Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GT430 - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GT430

KAS-118

^^^mouarfff... 

On a more serious note, give them time to figure out where they want to position the marque. You may not be off the mark by much here maybe just a few months early.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I really do think that it is just the race version of Evora the timing is about right, it is only an internet release not a full launch according to the tease... if they release the Evora race 4XX now, they stay in the news and it gives them time to prepare its road version, that they should release by the end of the year, if I just look at their car release track record since JMG took over, Lotus has been really consistent: one early in the year release, one mid summer release and one end of the year release, pretty much like clockwork : the Elise race 250 was launched in July last year while the 3-Eleven was Launched in June at Goodwood 2 years ago.

if this car is to be the most potent version of a car it can only be the Evora for now. Lotus closed the ordering book of the 3-Eleven in April have they not? There's no point in releasing a 4-Eleven now considering the tech they have at their disposal at this point in time and the fact that dealers still have a few 3-Elevens in their showroom.

Considering Geely is probably helping a bit already but not as much as to already change major parts, I think it makes sense for the car to be the Race 4XX, it is about adding the motorsport bits readily available and advertising the weight savings as the car is unlikely to get additional power. 

So here's my anticipated spec list

• new carbon fiber front bumper with canards and full length splitter
  • new carbon fiber rear bumper
  • new carbon fiber rear wing
  • new wheel well louvres
  • side air vents
  • new carbon fiber side skirt
  • new carbon fiber diffuser with winglets
  • Ohlins adjustable dampers 
  • Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires in 245
  • FIA compliant roll cage
  • momo steering wheel 
  • XTrac sequential gearbox with flappy paddles
  • TFT dashboard (with optional data logger)
  • adjustable traction control
  • carbon race seats with (with 4 point harness)

In the engine bay, we should find the 3-Eleven Race spec engine possibly a slight tune I expect it to be in the 460 to 500bhp range... I expect the weight to be in the 1280kg (dry) range and the car priced sensibly at around 160k - the previous GT4 was priced a tad below 150k - and  it should be a fully compliant FIA GT4 racer. If they just do that it will wet the appetite of some GTE owners, some other owners will probably take notice, as the Race version as been the template for both Elise and Exige Cup models since JMG has taken over.

All of this is pure speculation, but is informed by all the stuff we know Lotus have been working on in the past 3 years. And I wouldn't be surprised if they brand it Lotus motorsport, not would I be really surprised if Motorsport was brought back from the freezer where it's been storaged for a little while... They just brought back the LDA so bringing back Lotus Motorsport would be the next logical move.  

Edited by NedaSay

Evora Sprint. At least, that's what I'm getting from the wheel rim.

Sudders and Dany

8 hours ago, Buddsy said:

Is that an Evora 410 with an extra 1BHP? hahhah

buddsy

Could be, but was hoping for a 4 Eleven, more power, less weight, bit like a bigger more civilised and less raw 3 eleven on the Evora platform

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Parramint said:

They just franchised the LDA.

LDA was already franchised was it not?  I thought only the Hethel one was actually owned and run by Lotus, the others under licence. This was from November 2015:

http://www.lotuscars.com/news/corporate/lotus-franchise-lotus-driving-academy-worldwide?language=en

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Definitely a new Evora product. The GTE tyres were the same width as current 400 so if they increased width here that means they expect this to very fast and at least in the high 400 Bhp.

I kind of hope it is an extreme version for a high price otherwise will push down the value of my 400!

Whatever it is, I wish it will increase the visibility of the brand and the evora, such an unknown gem out there.

Front wheel arch vents (on an Evora) all day long chaps.

I'm just amazed they're doing a faster Evora so soon after the Sport 410 and not the promised convertible version. I don't get the rationale but it should be a very exciting and capable car with the emphasis on aero gains, the one obvious area where there was room for improvement on the 410. Based on the 410s track capability this really should be something exceptional but I just fear what the price might be. I'd rather give Lotus £100k than Porsche but I have a preference for Norfolk built cars that's completely out of step with the mainstream sports car buyer. If it's anywhere near the £111k base price of the new 911 GT3 gen 2, Porsche will just make Lotus look like a bunch of chancers. The Evora might look better to my eyes and might even drive better but it ain't going to make 500bhp or rev to 9000rpm. The Porsche mad press will flay Lotus if there isn't clear daylight between the two on price.

• Like 2

LDA was already franchised was it not?  I thought only the Hethel one was actually owned and run by Lotus, the others under licence.

The Hethel based LDA is franchised.....nothing to do with Lotus.

Yea. I was very close on Friday to grabbing Silverstone's GP edition...

I guess all the dealers were all well aware of this new version coming so they could stock up on the current 410? Going to be some cracking deals on those I guess very soon :)

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

58 minutes ago, The Pits said:

I'm just amazed they're doing a faster Evora so soon after the Sport 410 and not the promised convertible version. I don't get the rationale but it should be a very exciting and capable car with the emphasis on aero gains, the one obvious area where there was room for improvement on the 410. Based on the 410s track capability this really should be something exceptional but I just fear what the price might be. I'd rather give Lotus £100k than Porsche but I have a preference for Norfolk built cars that's completely out of step with the mainstream sports car buyer. If it's anywhere near the £111k base price of the new 911 GT3 gen 2, Porsche will just make Lotus look like a bunch of chancers. The Evora might look better to my eyes and might even drive better but it ain't going to make 500bhp or rev to 9000rpm. The Porsche mad press will flay Lotus if there isn't clear daylight between the two on price.

Yep, amazed here too... unless the new owners have other ideas, revised styling, more of an S3 Evora as opposed to just offering some extra fresh air. For the record I'd far sooner give Lotus my hard earned too, a new Esprit with an expanded R&D budget would be a winner I'm sure.

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

1 hour ago, French Frie said:

It is published by Lotus on their FB page, so I hope it's the right car :P !

Ok. Right, my mistake because of the wheels :P

Edited by rallyesax

3 hours ago, rallyesax said:

This picture seems to be from an exige. But the Evora's one are gonna be quite alike.

And it is road legal and limited 

Road legal you say... Then it will need a lot of extra ommph these 245 section tyres are quite sticky. 

Well as expected we got louvers, not quite perfectly integrated to the front bonnet... they do look tacked on too much in my opinion, they did a much better job on the Cup 380 louvers, these do look unrefined as if they decide to just cut holes in the bonnet and glue after market elements on it... Not really what I expect from a car that is going to command over 110k.

I guess our next teaser will include either the diffuser or the front splitter

Edited by NedaSay