free hit
counters
Evora GT430 - Page 107 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
KAS-118

Evora GT430

1 hour ago, Tex said:

Pity your not a bit closer as would like to have met up .

As there are so few Auto GT430’s I think they may become very sought after . Have you considered the soon to be available 460 Komotec upgrade or are you happy with the 430 power ?

Yes indeed. I attended the Lotus 70’s Anniv but failed to meet any of you guys. Hopefully one day, we do a GT430 parade when they are “collection cars” 😂

abt the Komotec... I doubt I would be interested. A 500 hp upgrade and an LSD would be more worthy the pain, cuz this car can handle much more power than it has in its stomach right now. I believe it is abt time they seriously consider a DC gearbox also.

GF

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I’m sure @Sizona will be out on track is his in the new year

• Haha 1

Black n gold

3 hours ago, Hakim0v said:

My GT430 is Auto. Compared to my precious 400 auto gearbox, it is sharper and faster in gear changes and more accurate. This difference is more prominent after 20mn pushing on track on private road. Quite happy with it for now, but not equal to PDK by any means. Yet, I prefer it over a PDK for its brutality and its sounds on downshifting!

GF

do you have a video to see in action the gearbox ?

thank you

3 hours ago, Hakim0v said:

I wish Lotus made sexier changes to the Interior of the GT430.... 

What would you have liked to have seen? 

I called Boe Fab last week to discuss power upgrades in a yet to be purchased Evora and a week or so before that a local-ish Lotus dealership in regards to the 400 and 430.

they both stated at this time the manual is a much stronger trans especially for track use

Boe did state they are working on a kit which is suppose to improve the auto trans.  No clue what it improves and if it makes this option stronger

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stubox said:

I’m sure @Sizona will be out on track is his in the new year

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

15 hours ago, Hakim0v said:

My GT430 is Auto. Compared to my precious 400 auto gearbox, it is sharper and faster in gear changes and more accurate. This difference is more prominent after 20mn pushing on track on private road. Quite happy with it for now, but not equal to PDK by any means. Yet, I prefer it over a PDK for its brutality and its sounds on downshifting!

GF

When test reports and owners refer to the brutality of auto shifts I find myself wondering what stresses and strains these shifts place on the transmission and further up the drivetrain. A brutal shift in this context is a hard and sudden jerk which must place significant stress on a multitude of components. Its all rather ironic as those of us who (try to) master heeling and toeing are seeking the exact opposite of brutal shifts - we want to match the revs so that the gear change is rapid and smooth with revs perfectly matched for the lower gear being shifted down to - I suspect most who heel and toe also hate a jerky upshift or a slipped clutch on the upshift. 

Elise S sold February 2018.  GT410 Sport on order

I know this is a very difficult question to answer but any feedback would be appreciated.  Can anyone comment on the real world differences between a GT430 with and without the sound deadening?  As a point of reference I have owned an S1 Exige (Motorsport version which was basiclly a german spec car with a roll cage and without AC).  I’ve also owned an Elise Sport 190 (track only Motorsport spec), and an Exige S240 (USA Street Car).  I’m building out a spec to order the US GT430 should they announce them and don’t have any idea what the relative noise level would be.  

It would also be helpful to understand if a GT430 with the sound deadening is similar or the same as an Evora 400 (I can test drive one of those).

This car will be a street and track car but not a daily driver.  As a point of reference, if someone has the Evora and a GT3, I have a 991.1 GT3 and a 991.2 GT3 Touring.

Thanks!

Instagram: @tpupnomad

18 GT3 Touring

17 911 C4S Cab

17 Lexus GX460

15 Macan S

1985 Lotus Turbo Esprit

06 BMW K1200S

On 21/11/2018 at 10:37, hosscartwri said:

When test reports and owners refer to the brutality of auto shifts I find myself wondering what stresses and strains these shifts place on the transmission and further up the drivetrain. A brutal shift in this context is a hard and sudden jerk which must place significant stress on a multitude of components. Its all rather ironic as those of us who (try to) master heeling and toeing are seeking the exact opposite of brutal shifts - we want to match the revs so that the gear change is rapid and smooth with revs perfectly matched for the lower gear being shifted down to - I suspect most who heel and toe also hate a jerky upshift or a slipped clutch on the upshift. 

Mines not particularly 'brutal'.  To me, it's just a fairly normal auto-box change.  I suspect it's just a case of it being judged against the silky-smooth dual-clutch units out there.

8 minutes ago, SH said:

Mines not particularly 'brutal'.  To me, it's just a fairly normal auto-box change.  I suspect it's just a case of it being judged against the silky-smooth dual-clutch units out there.

Ours is quick but by no means brutal 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

On 01/01/2019 at 18:55, TpupNomad said:

I know this is a very difficult question to answer but any feedback would be appreciated.  Can anyone comment on the real world differences between a GT430 with and without the sound deadening?  As a point of reference I have owned an S1 Exige (Motorsport version which was basiclly a german spec car with a roll cage and without AC).  I’ve also owned an Elise Sport 190 (track only Motorsport spec), and an Exige S240 (USA Street Car).  I’m building out a spec to order the US GT430 should they announce them and don’t have any idea what the relative noise level would be.  

It would also be helpful to understand if a GT430 with the sound deadening is similar or the same as an Evora 400 (I can test drive one of those).

This car will be a street and track car but not a daily driver.  As a point of reference, if someone has the Evora and a GT3, I have a 991.1 GT3 and a 991.2 GT3 Touring.

Thanks!

The GT430 is the same car as the 400 aside from the engine setup, wheels, some weight saving, and cosmetic's pretty much, so trying a 400 will give you a very good idea - it won't be the 100% the same but 90%. The sport 410 has a different suspension setup but I think the GT4*0 has the standard 400 setup suspension wise (someone confirm?). The GT430 would be a great street/track car. 

2 hours ago, bosshog said:

The GT430 is the same car as the 400 aside from the engine setup, wheels, some weight saving, and cosmetic's pretty much, so trying a 400 will give you a very good idea - it won't be the 100% the same but 90%. The sport 410 has a different suspension setup but I think the GT4*0 has the standard 400 setup suspension wise (someone confirm?). The GT430 would be a great street/track car. 

I would say that's selling the GT430 a bit short.  It has different suspension components and significant aero updates.  Have a look at this YouTube channel, he produces some really good videos with commentary which illustrate the GT430 differences really well..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiTxRYskOChrG2rjUutGRWQ

Thanks for the comments and link to the videos; I have watched many of those.  Sorry, I'm a bit jet lagged and didn't ask my question very well.  The UK GT430 lists "Sound Insulation" as an option.  I was asking how livable the car is without it and how the noise levels (with/without) might compare to an Exige which is my only other Lotus reference point (my comments about owning an S1 and S2 Exige).

Thanks!

Roy

Instagram: @tpupnomad

18 GT3 Touring

17 911 C4S Cab

17 Lexus GX460

15 Macan S

1985 Lotus Turbo Esprit

06 BMW K1200S

Roy,

Maybe try sending a PM to @The Pits (he is the owner of the green GT430 above). Unfortunately, he doesn't really post on here anymore but he might respond to a PM from you.

A question for GT430 Automatic owners.  Do any of the auto's come with the adjustable traction control?  Latest parts list shows a deletion of the +/- buttons, but I didn't think the was always so.   Over here in the US we have so little information on the car.

3 hours ago, Julian73 said:

A question for GT430 Automatic owners.  Do any of the auto's come with the adjustable traction control?  Latest parts list shows a deletion of the +/- buttons, but I didn't think the was always so.   Over here in the US we have so little information on the car.

Uk autos don’t have TC.

Trevor.

• Like 1

I'll get around to it at some point.

Further to my question above regarding Automatics w or w/o TC; chancing down wiring harnesses it seems that six (6) 2018 GT430 Autos were built with variable TC:  

auto Vins HH_20540, 541, 542, 566, 567 & 601 After that the feature was removed.

21 hours ago, Julian73 said:

Further to my question above regarding Automatics w or w/o TC; chancing down wiring harnesses it seems that six (6) 2018 GT430 Autos were built with variable TC:  

auto Vins HH_20540, 541, 542, 566, 567 & 601 After that the feature was removed.

I am one of the early 2018 built GT430 Auto owners , There is no variable TC, no dial up traction slip using the +/- buttons as no +/- buttons. They are blanked out, the digital binnacle display will therefore not show the system as present cause it's not!

Hope that helps

Afternoon! 

US dealers have schedule meetings with Lotus Cars US this week (20/21).  We should have specs and pricing in hand for US 410/430 by end of week.   If anyone wishes for me to ask any particular questions during the meetings, please send me a pm.

-Brian

• Like 2