free hit
counters
Evora GT430 - Page 56 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
KAS-118

Evora GT430

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

@The Pits many thanks for all the ammazing work! Additional Question (sorry if I should have overread this) Does the red test car has the Sound dead.? If not how would you judge the "Sound / noise leve" compared to the 410 you have driven (which had the Sound dead. if I remember right...)

Thanks. Both cars had the sound deadening. I haven't driven an Evora without it yet so still don't know how bad or good it is without it. GT430 is much more refined than my Exige V6 Cup which didn't have any sound deadening or carpets at all.  However I have a suspicion that an Evora 410 or 430 would be quite fun without the sound deadening, that it might sound and feel a bit more raw and race car like. I just didn't want to take the risk with my own car as it wouldn't be easy or cheap to add back in. 

I have seen some of the sound deadening on the production line and it's mainly foam and cotton wool type stuff so I really don't believe it weighs much. The exhausts are so loud there's no shortage of aural drama.

• Like 2

@The Pits ah, I see - well, my MY 12 S exhaust (esp after some thousand miles), which is substantial louder than than MY 11 and before is (for me) loud enough - from the outside. But I think it would "maybe" nice if you could hear more of the car / mechanical Sounds in general inside. If I remember right the 410 (so 430 also?) has a thinner or a "non double" part (glass) between the passenger and the engine compartment, so that will add noise too?

Should do in theory. The 430 has gone to single perspex rear window but it didn't sound much louder inside compared to the Sport 410 to me. Noise wise they are similar. Equally good that is!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PAR said:

To neutralize the sound deadening, I press a button in the door on the right. Don't you guys use that?

No i don't cause it's on the left for me :P

17 hours ago, DaveC72 said:

iNews review here

Short, but sweet :)

"Now, more of the bodywork is made of carbonfibre than composites. "

And there's me thinking carbon fibre was a composite. :wub:

"By taking out the fat ahead of the rear axle and behind the back one"

Do these journalists actually read the drivel they write? :rtfm:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Pits said:

OK folks, NEWSFLASH!

Lotus have been hugely generous to us and I spent yesterday back at the factory with the GT430 and one of its development engineers.

We will be updating the Driven article shortly with factory input for maximum technical accuracy. The aim is for it to be a definitive in-depth piece on the car.

GT430 is a technical tour de force and deserves nothing less!

I have to decide if I swap my Exige with a GT430. Waiting for your update :)

• Like 1

The anticipation would make me quite giddy. Well done Anthony,.

Still nothing from EVO following the First Drives the other week. I hope it's because they managed to blag one for an extended period and we get an in depth assessment in the next issue. Fingers crossed

• Like 1

made me laugh  :lol:!

" driving it on the road is like turning up at the municipal swimming baths in flippers, dry suit, aqualung and Rolex Submariner."

On 20/10/2017 at 10:25, The Pits said:

OK folks, NEWSFLASH!

Lotus have been hugely generous to us and I spent yesterday back at the factory with the GT430 and one of its development engineers.

We will be updating the Driven article shortly with factory input for maximum technical accuracy. The aim is for it to be a definitive in-depth piece on the car.

GT430 is a technical tour de force and deserves nothing less!

what about this update ? :)