Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GT430 - Page 4 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GT430

KAS-118

I think it will be a special edition Evora below 1300kg.  

For the few who know the difference

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Interesting rear clam posted today.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Im confused........isnt this what porsche do...

911 gt3....or the gt3 with optional fag lighter....or the gt3 r....not quite s...or the gt3 rs......still all 911 

someone tell lotus to stop......Im really confused......I could see the point for N/A and S....

then the upgrade to 400.......not convinced about adding another 10bhp and track suspension and calling it 410 was different enough......little tweeks dont count for me......if your going to do something do it.....

let face it the elise guys have been doing this on their own for so long...what with Audi and Honda conversions......

but recently weve have the new elise, then the cup then the elise with abit more power then the cup with a tweek....then the elsie cup tweek tweeked.....then the elise cup cup tweeked tweek.......

isnt this cutting your market and meaning people will get lost with whats what.....I know I am.....

I want a sportscar for the road......

confused (thats if it is just another tweek and a stripe.....)

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

3 hours ago, French Frie said:

come on, Baptiste ... give us a clue :P ! for example, would you sell your 400 for the new car ? are Cup2s actually fitted to this car (Sport 4s pattern is quite similar) ?

I can tell you PSCup 2 are fitted (No secret, today's picture show it pretty well :P). The tires are wider Front and Rear than the 410 ones

Would I sell my 400 for it ? I'm afraid by the cost as I don't know it.... So if money gap is huge (bigger than what the car delivers), maybe not. But I'm definitely interested in the way this car goes :wub:

Looking at the rear of the 410 (and the front) - the pictures we have seen so far appear to show completely different bodywork..... not just tweaks.

The rear bumper is going to be completely changed.... not just the deletion of the reverse lights to make room for the ducts..... the whole shape of the bodywork above the diffuser has changed.

Similarly, the front access panel and the bodywork around that seems to have different sweeps and curves.

From the latest pic the side bodywork also seems more scalloped than before.... the front tires are very prominently on display.

Bodywork says "track only" but the rear parking sensors and tires say differently. Is it possible that the rear PDC are a red herring and the carbon diffuser has simply been lifted from the existing 410 (Lotus are notorious for their Press mock-ups not being 100% complete).

What exactly are we looking at here!!??

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, anthonyyule said:

The rear bumper is going to be completely changed.... not just the deletion of the reverse lights to make room for the ducts..... the whole shape of the bodywork above the diffuser has changed.

Similarly, the front access panel and the bodywork around that seems to have different sweeps and curves.

if you are right, the car could not be a limited edition. It would cost too much to Lotus to make a special car. On other hand that allows Lotus to sell a car at high price. If it deserves it ...

2 hours ago, Trevsked said:

Not sure I'd want a wide body car so not such a bad thing here.

Trevor.

Are you saying mines fat! ? 

I think a 4xx cup.

The rear bumper will have a carbon panel to include number plate and rev/fog light as the gte's do.

Gav 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corsu said:

if you are right, the car could not be a limited edition. It would cost too much to Lotus to make a special car. On other hand that allows Lotus to sell a car at high price. If it deserves it ...

Unless of course this is a limited fore-runner to a generally more aggressive Evora further down the road.

I still cant believe that Lotus re-tooled the Exige 380 clams for 80 cars..... the front wing cut-out and rear bumper-cut out of the 380 Cup are spectacular and really suit the car.... but to  cost up and re-tool for (originally) 60 examples only.,.... it makes no sense and I still expect to see the next general Exige update to feature them as standard.

I'm now not totally convinced we are looking at an Evora.

Someone's enjoying this a bit too much I reckon! ;)

We'll all know soon enough and then the negativity and armchair motor industry experts can spout forth in the usual fashion.

The more new faster/lighter/more downforce Lotus cars the better for me.

Anyone who's just bought a Sport 410 can console themselves with having a Sport 410 in the garage. It remains one of the greatest Lotus road cars in recent years. Whatever Lotus do from here won't change how well the 410 drives on road and track, nor how stunning it looks. I still enjoy driving boggo Elises so a Sport 410 will always be a blast. Was the S2 Exige made redundant by the V6? Rising market values would argue otherwise.

There's probably only going to be one more top Evora and Exige after this and the 380 Cup. Then it's 4 cyl turbos, probably hybrids. Time to enjoy this stuff while we can.

• Like 1

No - it's an easy-weekly-checks special. B-)

Viewing apertures provided for near-instantaneous front and rear tyre tread checks without having to roll around under the car. There are further speed-holes over the dipstick, brake and coolant reservoirs, and a quick-fill funnel over the screen wash.

It's an homage to F1 pit-stops. Probably.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anthonyyule said:

Looking at the rear of the 410 (and the front) - the pictures we have seen so far appear to show completely different bodywork..... not just tweaks.

From the latest pic the side bodywork also seems more scalloped than before.... the front tires are very prominently on display.

Bodywork says "track only" but the rear parking sensors and tires say differently. Is it possible that the rear PDC are a red herring and the carbon diffuser has simply been lifted from the existing 410 (Lotus are notorious for their Press mock-ups not being 100% complete).

What exactly are we looking at here!!??

I think we are looking at a car that requires a lot more cooling and produces a lot of downforce and no doubt mechanical grip. JMG mentioned a carbon intensive car a while back and I think this is it. 

This bumper has been fully reworked, so the back up lights are possibly going to be positioned the same way they were on the GTE/350. I see hints of the 3Eleven's back side in the way the body around the vent shapes upward.  And it looks like the panel right  behind the front wheel as also been redesigned. although it is so blurry it could be just pour reflexion on the shiny body. I'm wondering if they have used the same composite resin used on the 3-Eleven instead of the regular GRP but it is safe to think that they got the dry weight below 1300kg. 

I'm also baffled by the bodywork tweakery as it is pretty extensive and screams track only, yet the breaks were grooved which means road car and the diffuser - which hasn't changed much by this latest snipet - still contains back up sensors. So It appears we are getting the Evora Cup early... and after kokostrollet's initial effort, I went rummaging thru the Lotus website directory and returned zilch between cup 410 and cup 480 so it is still Cup 4XX for now, but really wondering how much bhp that thing has!? Could it be that Lotus was able to pull a rabbit from its hat on the gearbox limitations?  

That car is going to be pretty pricey, thinking 110k base price before you can add the deleted options back for a hefty chunk of money. Limited edition assuredly, this thing will need to be "PPFed" top to bottom.

Next teaser should be front bumper... Just a guess.  

when I was at the factory w/c 3rd July I overheard some techs talking about an Evora 430 mule which was on the production line....................... so we know for sure that at least 430 in an Evora will happen.... whether its the engine to go with these teaser pics or not remains to be seen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Pits said:

Someone's enjoying this a bit too much I reckon! ;)

We'll all know soon enough and then the negativity and armchair motor industry experts can spout forth in the usual fashion.

The more new faster/lighter/more downforce Lotus cars the better for me.

Anyone who's just bought a Sport 410 can console themselves with having a Sport 410 in the garage. It remains one of the greatest Lotus road cars in recent years. Whatever Lotus do from here won't change how well the 410 drives on road and track, nor how stunning it looks. I still enjoy driving boggo Elises so a Sport 410 will always be a blast. Was the S2 Exige made redundant by the V6? Rising market values would argue otherwise.

There's probably only going to be one more top Evora and Exige after this and the 380 Cup. Then it's 4 cyl turbos, probably hybrids. Time to enjoy this stuff while we can.

I'm literally waiting to push the button on a 380 or 410 and I knew that there was an announcement coming. Thing is..... my contact knows that I don't track my car and he keeps tell me that "this possibly isn't for you".... which again makes me think that its track only (or some crazy SUV that I wouldn't buy!). I am enjoying it a lot.... its very exciting to see the new car getting uncloaked (even if I'm not sure if I want one or not!)

• Like 1