free hit
counters
Evora GT430 - Page 56 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Evora GT430

KAS-118

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
17 hours ago, DaveC72 said:

iNews review here

Short, but sweet :)

"Now, more of the bodywork is made of carbonfibre than composites. "

And there's me thinking carbon fibre was a composite. :wub:

"By taking out the fat ahead of the rear axle and behind the back one"

Do these journalists actually read the drivel they write? :rtfm:

• Haha 1

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

4 hours ago, The Pits said:

OK folks, NEWSFLASH!

Lotus have been hugely generous to us and I spent yesterday back at the factory with the GT430 and one of its development engineers.

We will be updating the Driven article shortly with factory input for maximum technical accuracy. The aim is for it to be a definitive in-depth piece on the car.

GT430 is a technical tour de force and deserves nothing less!

I have to decide if I swap my Exige with a GT430. Waiting for your update :)

• Like 1

The anticipation would make me quite giddy. Well done Anthony,.

Still nothing from EVO following the First Drives the other week. I hope it's because they managed to blag one for an extended period and we get an in depth assessment in the next issue. Fingers crossed

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

made me laugh  :lol:!

" driving it on the road is like turning up at the municipal swimming baths in flippers, dry suit, aqualung and Rolex Submariner."

On 20/10/2017 at 10:25, The Pits said:

OK folks, NEWSFLASH!

Lotus have been hugely generous to us and I spent yesterday back at the factory with the GT430 and one of its development engineers.

We will be updating the Driven article shortly with factory input for maximum technical accuracy. The aim is for it to be a definitive in-depth piece on the car.

GT430 is a technical tour de force and deserves nothing less!

what about this update ? :)

Good news ! don't know if it is because of a lot of continental chaps were moaning or because they finally take in account the change rates, but Lotus Cars modified the price tag for GT430 and GT430 sport  <_< !

here in France, GT430 can be obtained for 146,000€, VAT included, and GT430 Sport for 135,000€ (VAT incl.). they were respectively 152,300 and 140,100 before ...

Still too expensive for me, but it is a good decision from Lotus Cars :animier: !

PS: it will pay a part of the 2018 ecotax : 10,500€ :ph34r: ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, French Frie said:

Good news ! don't know if it is because of a lot of continental chaps were moaning or because they finally take in account the change rates, but Lotus Cars modified the price tag for GT430 and GT430 sport  <_< !

here in France, GT430 can be obtained for 146,000€, VAT included, and GT430 Sport for 135,000€ (VAT incl.). they were respectively 152,300 and 140,100 before ...

Still too expensive for me, but it is a good decision from Lotus Cars :animier: !

PS: it will pay a part of the 2018 ecotax : 10,500€ :ph34r: ...

Euh ça c'est une bonne nouvelle.

I guess there's still room in that new price to generate significant margins. and at 135k that GT430 Sport is now pretty much a steal because this is the price of a  911 GTS partly loaded but it is now under cutting the 911 GT3 touring pack by some 20k before looking at the option list. That price could  help seal deals for some buyers who were on the fence. But I hope people who signed the deal at the initial price tag will get a little something like I don't know an extra set of tires PS CUP 2 with the wheels or free tuition at the French Lotus Driver Academy. 

And  gosh this ecotax is steep. 

Edited by NedaSay

Yep :ph34r:... it was only 2600 in 2012 for the same CO2 value ! And they added an annual tax of 160€, and for 2018, a new tax if the car is rated over 36cv (a fiscal measurement, based on a mix of real bhp (« chevaux », ch), co2 and gears), it will add up to 8,000 €  on the top of that ! FYI, an Exige S is rated 25cv and an Evora 30cv (31cv for the Sport 410) ...

for example, for a McLaren 570S (43cv), you’d pay in 2018 , in Paris : 10,500€ (ecotax) + 8,000€ (Rich tax) + 43x50€ For the registration ... 20,650€ For the first year of registration, added to the 31,500€ of VAT ! It means more than 30% added on the net price of the car :sick: !

Car industry is really the prefered target for those politicians :angry:.’’

PS : now you know why the Citroen 2CV is so called :P !

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1