free hit
counters
Evora GT430 - Page 29 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
KAS-118

Evora GT430

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Not planning on any track day the Jonny?

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

It's not louder than the standard pipe so will see how I get on with noisy days to begin with. 

Since passing up the chance for a GT430 I'll have to find some other way of getting one-upmanship over @Stubox, if that means restricting myself to Silverstone, Donington, Spa and the 'Ring then so be it!

:D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stubox said:

I think they'd look great in Reflex Charcoal :)

:banned:

1 hour ago, The Pits said:

Right that's done it. Given there's no obvious reason why a 410 wouldn't sound just as good as that with the Ti silencer, I'll be having one of those. 

@blindside does yours sound any different?

If it's 10kg lighter, goes blue and sounds like that, where do I sign?

I think Ti does sound slightly different to the stainless back box (which sounds fantastic). It has a hollower more metallic sound, with a little less bass than you get with steel. There is just as much noise at mid range and it sounds manic over 5k rpm. OK it limits track selection, but it's very nice to look at and listen to. :thumbup:

P1010383.JPG

P1010384.JPG

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Pits said:

I can do some decent photoshops, invaluable for wrestling with colour choice,  I should really charge something for this as it takes hours to do half decently but might make an exception for 430 owners. At least there are only 2 of you at the moment!

:thumbup:

Yes please !

im looking at Racing Green, Motorsport Black or the launch colour grey - all with silver wheels ??

12 hours ago, farook said:

Congrats Anthony & Mark - awesome! Great to know have we have at least 2 of the 6 here.

now talking specs only three things matter: 

1) colour - I look forward to the angst, the changing of minds, the emotional pulls and then the final decision ?

2) harness (six point) and bar  - it HAS to have these....

3) aircon - cos we have all gone soft, but it helps on the drives to Spa and Ring!

very exciting guys ?

Spot on mate.  Colour us driving me mad but in a good way.  Harness and aircon obvs!

1 hour ago, anthonyyule said:

Yes please !

im looking at Racing Green, Motorsport Black or the launch colour grey - all with silver wheels ??

Yes please.  Daytona Blue, Essex Blue with red pinstripe and Burnt Orange!  ?

On 7/21/2017 at 14:51, NedaSay said:

The rear subframe is i guess still made of high strength steel and could be made in aluminum... That would make it a full carbon Lotus Evora. I guess we'll know in around two years and by then Lotus maybe in a very different place.

Lotus once stated that the rear subframe is steel rather than aluminum do to the concern of degradation due to the exhaust heat.  Lotus did make some prototype Ti subframes, saw one for sale earlier this year.

On 02/08/2017 at 20:13, Corsu said:

Is it the "Empire Green" paint ?

1501701155-dgkgv5txsaihzob-jpg-large.jpg

Great colour! Makes it look like the car equivalent of an extremely menacing stinging insect:

VRLQ9RRQCRG0Z0E0TQP0H0P0Z020DQ40TQFKURJKCQ40YQ80K080WRX0WRI0JQJKTRE0R060S0XQQ0E0YRLQOQFKTQ.jpg

So is the GT430 poised to make a dynamic presentation in London this week?

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Marketing team have lunch at the Dorchester. What's a Nordschleife anyway?

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's around this time of year that the arabs ship their supercars over for the Knightsbridge Grand Prix isn't it? Nothing to do with drinking in strip clubs of course, that's against their religion. :whistle:

I'm guessing Lotus think they could bump up their orders from the middle east.

I may find myself at the Dorchester tomorrow then ... for the car obviously, not the Middle East gentlemen and their entertainments!

• Haha 2

You'll probably find it parked outside Spearmint Rhinos next!

Who is this new marketing guy again? Certainly immersing himself in his customer's mind-set!

Evil looking car from the rear :thumbup:   I just cant see the point though in heavily marketing a limited edition car imo  ?   Or do they still have plenty to sell ?

A

I imagine they have plenty to sell that are earmarked for the rest of the world, hence the chosen location.

Trevor.

• Like 1

I'll get around to it at some point.

Do Central Lotus (and possibly Hoffmans) still have their UK allocated vehicle for sale?  The Central Lotus one is still on Pistonheads.

(I'm looking for a no answer - to be clear - especially before I go to see it tomorrow)

Hofmanns still had their build slot for sale last week...

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

That's the wrong answer Connor...!

Thanks (!) @CocoPops!

Greg