and as such go 'ballistic'! Fab... no lift, no drag, just keep going! 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can say without fear of factual contradiction that there is a marked difference in the GT430 as you pass through 110-120mph. The cars just stabilises, and a new confidence is installed to the drivers seat. My Evora GTS was similar but at a lower speed, probably 90-100mph, prior to these two cars I can say I didn’t notice aero effect on my V6 Cup which I think produced about 60kg at 120mph, May have that figure wrong though.

 

Trevor.

  • Like 2

I'll get around to it at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NedaSay:

Where did you get this info on North America.  I checked the US Lotus website for a press release and there was none.  Much of what you say makes sense if you are moving Lotus upmarket to compete with the likes of Ferrari.  You have the GT 430 slotted below $150,000, then one of the new models slots in the $150-200K range and perhaps a hypercar in excess of $200K.  One thing I’ve noticed is that there are plenty of 2 door 2 seat supercars in the $150-200K range, but few if any 4 door 4 passenger supercars in that range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pete757 said:

50 Kgs is a correct number... but that would be at 100 mph! (V squared... double the speed (to 200 mph) so quadruple the lift (= 200kg of downforce)).

That is my point... in the 'real' world, on a GT430 track day corner at 100mph, I doubt 50kg extra weight (downforce) would make any noticeable difference...

 

The GT430 is 250kgs down force at 190mph


Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ccd said:

NedaSay:

Where did you get this info on North America.  I checked the US Lotus website for a press release and there was none.  Much of what you say makes sense if you are moving Lotus upmarket to compete with the likes of Ferrari.  You have the GT 430 slotted below $150,000, then one of the new models slots in the $150-200K range and perhaps a hypercar in excess of $200K.  One thing I’ve noticed is that there are plenty of 2 door 2 seat supercars in the $150-200K range, but few if any 4 door 4 passenger supercars in that range.

There was a dealer meet recently and a dealer on Lotustalk did leak few bits of info... New product portfolio was introduced, and new msrp price range was presented, So the US Should get their 430 presented close to xmas with deliveries in the spring. Again it was a dealer leak nothing official yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...