free hit
counters
Evora GT430 - Page 52 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Evora GT430

KAS-118

• Gold FFM

I'd have the carbon seats over the Sparco's everytime. 

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
54 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

Surprised to see the red GT430 with the 410 style seats albeit with GT430 logos - thought all models would have what looked like the model specific ones that are in the grey car?

the 410 seats are standard fit on the GT430. The Sparcos are optional extra.

4 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I'd have the carbon seats over the Sparco's everytime. 

Depends what you are looking for..... but a run up the A93 might have you changing your mind. For sure they look much better than the Sparcos (in my eyes).... but (for me at least) they get very uncomfortable on extended runs (anything over 1.5hrs for me). They are the same seats as my 250 Cup and by the time I have driven from Aboyne to MMC they really are uncomfortable.

• Thanks 1

I am a big fan of the carbon seats too but only in the Exige. In the Evora they feel way too small and when sitting in them feel like they are positioned flatter on the floor making them less comfortable than when they’re in the Exige......that’s how I found them anyway

Got to agree with Tony, I have the Carbon buckets in my 250 and they do get uncomfortable on long journeys, thankfully I don't do many and the new Sparco's look amazing with the different use off materials and the Cabon backs.

And for seat balance I recently did Bordeaux to Calais in one hit (except for wee and cafe au lait) and was fine. One thing I did notice (on that length of drive you tend to notice the little things....) the seat/pedal/wheel  position doesn't help the case for comfort. Odd but never noticed on shorter jaunts.

However we're all different shapes or maybe I've a more tolerant fatter back :)

Some great reviews coming in on the GT430 now !

Black n gold

• Gold FFM

Are they really precisely the same dampers used on the GT4 car? Very impressive if so.

Also I notice they mention an upgraded sat nav, good to see Lotus paying some attention there.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

11 minutes ago, JayEmm said:

Are they really precisely the same dampers used on the GT4 car? Very impressive if so.

Also I notice they mention an upgraded sat nav, good to see Lotus paying some attention there.

You can see the new unit in the Quattroruote video here at 11:04 https://youtu.be/mMxnWTQMUBc?t=11m5s

35 minutes ago, JayEmm said:

Yup - its Alpines latest unit. Clearly we all know that Lotus don't have the resource to develop their own in house.... I agree that its nice to see them trying to keep up with latest fads.

Its worth nothing that this ISNT standard fitment if you choose the sat nav. It certainly wasn't at the time when I placed my order. You can now get 2 levels of infotainment.... the standard Alpine unit... or this upgraded Appleplay version.

https://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/navigation-systems6/ine-w710d

I was quite impressed when I was told that this would be an option so I have specced it on mine :) 

Edited by anthonyyule

• Gold FFM

To be fair very very few manufacturers invest in their own ICE they are almost always farmed out to the likes of Alpine, Sony (Ford for instance) etc.

I believe Alpines are prevalent in Mercedes, albeit Merc will have a hand in the spec, design etc.

I put the Alpine W987D in my Evora 2 years ago and it has been brilliant. Though I only really use it for the satnav and speed  camera alerts if I am honest.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

4 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Tell me this as I’ve been wondering for a while.......if Lotus advise every new owner not to go over 4000 revs until the car has done 1200 Miles (I think those figures are right).....why is it whenever we see new models test driven they’re clearly maxed out from day one? I only ask as surely someone will end up buying these cars at some point down the line...... Seems a bit of a daft question I know, and I appreciate there will be a logical answer but maybe I just need to hear it from someone else to understand.

Great car incidentally and my favour for Fire Red is well documented - love it!B-) 

When I asked the dealer what the break in period for my 400 was they said essentially "Honestly there really isn't one for road use, just don't track it until after the first scheduled service." Now granted the press cars are obviously tracked, so I guess that's the risk you run when buying a demo car, but I assume the demo cars are still covered under warranty.

• Thanks 1

• Gold FFM
13 hours ago, Likuid said:

When I asked the dealer what the break in period for my 400 was they said essentially "Honestly there really isn't one for road use, just don't track it until after the first scheduled service." Now granted the press cars are obviously tracked, so I guess that's the risk you run when buying a demo car, but I assume the demo cars are still covered under warranty.

I guess you didn't read the post from @Bibs where he confirmed that all the press cars are properly run in BEFORE the press get them and maintained on site by a dedicated press fleet support team?

I know most UK dealers are precious with their demo's too and don't let test pilots rag the cars during the run in periods.

Have heard many on here who have bought past press, management and demo cars and not heard many complaints.

4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I guess you didn't read the post from @Bibs where he confirmed that all the press cars are properly run in BEFORE the press get them and maintained on site by a dedicated press fleet support team?

I know most UK dealers are precious with their demo's too and don't let test pilots rag the cars during the run in periods.

Have heard many on here who have bought past press, management and demo cars and not heard many complaints.

I've read lots of debate in the past that with a new engine its in fact better to run hard at the beginning of its life to get everything up to temperature and seat properly. Obviously the first oil change/checkover is important. I doubt there has been actually any proven tests whether its better or not to run gentle for first 1K miles. Who knows?

32 minutes ago, Snoopy1969 said:

From my understanding Lotus uses different oil within the running in period, which is changed to the "regular oil" at the first Service - I have never heard that another manufacturer uses that Procedere

BMW M cars used to (mine did).

• Thanks 1

1.33 on his last lap, not too shabby :)

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Have to say both these cars look tremendous - well done Lotus - I will take mine in original motorsport Green Please - failing that then a nice metallic grey.

Some people are not going to like this but the revisions to the car shown on these 430 itinerations goes to highlight what dogs breakfast the front of the 400 is.

2 hours ago, hopo said:

Some people are not going to like this but the revisions to the car shown on these 430 itinerations goes to highlight what dogs breakfast the front of the 400 is.

Its weird. The only people who tell me my car looks like shit are people on Lotus forums. Go figure.

Edited by Likuid
  • Like 2

• Gold FFM

Lol @Likuid.  I don't think the 400 looks like shit at all.  

I like the S1 as it is just clean and uncluttered in design. The only thing I've never really liked re the 400 is the revised 3 part rear spoiler. The ducktail on the 410 sorted out the design for me and I would happily take a 400 or a 410 with that ducktail and say I had a beautiful car.

• Like 2