free hit
counters
Evora GT430 - Page 105 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Evora GT430

KAS-118

7 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Looks lovely. Out of interest, did you hang onto your original bootlid/spoiler?

Hi Jonny,

yes we have kept the full fat tailgate, it takes less than an hour to R/R ancillary items and swop tailgates over.

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Ratman said:

is this a GT430 w/o the rear spoiler?

did you balanced in the front the loss of DF in the rear?

He just makes his wife sit in the boot when he is driving it fast on the road. Works a treat apparently and silences the screaming.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

He just makes his wife sit in the boot when he is driving it fast on the road. Works a treat apparently and silences the screaming.

I find it doesn't silence it, but muffles it pretty well. 

That looks smart Darryl. Is that a Lotus oem tailgate as fitted to 400/410/430 cars?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bruss said:

I find it doesn't silence it, but muffles it pretty well. 

That looks smart Darryl. Is that a Lotus oem tailgate as fitted to 400/410/430 cars?

Hi Paul,

yes oem tailgate as fitted to E4** cars 

4 hours ago, Ratman said:

is this a GT430 w/o the rear spoiler?

did you balanced in the front the loss of DF in the rear?

Hi Federico,

Yes GT430 w/o rear spoiler 

no re-balancing between front and rear of car, and no not tracked car since swapping tailgate’s over 

Darryl & Sue

1 hour ago, DarrylV8 said:

Hi Federico,

Yes GT430 w/o rear spoiler 

no re-balancing between front and rear of car, and no not tracked car since swapping tailgate’s over 

please, be careful when traking as you should have oversteer in the fast corners.

The Dallara Stradale has a couple of blockers in the front diffuser for the non winged configuration.

in that case, it is not a 250kg "only" DF, but 800KG that is much more

On 29/08/2018 at 13:07, Ratman said:

please, be careful when traking as you should have oversteer in the fast corners.

The Dallara Stradale has a couple of blockers in the front diffuser for the non winged configuration.

in that case, it is not a 250kg "only" DF, but 800KG that is much more

Hi Federico,

thanks for the information, will more than likely refit the full fat tailgate when we track car.

Darryl & Sue

13 hours ago, scotty435 said:

A few more from the same event ConcoursUK you got to say it looks stunning and fits the backdrop perfectly.

IMG_0159.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0161.JPG

Must be the twin to ours!

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having tracked my Cup 430 today with all the drama of an Exige and not seen many Evoras it occurred to me that a GT430 Auto may be a serious track tool particularly on a track like Silverstone 

So has anyone done so and how good are they ?

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
14 hours ago, Tex said:

Having tracked my Cup 430 today with all the drama of an Exige and not seen many Evoras it occurred to me that a GT430 Auto may be a serious track tool particularly on a track like Silverstone 

So has anyone done so and how good are they ?

Both @Trevsked and @The Pits both have superb GT430's that they have both used on track and there is a video somehwere of the two on track at Silverstone. They would be ideal to discuss the car with.  I believe though that both those cars are manuals.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I was at the factory yesterday , and I must say the model that caught my eye the most was the GT430 (perhaps worryingly?). I reckon it's because the current Cup models don't really do much for me compared to my original V6 Cup, so the Evoras stand out a bit more.

4 hours ago, NW76 said:

Sounds like youre not happy with your Cup 430?!?

Actually very happy but not totally satisfied !

As mentioned in other threads and track tests the Exige does appear to lose out on lap times for being a manual . The Evora appears to have the handling advantage on faster sweeping tracks but not so on the tighter twister  stuff.

37 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Both @Trevsked and @The Pits both have superb GT430's that they have both used on track and there is a video somehwere of the two on track at Silverstone. They would be ideal to discuss the car with.  I believe though that both those cars are manuals.

Cheers, it’s actually the auto that I am interested in evaluating as it may post quicker lap times . I had a good tussle with my friends 911 GTS ( 450 bhp) yesterday and had a devil of a job getting past on the straights after faster sweeping bends. It was much easier out of the tight turns but his slippier shape was giving him some advantages on the straights 

The main point is his is a PDK , less dramatic and for most mortals far quicker changes than a manual. I appreciate the PDK is possibly quicker than the Evora but for consistent lap times I think Autos work on track unless you go down the sequential gearbox route of course

7 minutes ago, Arun_D said:

I was at the factory yesterday , and I must say the model that caught my eye the most was the GT430 (perhaps worryingly?). I reckon it's because the current Cup models don't really do much for me compared to my original V6 Cup, so the Evoras stand out a bit more.

Fully understood,  They are growing on me.

The Evora GT430 may be 200 kg heavier than an Exige but it has better high speed stability and I think with Auto / paddle shift changes a chance to be quicker on track and without the noise and additional drama ( or is that part of the fun ?? )

Would like a go in an Auto!!

agree the gt430s are just stunning, after the gte its the best looking lotus for me. 

I always wondered why this one has hung about, think the louder colours really suit this car:

https://www.levencarcompany.co.uk/lotus/lotus-evora-3-5-gt430-2dr

does anyone on here actually have the auto? hoping the next car models all come with the option of a great auto.  

Porsche PDK is very well developed, in fact so much  so I believe drivers are advised to leave the car in auto rather than interfere with the accuracy. The Lotus IPS unfortunately wont hold a candle to that system on track, works fine on the road but I understand from a few that it sometimes gets a little confused or doesn't select a gear at paddle command in the heat of the moment. Then of course ther is the ommision of the LSD too.

Trevor.

• Like 1

I'll get around to it at some point.

2 hours ago, BatMobile said:

agree the gt430s are just stunning, after the gte its the best looking lotus for me. 

I always wondered why this one has hung about, think the louder colours really suit this car:

https://www.levencarcompany.co.uk/lotus/lotus-evora-3-5-gt430-2dr

does anyone on here actually have the auto? hoping the next car models all come with the option of a great auto.  

The Leven car is stunning in the flesh. The only thing that would put me off is the lack of Sparco seats.