free hit
counters
Evora GT430 - Page 54 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
KAS-118

Evora GT430

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The headline price is certainly eye catching <_<

.......................if only :driving:

IMG_0953.thumb.PNG.914ba10ecee9c803f1bb5326bb2e8965.PNG

• Like 1

On 10/12/2017 at 08:36, The Pits said:

I believe 2bular do a quieter exhaust for the Evora, I've driven a 410 with a Quicksilver exhaust which measured 101db at Castle Combe and at least one other company is working on a more track friendly system. The problem is, most people think it takes away a lot of the fun on the road and makes the Evora sound more ordinary.

I find it amusing that the exhaust required for the track has to be quieter than that required for the road.

I don't think Australia has that sort of restriction.

We do, but I've never had a problem. Been to Wakefield several times (heavily policed 90dB drive-by limit between turns 2 & 3) and never set it off.

What is it for? Is it because all the people that live near the track are all complaining about noise?

In a nutshell yes. That said even the local Lotus race cars don't set it off, only my friend's near-straight-pipe Mustang V8 has :)

Oh, and I think the interior of the 430 would have looked so much better with the exposed gearchange.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Trevsked said:

What do you need to do if the car isn't a +2?

Trevor.

Drill rear alum bar that +2 rear center lap belts attach to

5 hours ago, ramjet said:

What is it for? Is it because all the people that live near the track are all complaining about noise?

Yep, usually after they've just moved close by :angry:

22 hours ago, Bibs said:

Congratulations @Mark Allin

22448364_2132303476795649_51568487007546

That is bloody lovely :wub: and I don’t mind admitting I’m dead jealous! I’m sure you will love the car. 

• Like 2

:P

just a quote of a sentence which made me laughing :stuart: :

The GT4 was [mentioned] though, a lot. No, not that one.

• Like 1

I'm smitten by the Sport version... that said I'd like to know if there's a more road focused version around the corner. Same styling, ( the front's finally right IMO ), carbon options if required but less focus on the race tech. I'd add all those softie things too like air con, soundproofing, sat nav, heated seats, I even like the flappy paddle gear change! I'm guessing all of this would defeat the object of a GT4 offshoot, perhaps there's a Evora Series 3 with all the creature comforts, plenty of performance for daily driving.... please? 

I can't help but think that given the looks of these, it makes the 400 look dated. Be nice if they updated the 400 with at least the front end (non carbon) of this. Would be more of a motivation to buy a new 400. As it stands a new 400 doesn't make as much sense these days (including the price hike of late) at least compare to getting a second hand one.

• Like 1

400s look really good value at the moment. If there is a facelift with grp versions of the similar panels and a glass engine cover the price would take a fair hike.  I doubt the Sport 410 would survive a facelift, I can see them axing that. Makes more sense for the 400 facelift to use the 410 engine. They already have the 'Sport 430' essentially.

• Sad 1