free hit
counters
Evora GT430 - Page 106 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
KAS-118

Evora GT430

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

^^^ Our CEO  has indeed been really quiet for a while ... 

Having tracked my Cup 430 today with all the drama of an Exige and not seen many Evoras it occurred to me that a GT430 Auto may be a serious track tool particularly on a track like Silverstone 

So has anyone done so and how good are they ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tex said:

Having tracked my Cup 430 today with all the drama of an Exige and not seen many Evoras it occurred to me that a GT430 Auto may be a serious track tool particularly on a track like Silverstone 

So has anyone done so and how good are they ?

Both @Trevsked and @The Pits both have superb GT430's that they have both used on track and there is a video somehwere of the two on track at Silverstone. They would be ideal to discuss the car with.  I believe though that both those cars are manuals.

I was at the factory yesterday , and I must say the model that caught my eye the most was the GT430 (perhaps worryingly?). I reckon it's because the current Cup models don't really do much for me compared to my original V6 Cup, so the Evoras stand out a bit more.

4 hours ago, NW76 said:

Sounds like youre not happy with your Cup 430?!?

Actually very happy but not totally satisfied !

As mentioned in other threads and track tests the Exige does appear to lose out on lap times for being a manual . The Evora appears to have the handling advantage on faster sweeping tracks but not so on the tighter twister  stuff.

37 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Both @Trevsked and @The Pits both have superb GT430's that they have both used on track and there is a video somehwere of the two on track at Silverstone. They would be ideal to discuss the car with.  I believe though that both those cars are manuals.

Cheers, it’s actually the auto that I am interested in evaluating as it may post quicker lap times . I had a good tussle with my friends 911 GTS ( 450 bhp) yesterday and had a devil of a job getting past on the straights after faster sweeping bends. It was much easier out of the tight turns but his slippier shape was giving him some advantages on the straights 

The main point is his is a PDK , less dramatic and for most mortals far quicker changes than a manual. I appreciate the PDK is possibly quicker than the Evora but for consistent lap times I think Autos work on track unless you go down the sequential gearbox route of course

7 minutes ago, Arun_D said:

I was at the factory yesterday , and I must say the model that caught my eye the most was the GT430 (perhaps worryingly?). I reckon it's because the current Cup models don't really do much for me compared to my original V6 Cup, so the Evoras stand out a bit more.

Fully understood,  They are growing on me.

The Evora GT430 may be 200 kg heavier than an Exige but it has better high speed stability and I think with Auto / paddle shift changes a chance to be quicker on track and without the noise and additional drama ( or is that part of the fun ?? )

Would like a go in an Auto!!

agree the gt430s are just stunning, after the gte its the best looking lotus for me. 

I always wondered why this one has hung about, think the louder colours really suit this car:

https://www.levencarcompany.co.uk/lotus/lotus-evora-3-5-gt430-2dr

does anyone on here actually have the auto? hoping the next car models all come with the option of a great auto.  

@Tex, if my outings in a IPS Evora 400 are anything to go by, it wouldn't be a bad prospect at all, though I would want to retain the LSD as per the manual.

Porsche PDK is very well developed, in fact so much  so I believe drivers are advised to leave the car in auto rather than interfere with the accuracy. The Lotus IPS unfortunately wont hold a candle to that system on track, works fine on the road but I understand from a few that it sometimes gets a little confused or doesn't select a gear at paddle command in the heat of the moment. Then of course ther is the ommision of the LSD too.

Trevor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BatMobile said:

agree the gt430s are just stunning, after the gte its the best looking lotus for me. 

I always wondered why this one has hung about, think the louder colours really suit this car:

does anyone on here actually have the auto? hoping the next car models all come with the option of a great auto.  

The Leven car is stunning in the flesh. The only thing that would put me off is the lack of Sparco seats.

Why that Tim?

The 'Exige' Cup seats are excellent :>) IMHO, totally in keeping with the car, especially as they also shed 18 kg over the Sparco's! 👍

5 hours ago, Arun_D said:

the model that caught my eye the most was the GT430 (perhaps worryingly?). 

was it the full fat wings and all version? I thought production had finished 

@SFO Yes a couple of each type.  I was also surprised to see one set of 3-Eleven panels on a dolly ready to be fitted (Essex blue if anyone is interested).

1 hour ago, pete757 said:

Why that Tim?

The 'Exige' Cup seats are excellent :>) IMHO, totally in keeping with the car, especially as they also shed 18 kg over the Sparco's! 👍

I'm the opposite Pete, I think the sparco's are more in keeping with the Evora. Superb car otherwise :wub:

I think the Exige seats are great in the Exige btw, but not in the Evora. The Evora seat in the Exige would be a nightmare too :shock::rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, SFO said:

was it the full fat wings and all version? I thought production had finished 

The order book for Europe and rest of the world maybe closed, yet you can get one from a dealer provided you don't insist on having your own dream spec. However Lotus should be busy with the North American spec. The presentation of the GT430 for North America is set for early December with deliveries starting in the spring.

22 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

The Evora seat in the Exige would be a nightmare too :shock::rolleyes:

won’t fit!

38 minutes ago, SFO said:

won’t fit!

I know. I was just saying from the perspective of the suitability of one for the other, that is to say each are best in their intended position. But not the other way round.  :secret:

3 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

I know. I was just saying from the perspective of the suitability of one for the other, that is to say each are best in their intended position. But not the other way round.  :secret:

That's subjective and down to an individuals position. For me, I love my carbon race seats in my 410 Sport and would not want the Sparco's. I have no ill towards those that do have them, their car and their choice. But in my 410 they are staying.

Can't help but think they would also look good in a GT3RS too!

My GT430 is Auto. Compared to my precious 400 auto gearbox, it is sharper and faster in gear changes and more accurate. This difference is more prominent after 20mn pushing on track on private road. Quite happy with it for now, but not equal to PDK by any means. Yet, I prefer it over a PDK for its brutality and its sounds on downshifting!

GF

32 minutes ago, Hakim0v said:

My GT430 is Auto. Compared to my precious 400 auto gearbox, it is sharper and faster in gear changes and more accurate. This difference is more prominent after 20mn pushing on track on private road. Quite happy with it for now, but not equal to PDK by any means. Yet, I prefer it over a PDK for its brutality and its sounds on downshifting!

GF

Pity your not a bit closer as would like to have met up .

As there are so few Auto GT430’s I think they may become very sought after . Have you considered the soon to be available 460 Komotec upgrade or are you happy with the 430 power ?

7 hours ago, BatMobile said:

We have the auto although we have not done a track day yet

5 hours ago, Trevsked said:

Porsche PDK is very well developed, in fact so much  so I believe drivers are advised to leave the car in auto rather than interfere with the accuracy. The Lotus IPS unfortunately wont hold a candle to that system on track, works fine on the road but I understand from a few that it sometimes gets a little confused or doesn't select a gear at paddle command in the heat of the moment. Then of course ther is the ommision of the LSD too.

Trevor.

Not sure about the PDK being better, the Audi DSG isn’t as good as the Lotus auto when using paddle or full auto mode, TBTH when we do get round to track day the car I’m fairly certain will be much better in “sport” auto mode than me doing paddle shift 

as for the comments on LSD will we ever know?

for me the car could do with better (harder) engine mounts and also considering replacing the pre-cat manifold 

in answer to the criticism on the proper light weight seats I’m really pleased we didn’t waste £3.5K on the soft option 

oh dear thought this was going to be a quiet night in!

1 hour ago, DarrylV8 said:

Not sure about the PDK being better, the Audi DSG isn’t as good as the Lotus auto when using paddle or full auto mode, TBTH when we do get round to track day the car I’m fairly certain will be much better in “sport” auto mode than me doing paddle shift 

as for the comments on LSD will we ever know?

for me the car could do with better (harder) engine mounts and also considering replacing the pre-cat manifold 

in answer to the criticism on the proper light weight seats I’m really pleased we didn’t waste £3.5K on the soft option 

oh dear thought this was going to be a quiet night in!

Be interesting to know if and when you do track it and where as on Somewhere like Silverstone you can just about get away with only having to short shift in a couple of places unlike most other circuits .