free hit
counters
Evora GT430 - Page 57 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Evora GT430

KAS-118

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The car is beautiful. I was not sure that the rear wing was well integrated to the car. But in real, it's really good (from my point of view).

But I have noticed some strange things about the design and the finition.

20171025_073008.jpg

20171025_073250.jpg

I don't like the mix of carbon and block gloss part :

20171025_072906.jpg

20171025_073307.jpg

I don't like the button for tc control, I prefer the exige version.

The seats are really good, much more confortable that the default one.

Indeed It would be great to have something to protect the front splitter like with the 380 cup.

• Like 1

White certainly shows the Carbon of, looks amazing, the use of new materials inside looks great with the perforated leather, seats look great with the Carbon backs. Well done Lotus.

Looks amazing, but man seems they really missed the boat not putting carbon in the side scoop tunnels. That plus no carbon on the engine vent are only two places where carbon should have also been used IMO. Also is HethelSport ever going to make a carbon "hood" in this style where the windshield wiper fluid is?

• Gold FFM

Yes the contrast clash between carbon & gloss black painted parts looks even more obvious on a white car.

But still nice overall.........very very nice. :thumbup:

18 hours ago, NedaSay said:

Euh ça c'est une bonne nouvelle.

I guess there's still room in that new price to generate significant margins. and at 135k that GT430 Sport is now pretty much a steal because this is the price of a  911 GTS partly loaded but it is now under cutting the 911 GT3 touring pack by some 20k before looking at the option list. That price could  help seal deals for some buyers who were on the fence. But I hope people who signed the deal at the initial price tag will get a little something like I don't know an extra set of tires PS CUP 2 with the wheels or free tuition at the French Lotus Driver Academy. 

And  gosh this ecotax is steep. 

Agree but Lotus would need to extend their commercial communication in France. I think a lot of those potential buyers do not even know Lotus is doing something else than the Elise...

And please, don't talk about the ecotaxe... I'm still crying about it :cry:

The white GT430 is stunning !!! B-)

Edited by rallyesax

27 minutes ago, Likuid said:

Looks amazing, but man seems they really missed the boat not putting carbon in the side scoop tunnels. That plus no carbon on the engine vent are only two places where carbon should have also been used IMO. Also is HethelSport ever going to make a carbon "hood" in this style where the windshield wiper fluid is?

21 minutes ago, blindside said:

Yes the contrast clash between carbon & gloss black painted parts looks even more obvious on a white car.

But still nice overall.........very very nice. :thumbup:

agree and agree.

is there any aftermarket carbon part for the engine vent ?

You can get the GT4 style side scoops in carbon. However the side scoop tunnels on the 400+ (to my knowledge) are bonded to that rear fender body panel. So if someone wanted them to be carbon my only guess is that you would need to somehow de-bond it from the side panel and rebond carbon ones, which may not be possible (no idea). Or someone would have to make an after market fender and side sccop tunnel themselves. I doubt there would be enough interest to get that in-depth with it just for carbon for those tunnels. Maybe it would be possible to do some carbon inlays? Yeah its kind of faking it, but at least it would match rest of the car if you were carboning it out. I know they have carbon wrap as well, not sure if that would work.

First draft of the 2.0 piece is done. It will be run past Lotus for technical accuracy which may take a few days but I'm sure you all see the value of doing this.

Until then:

3 word review: By heavens yes!

2 word review: Hell yes!

1 word review: Buy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Pits said:

First draft of the 2.0 piece is done. It will be run past Lotus for technical accuracy which may take a few days but I'm sure you all see the value of doing this.

Until then:

3 word review: By heavens yes!

2 word review: Hell yes!

1 word review: Buy.

This is literally killing me.

23 minutes ago, geartox said:

As owner of an Exige, my question now is how this evora will be on track comparing to the Exige. Without testing it, hard to really know.

Read the reviews..... I believe the GT430 will literally destroy a standard Exige (up to but not including 380 variant). Hell, its allegedly quicker around Hethel than the road going 311.  

Jonny's updated review will be exactly what you're after :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.