free hit
counters
Evora GT430 - Page 40 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GT430

KAS-118

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

My lips are sealed on spec.....for now. I'm not the only one playing their GT430 spec close to their chests.... and I'm not going to be the first to blink ;) 

I will say that I am really excited about my spec.... and its a bit of a departure from what I would normally go for. :) 

30 minutes ago, anthonyyule said:

My lips are sealed on spec.....for now. I'm not the only one playing their GT430 spec close to their chests.... and I'm not going to be the first to blink  

I will say that I am really excited about my spec.... and its a bit of a departure from what I would normally go for.  

Great to see you got over that bump in the road Tony and can not wait to see your spec off your 430,I am sure it's going to be special with you having probably the best spec 250 cup and knowing and what  Lotus's you have had in the past, you should be excited, I am excited for you pal lol

Edited by scotty435
Added
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, TheKevlarKid said:

Result! At least there is some clear direction now from them and you can get back to enjoying the excitement waiting for it, really pleased for you.

Yup - just some clarification was all that was required in the end. Could have gone 1 of 2 ways.... but the communication (subsequent to the new launch) has been excellent between myself and the Factory. They have provided the personal touch to keep me on side and its sometimes the little things like that which make the difference.

Right - back to the long wait...... roll on March 2018! lol

47 minutes ago, Ccd said:

Are there any rumors on GT 430 sport in terms of the USA????

No.... sadly not. Did the Press material not state the Sport was Federalised for the US?

Very glad the factory have managed to get you back on side Anthony. I'm quite sure you will be glad you stuck with it when they hand you the keys.

Good news for all future 430 Sport owners that they are now limited to 60 too (even if they never make 60!). 120 cars is still tiny. They made more 311s than that. Nearly 1000 911R,  675LT and so on.

If that was your doing Anthony then nicely done!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, anthonyyule said:

CONFIRMED

GT430 - 60 UNITS - (increased to 10 from 6 for UK)

GT430 Sport - 60 UNITS worldwide (excluding US)

Which I guess gives a GT430 family size of 120 cars with circa 20+ only coming to the UK - 10 of those max as big winged versions.

Happy days.

Well ok that make sense. Everybody will be much happier the car will remain special, the ones who wanted no aero will get no aero and a slight discount, from what I read here and on Lotustalk it was definitely a request many had. The fact that the one with the sport moniker goes to the least sporty of the two version is still baffling but anecdotal both version look superb. And I guess the US will get the GT430 "something something" just like we got some options that the rest of the world could not get at the beginning (carbon pack). Do a batch of 120 cars - + the roadster version that could add another 60 - dare I hope to think it is still coming - then Lotus can let the styling trickle down to the rest of the range in regular GRP fiber. 

This episode showed that Lotus marketing, sales and management need to do better at product unveiling... I hope Geely took notice of the snafu this should be easy enough to prevent in the future. Lotus needs to do a better job at letting their dealer network in the loop of their upcoming products - which they certainly are not - and the people in charge of writing the press release need to have all the info before letting the PR piece out.

@anthonyyule I hope you've been able to "force" your desired spec up their throat, stitching and all cause if you maintained your order for this very special car, then the car deserved to be the most special it can be  to your eyes not just 1 of 60 cars with cool exterior paint and standard interior trim.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, anthonyyule said:

Well - I've confirmed that I'm keeping my full fat GT430 order.... which in retrospect given the open discussions I have had with Lotus is the right thing to do.   

My spec has changed slightly, however, but I'm still very excited (and wish yesterdays be bump hadn't happened tbh!)

Very happy for you, Anthony, and you're a lucky guy indeed B-) ... but respectfully, may I say that you change totally your mood from one day to the other :blush: ? I wonder if it's just because of the limited numbers, or did they promised you things you can tell ? because if you keep the GT430 order, even if auto can be added to your order, the price difference remains, isn't it ? 

anyway, congrats ! and please keep us informed ... at least for what you can tell :ph34r: !

I think Lotus will stick to 60 models each because as we all know, they will introduce another model variation and then another one and then another one:rofl:

So long as the customers are happy and I detect Anthony is now a lot happier than yesterday, so I am pleased for him.

All turned out well in the end!

And for me there are only 81 LF1's in the World and only 31 in the UK.

Although if Lotus are reading this, I may be tempted by the last revision of the current Exige model in a super Cup spec in a few years time.:secret:

2 hours ago, Ccd said:

Yes, the 430 sport is supposedly coming to the USA in some form, but there were no further details.

I guess they cannot make the specs of the GT430 and GT430 Sport work as is in the US due to  NHTSA and EPA regulation, the car will certainly gain a few pounds crossing the ocean. But I'm confident that we'll get them over to this side, the GT430 Sport has California written all over.

I'm actually surprised they bothered to make the GT430 compatible with the auto box.  But I think it make sense on the GT430 Sport especially if you consider the US, Asian and middle eastern market.  If the GT430 is the track oriented the GT430 Sport will be the grand tourer/lifestyle version so an autobox is a good addition   

For some reason, Lotus usually struggles to sell even the limited numbers of these special cars. Odd really, when you consider how successful this policy is for other sports car manufacturers. If it hadn't been for TLF, they'd probably still be sitting on some of the GTEs! It's the only reason I got around to buying one. I don't think the GTEs even got a mention on Pistonheads back then or in any Lotus media, presumably because JMG didn't want any association with the Dany era. By the way, even though I bought my GTE and collected it direct from the factory, they have never once contacted me about launches or developments of other models. Oh and Anthony: isn't it just an amazing feeling when you preview the car at the factory? It' was the closest I have come to experiencing a religious moment!

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Out of curiosity, have the order books now closed for the 3-eleven? I see the factory roll one out on occasion, any ideas how close to their run they came?

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

They have, and I'm sure the numbers are commercially sensitive but it wasn't 311. 

Congrats Tony, pleased you're happy mate, you're going to have an amazing car :)

• Thanks 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

52 minutes ago, French Frie said:

Thanks for the explanation, Anthony ... and I do think that nobody has doubted of your angriness  :blush:... even Lotus :P !

Whatever some may say about our beloved brand, it's great to be able to be in direct touch with them :thumbup: ! Try with others :whistle:...

PS : so, one of my kidneys is now officially for sale :welcome:!

I put part of my liver up for sale a while ago...I guess I don't need both kidneys...

16 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

For some reason, Lotus usually struggles to sell even the limited numbers of these special cars. Odd really, when you consider how successful this policy is for other sports car manufacturers. If it hadn't been for TLF, they'd probably still be sitting on some of the GTEs! It's the only reason I got around to buying one. I don't think the GTEs even got a mention on Pistonheads back then or in any Lotus media, presumably because JMG didn't want any association with the Dany era. By the way, even though I bought my GTE and collected it direct from the factory, they have never once contacted me about launches or developments of other models. Oh and Anthony: isn't it just an amazing feeling when you preview the car at the factory? It' was the closest I have come to experiencing a religious moment!

Lotus are fools to themselves at times. They seemingly manage to regularly shoot themselves in both feet with one bullet, how I don't know, but they do... Like Anthony said, its the little things that make the 'big' difference to the customer, especially when you're chucking north of 100k at them, and even more so when you're buying the most expensive road car they have ever made... they don't seem to realise that is probably 4-5yrs wages for some people and when you're spending that amount of money with them you'd think they'd want to get it right from the start... it's really not that difficult if you sit and think it all out from conception to completion before you start promoting it, else you end up in a mess like we've just seen.

Again, they have more than enough existing customers in their little black book who have that sort of money to spend yet they continually seem to ignore it, seemingly favouring new blood over old. We all want new customers on the books but i'd never ignore or shun the old ones as a result of chasing new yet they seem to do just this.

I'm not going to divulge the exact amount of money I've spent directly with them over the last 10yrs but it amounts to a 211, V6 cup, 2x Gte's and 2x elise race cars. You can then double that amount on parts I've bought directly from them.  Its a shit load of money, let's just put it that way. What contact have I had from Lotus marketing in all that time? A recall notice for oil pipes on the 2-11, thats it!! Not that I expect any favouritism from them, but fucking he'll. If one of my customers had spent that much with me over that period they'd be the the ones I'd be looking at first with my new products and trying to get them onboard.

Drove into the local Mercedes-Benz dealer the other month for the first time ever in my lotus, amg sales chap in there never seen me before but offered me the keys to a 150k GTR and told me to go fill my boots... had I been able to buy the car on the day I'd have put a deposit down, however itwas demo and a two year wait. It made me seriuisly consider reducing the lotus fleet to get one... what are lotus doing to try and keep me under the umbrella? Sweet FA.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheKevlarKid said:

What contact have I had from Lotus marketing in all that time? A recall notice for oil pipes on the 2-11, thats it!! Not that I expect any favouritism from them, but fucking he'll. If one of my customers had spent that much with me over that period they'd be the the ones I'd be looking at first with my new products and trying to get them onboard.

Lotus has a lot to learn when it comes to Marketing and CRM. The ones that ever ordered a Porsche from new will know how well Porsche does in that respect ...

Lotus will have to learn that quickly if they seriously want to play in the >100k league 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, TheKevlarKid said:

150k GTR and told me to go fill my boots... had I been able to buy the car on the day I'd have put a deposit down, however itwas demo and a two year wait. 

I suspect if you looked around, you will find one much quicker. 

Not the same thing, but new unregistered GT C Roadsters are available