free hit
counters
Evora GT430 - Page 13 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my new Evora GT 430 with special painting ( Gold Leaf) by hethel factory. The car is waiting for me at Komo Tec Germany. You can see the car this weekend in the KOMO-TEC Box in Nürburg /N

Thanks @Bibs and all.   What a feeling.  And it will be the only time in my life I am customer #1!   More pics and thoughts to follow.  But I can say this is a special car, very special. 

Posted Images

First thoughts

430bhp. Predictable, but disappointing. I see the gearbox is untouched bar a cooler. Not surprising.

250kg downforce is genuinely impressive.

Do not like the look of the front end. Not sure on the rear end. Love the wing. Am sure it will look much better in person.

Adjustable ohlins = cool

Interior seems to be going the right direction - looks much more luxurious than the 410's, certainly in the press car spec. Carbon backed sparcos is how they are meant to be! So nice touch.

Price not known, will make a big difference to my opinion although I can't afford it in any case.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

I love how focused this car is, and yet it not only has power folding mirrors, but they are also heated!!! brilliant!! What a machine though.... the front reminds of the pre 400 evoras!

The 'optional' Sparco's are beautifully trimmed and now include a solution to the creaking issue. No more creaking! 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I know @C8RKH will hate it...

...but in that colour.  Want. So. Badly.

I am seriously impressed with the attention to detail on this car (not that my opinion really matters in the grand scheme of things).  The CF looks spot on and the aero package has enhanced the 400 look.

Figures look pretty tidy across the board.  It's looking ominously expensive - but very much worth it.  GT350 anyone?

Weapon.

I can't comment until the press release goes out chaps. If I did, TLF would lose the kind of access we have so please bear with. 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

2 minutes ago, Bibs said:

The 'optional' Sparco's are beautifully trimmed and now include a solution to the creaking issue. No more creaking! 

Can the solution be applied to previous cars? Swap out for the new runners maybe?

@430CUP I wonder if it will be NCO as in the 410. Perhaps Lotus are just keeping their American market in mind, where the 410-style Exige seats are not legal.

James Martin (JayEmm)

125k fully specced?

Edited by PaulLF1

I think it looks awesome apart from the hanger rail spoiler over the existing spoiler at the rear. Just looks like a bad design.

Im sure its there for serious reasons but it does look like shit aftermarket halfords add on.

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

I'll be honest. We haven't heard the price yet so we could still be shocked, BUT - I suspect this is going to be priced close to a 911 GT3. That's 111K plus options. Yes, I know, you can't buy one at list, but that doesn't stop the comparisons happening (Read any comments section of my GT4 videos).

A 911 GT3 has 500bhp and a mega gearbox, I am sure the Evora might be a sweeter handling car but it becomes very very difficult to justify this kind of money for that kind of power.

@Cypriot No, it isn't.... I know everyone here thinks I hate the 410 but I really do have a soft spot for it in the right colour and spec.

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)

• Bibs changed the title to New Lotus to Be Launched Next Week - Now Evora GT430