free hit
counters
Evora GT430 - Page 48 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
KAS-118

Evora GT430

I personally love the dimensions, they part of what makes the Evora unique.

A drive in a GTE also confirmed the benefits of doing an ultimate version on the standard width body. The GTE was very 'supercar' like in taking up more real estate on the road. That was a plus in terms of 'specialness' and styling but a minus in terms of threading it down a narrow B-road.

Of course I hope Lotus will one day do a new Esprit with more traditional supercar dimensions but until then it's exciting to see what they can do with the Evora platform.

• Thanks 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
4 hours ago, The Pits said:

Roofline looks pretty damn fine to me!

An attempt at Canyon Red.

canyon430.jpg

That particular red with all the CF and black lower sills & wheels is stunning. For me its the best 430 colour combo so far (in picture form at least). It might even beat MS black or green ;-)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, blindside said:

That particular red with all the CF and black lower sills & wheels is stunning. For me its the best 430 colour combo so far (in picture form at least). It might even beat MS black or green ;-)

seconded.. love that, shoes the contours an cf bits off to great effect..... voted:)

Classy option. Military Grey. One of the best Lotus colours in recent times. Stunning, highly light sensitive colour. Much more interesting than regular grey. Was always my 2nd choice for the Exige. Looked amazing on Howards' 410 and the GTE too. Blends beautifully with the carbon fibre panels but also doesn't make them disappear.

military430.jpg

• Like 2

I hear your Jonny and as always you put forward a solid argument......but I just don't get military grey personally. Apologies to anyone who does:blush:

5 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

You think that Lotus should've created a dedicated 2-seater Evora bodyshape (when they already have the Exige)??!?

Just the roofline. It’s a separate panel that is bonded in place so in the realms of things wouldn’t be that hard to produce.

Re Exige , it’s a completely different car to the Evora.  However some people like me, those with 2+0 and the 430s only want 2 seats in the larger, more refined Evora. 

13 hours ago, DJW said:

Agree , apart from the roofline which would look so much better if it was lower. I know a few people who have walked away from buying one down to the profile of the roof.  

Did even toy with idea of buying an early NA, cutting the roof panel off and having someone fabricate a sleeker version, but then realised that was a bit OTT ? 

Ok a few people may have walked away but that roofline also means that much taller drivers can fit in the Evora while a lower roofline would prevent that. I think MJK himself wanted a car in which he could seat without having to chop his own skull off, So the design serves a function as it should.

And I for one do think the car's proportions are just right.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DJW said:

Just the roofline. It’s a separate panel that is bonded in place so in the realms of things wouldn’t be that hard to produce.

Re Exige , it’s a completely different car to the Evora.  However some people like me, those with 2+0 and the 430s only want 2 seats in the larger, more refined Evora. 

And what would you do with the roll over bar?

I imagine that what you are asking for would require recertification. And there isn’t any money for that (at the moment).

1 hour ago, DJW said:

Re Exige , it’s a completely different car to the Evora.  However some people like me with exquisite taste and panache, grace and an appreciation of very fine sports cars, those with 2+0 and the 430s only want 2 seats in the larger, more refined Evora. 

FTFY.

• Haha 1

@Bravo73 my understanding is the roller over bar is at the top of the rear hatch ?  If so, you can run a perfectly horizontal line across from there to top of windscreen.  When you try that you will see how much roof is above that line, so plenty of scope to create a lower sleeker look within current boundaries of car.  Can’t be any harder or more expensive than creating the 400 front or rear end ?  

@NedaSay if you look at rooflines of R8’s , mclarens, Ferrari’s etc, there is very little rise in roofline from top of windscreen.  Makes for a very sleek look. The Evora looks like it’s wearing a cap.  I have sat in all those other cars and at 6ft tall had plenty of space above one side head.  

Fully understand why it was done for 2+2 and roof had to be compromised accordingly .  For a 2 seater option though there’s is no way Lotus would have made that roofline that high. That’s where the missed opportunity is imho. 

Anyway all great cars and I’m sure I’ll have my 3rd Evora in the next 12months ....I’ll just try not to look at the roof too much ;)

16 hours ago, DJW said:

@Bravo73 my understanding is the roller over bar is at the top of the rear hatch ?  If so, you can run a perfectly horizontal line across from there to top of windscreen.  When you try that you will see how much roof is above that line, so plenty of scope to create a lower sleeker look within current boundaries of car.  Can’t be any harder or more expensive than creating the 400 front or rear end ?  

Judging by how much difficulty Lotus seem to be having with creating the Evora Roadster, you still think that developing another body shape for 120 cars would be viable?

If the roofline ran straight from the ‘top of the hatch’ to the windscreen, I for one wouldn’t be able to fit in the car. And definitely not with a helmet on. (Anyway, ISTR (from B is for Build) that the roll hoop runs up the ‘B pillar’, ie just behind the door). 

The rollover hoop in these cars runs up and along the firewall and also around the B-pillar, it very much is a cage when you look at it.

A recent factory visit, I saw GT430s progressing down the line, and some interesting colours. Air Force Blue is not to my taste, but Vivid Green very much is!

Can't really argue with the name! Will see how close I can get to it.

DC7GK-qXcAIevT7.jpg

3 hours ago, The Pits said:

Can't really argue with the name! Will see how close I can get to it.

DC7GK-qXcAIevT7.jpg

That looks awesome 

• Like 1

Agreed, that's a great colour for a 410.

Trevor.

Hard to tell from this clip but looks like windsock isn't quite flat even with that amount of downforce. Would love to see a full lap.

• Like 2

I'll be over there on Friday so hope it is still there as would love to see one in the flesh, looks awesome even on the trailer :-)

awesome! can't wait for more pictures and comments.  Also looks like there is a grey one above your car!