free hit
counters
Evora GT430 - Page 68 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
KAS-118

Evora GT430

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

@Snoopy1969  

it sure was, the highlight was the classic team lotus tour, the welcome you get, the passion shared, and the sheer scale of their knowledge is fantastic..

it surely is a must do...   and highly recommended..

i may have described that really cool evora colour a little off,  as it was nothing like that picture you have provided, i have scoured the internet, and i think ive found an almost perfect match from my memory..

it was a flat colour with depth  , like historic sportscars, non metallic  add lovely carbon detailed bits/ for the  roof / spliiter, black gloss wheels with red brake calipers  to this attachment  and were pretty bang on..

one things for sure, we were up close to it, like standing right next to it, so could get a really good walk around. we all agreed it was stunning..  such a Curvaceous car, that really does take your breath away..

trans-2.jpg

Edited by andyj007

@andyj007 many thanks for clarification - I am sure that that Color suits the lines of the Lotus in an amazing way! There are Colors - in my view esp solid Colors - that suit the "curves" in a "better way" than on "normal" cars!

@The Pits many thanks - that Looks amazing! (although my Point of view might be less relevant after the Color I have choosen for my car has been deleted .....I think because nearly no one ordered it ;-) ...)

20 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Must have been this then. Olive Green.

DNqBfYWWkAAKUAc.jpg

yes!....   looks spot on..

Edited by andyj007

2 hours ago, anthonyyule said:

:):):) 

GT1.jpg

GT2.jpg

Gorgeous indeed...congrats! Hoping to show you my order soon. 

Anthony can you please tell me where to get the Exhaust bypass button  installed again, like on my 400?

And will the Exhaust Valve open immediately when we put the 430 in Sport or Race modes? At any rpm? Or did they change that too?

@Hakim0v the exhaust valve is now ecu controlled to open at 4500rpm in all modes. It's very simple to get the manual exhaust button to work apparently. Will let you know if I'm successful when I try it on mine.

I don't believe it's possible to keep the exhaust quiet over 4500rpm though, the ecu will over-ride that as the car needs to breathe more freely above those rpms.

Like I have already said on the Cup Facebook group, it looks amazing, happy for you Tony, can not wait to see some more pics.

Really need a head to head with a GT3 to cement the comments made by Lotus.

"It's the fastest lotus around Hethel" doesnt mean much when no other car is taken around that track. 

30 minutes ago, ozrs said:

"It's the fastest lotus around Hethel" doesnt mean much when no other car is taken around that track. 

Opera Snapshot_2017-12-11_110718_www.youtube.com.png

• Like 1

Only two things wrong with that video @Bibs that will be pointed out to us:

1. It's not the Nordschleiffe so the track does not count as it's not relevant

2. Porsche did not get the chance to fettle the 911 to ensure it won

Other than that, a great video.

It's not the fastest Lotus around Hethel, the Exige Cup 430 has gone faster.

I'd love to see an honest test with a 991 GT3 but I suspect most journalists would consider it a foregone conclusion in favour of Porsche. The GT430 ought not to get anywhere near the GT3 with 70bhp less. Outright grip must be similar, they use the same tyres (GT3's are slightly wider at the back) it does weigh over 130kg less and has twice the downforce but I doubt that would be enough, the new GT3 is setting outrageous laptimes everywhere it goes.

However, with some experience of the Evora Sport 410 around Castle Combe I'm confident a 1.15 something is possible in capable hands. Lotus claim the GT430 is 2.4 seconds quicker around Hethel so a 1.12 something should be achievable. To back that up I've experienced 1.12 laps in the passenger seat of a 311 so it should crack into the 1.11s without my 95kg ballast. If the GT430 really is even quicker than the 311 then its Castle Combe laptime could potentially be something special. Autocar just set a time in the new GT3 around Castle Combe for a recent feature. It was staggeringly quick, somehow only 3 tenths slower than the ludicrous McLaren 720S. The time was a 1.11.9....

The GT430 could well be a car you underestimate at your peril.

No-one out there, not many in here too, gives the GT430 a chance against a GT3. If it really can deliver on Lotus's claims then the best marketing they could ever do would be to get Gavan Kershaw out there and set some laptimes.

• Like 1