Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GT430 - Page 3 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GT430

KAS-118

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Your raising the interesting question, could Lotus have sourced the gearbox they need on their own at this point and time? 

Upgrading the manual BOX is certainly a possibility, it would come at a price, but Lotus does already open the gearbox to install/tweak their own ratios, so upgrading the pinnings is entirely possible but you bet tha mod alone would send the price way up. Upgrading the auto is doable as better gearboxes are available from Lotus supplier and it would be entirely "plug and play", in order to acquire one of these Lotus would need to pay extra compared to the 6 speed though. Last I heard Lotus Cars was making a small profit so maybe some of that money could have been used to source a gearbox upgrade. and that gearboxe definitely doesn't cost the same as the Xtrac automated manual.

9 hours ago, French Frie said:

Here are the vents :

792489IMG1393.jpg

This looks much more like the 311 lines than an Evora. 

Maybe GT4 derivate or successor to the 311?

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Surely Lotus would use their in house V8 developed during DB tenure?

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

1 hour ago, TBD said:

This looks much more like the 311 lines than an Evora. 

Maybe GT4 derivate or successor to the 311?

The car is an Evora.

Some of you guessed some right points and some of you went way to far :lol:

1 hour ago, DarrylV8 said:

Surely Lotus would use their in house V8 developed during DB tenure?

I doubt it.  It won't beat a Toyota / Lexus V8 for reliability.  Ever since Lotus has used Toyota engines in their cars things have been very good :)

• Gold FFM

And what's wrong with the engine in my S4?

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Here she is.  “powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.”

Do enjoy the teaser images and excitements.  Perhaps this one will have two cup holders and squeekless seats.

Evora (Metallic Green).jpg

• Gold FFM

So the first and third one get me a 'page not found' message and the second one gets me an Elise?

Am I missing something?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

The site is handling them differently. The Cup one clearly has something directing that URL to the base range page where as the others simply have nothing "listening" so you get a 404. 

It could simply be an SEO thing in that Evora Cup is a search term used and they want to handle traffic. Can't see it being unintentional so you could be onto something :) 

Just checked, it's a 301 redirect, so if it is going to have something unveiled on immanently it should be 302. Although the lotus cars website has never really been that on the ball when it comes to best practice.

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

1 hour ago, kokostrollet said:

Notice the difference when you type in the following URLs?

http://www.lotuscars.com/evora-sprint_430

http://www.lotuscars.com/evora-cup

http://www.lotuscars.com/evora-race

I am pretty sure we are waiting for an Evora Cup version. 

Sound reasoning, Lotus and they are not the only ones have had moments in the past when the website links  would let people know of incoming stuff coming a bit too early.

Having a "cup" link ready to go probably makes a lot of sense for the IT guys though but then so would "race ".

Well if it is a Evora Cup I hope it is not just a Cup 410 or 420, Cup 430 would cut if for Lotus fans, but as JayEmm said the press will probably have none of it. if it is a Cup 410, the car and the company will be ridiculed.

So really hoping they managed to tune or source the gearbox and let the engine power curve go loose.

come on, Baptiste ... give us a clue :P ! for example, would you sell your 400 for the new car ? are Cup2s actually fitted to this car (Sport 4s pattern is quite similar) ?

Edited by French Frie
typo