free hit
counters
Evora GT430 - Page 55 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Evora GT430

KAS-118

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, pickle said:

Quote from the article: 'If you could spec a Sport 410 with Ohlins TTX dampers and the titanium exhaust you’d get very close to £100k'

I noticed the other day that the dampers have now joined the Ti exhaust on the price list for the 410. Specced up with AC but no stereo I got up to £96300. 

Where is the price list with this on?

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

• Gold FFM

Interesting that the exhaust is no longer user switchable... I had been told by the factory this would be coming but I did not realise so soon

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

• Gold FFM

I believe it is led by regulatory requirements.

As far as I understand it, since the whole emissions scandal, the lawmakers have taken a very dim view of the many "workarounds" to their laws. In this case, the law relating to the volume of a car. Expect Lotus to be forced to redesign the whole exhaust at some point when they eventually change the law to include a greater rev range.

James Martin (JayEmm)

If you ask your dealer prior picking up your 430, it's pretty simple to re-add the switch post-sale :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Removing factory fitted trim is always a receipt for a squeak inducing disaster - but in this case I don’t see what choice there is! I’ll definitely be asking Murray’s to do the same when I get mine..... and at least if they do create a squeak or a rattle I’ll be too busy enjoying my exhaust to care ?

Re the switchable exhaust, I wonder if it will be possible to do what a lot of Aston Martin owners do and simply remove a fuse (no 22 in the case of the Aston), to leave the exhaust valve open all the time. Admittedly it's more of a faff than simply pushing a switch, but does at least allow you to be a hooligan when the mood takes you. :)

Does this only relate to the manual exhaust button, or does it mean that the valves also remain closed when you switch to sport and race if you're below the rev threshold for them automatically opening?

Seems a shame to lose this functionality as it's the only thing drowning out the noise of the bloody transmission at low revs :lol:

• Gold FFM

@pickle the transmission grumble falls under that beloved category of "They all do that sir, except after the first year they suddenly stopped doing it, but yours is definitely meant to sound like a bag of spanners"

Every 410 (and presumably 400 onwards) seems to have solved this issue. Even at the factory they don't seem quite clear how - whether the box was mate inherently quieter, or a bit of extra sound deadening found its way somewhere.

James Martin (JayEmm)

• Gold FFM

@pickle Not at all. They sorted the grumbly transmission presumably as customers grumbled about it. They then ditched the exhaust button because the EU grumbled about it.

Edited by JayEmm

James Martin (JayEmm)

@The Pits many thanks for all the ammazing work! Additional Question (sorry if I should have overread this) Does the red test car has the Sound dead.? If not how would you judge the "Sound / noise leve" compared to the 410 you have driven (which had the Sound dead. if I remember right...)

Thanks. Both cars had the sound deadening. I haven't driven an Evora without it yet so still don't know how bad or good it is without it. GT430 is much more refined than my Exige V6 Cup which didn't have any sound deadening or carpets at all.  However I have a suspicion that an Evora 410 or 430 would be quite fun without the sound deadening, that it might sound and feel a bit more raw and race car like. I just didn't want to take the risk with my own car as it wouldn't be easy or cheap to add back in. 

I have seen some of the sound deadening on the production line and it's mainly foam and cotton wool type stuff so I really don't believe it weighs much. The exhausts are so loud there's no shortage of aural drama.

• Like 2

@The Pits ah, I see - well, my MY 12 S exhaust (esp after some thousand miles), which is substantial louder than than MY 11 and before is (for me) loud enough - from the outside. But I think it would "maybe" nice if you could hear more of the car / mechanical Sounds in general inside. If I remember right the 410 (so 430 also?) has a thinner or a "non double" part (glass) between the passenger and the engine compartment, so that will add noise too?

Should do in theory. The 430 has gone to single perspex rear window but it didn't sound much louder inside compared to the Sport 410 to me. Noise wise they are similar. Equally good that is!

• Thanks 1