free hit
counters
Evora GT430 - Page 69 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
KAS-118

Evora GT430

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Great Reg plate Tony and yes let's not forget the car, amazing 

Your TLF car cover should arrive tomorrow @anthonyyule :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

suddenly everything you need around the house will be, as far as the Wife is concerned, “probably in the garage” 

back in a second you will say and she will find you many hours later just staring at that gorgeous car!

• Like 2

Some stunning pictures of some stunning cars here.

I too would love to see more FAIR comparisons of a Lotus (either Exige or Evora) against a Porsche/Aston and the new TVR when it comes out, at relatively "neutral" ground.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

6 hours ago, Snoopy1969 said:

Lovely green, is that the olive green showed by @The Pits earlier in this thread on an exige? This color is a nice contrat to the black carbon parts in my eyes

looks like the shade i sotted being built a couple of weeks back  so id say yes

• Like 1

I'm not in the market BUT... I spotted a couple of Lotus dealers offering 430 build slots offered on Pistonheads, it got me wondering whether most dealers secured their own slot as opposed to waiting for firm customer orders? Either way they're a good opportunity for someone.

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

I wasnt really a fan of the big wing but have to say its grown on me. Although I do think they should do something with the built in body wing when using the big one as the design looks a bit cluttered with both on at the same time.

Ive seen the 0-60 times but I like to look at the 0-100mph times as you can see much more. Anyone knows the 0-100mph for these cars?

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

• Thanks 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

8.7 isn't particularly quick these days unfortunately, good job it sticks to the tarmac well then.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

O - whatever mph is pretty irrelevant imho. In gear times and 30 - 70 (or 70 - 120) are far more relevant for road (and track). The rest is bar stool BS :ph34r:

• Like 2

I don't believe anyone would buy an Evora GT430, or any Lotus for that matter, based on straight line performance. You can always go faster for less money in straight line if that's your thing.

• Like 2

As long as this does not take us back to 'ring times being all important for some ;)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Serious praise from American motoring press, too. Enjoy, you lucky bastards! :wub:

If I drive one Lotus in a year, that car pretty much automatically makes it on my list of favorites. But the Evora GT430 isn't just my favorite car I've driven this year, it might be the favorite I've driven any year. It's better and more characterful than a 911 GT3, plus it's the rare car that talks to you and wants you involved in the experience. 

One of the greats.

- Travis Okulski, Site Director

Road and Track’s Favorite Cars of 2017

• Like 1

Imagine the cries of jingoism and bias if s Britis journalist wrote that. None would dare to over here, even if that was their opinion. Nice to read all the same, I’d love to see the car do well in the US, they’ve been denied too many of the more exciting recent Lotus cars over there. I’m hoping the GT430 will start to make up for that. Seems like there’s more respect and admiration for the Lotus brand over there.

• Like 2

Totally agree @The Pits. The US seem to be less "stuck up" and admire the brand. Even a small amount of success in the US will make a tremendous difference to Lotus. The US also has some fine open, non busy roads to enjoy Lotus trade mark handling on too and some wonderful scenic photo opportunities.

Jeez, you even get flamed on here for supporting the brand against some others :blobfire::driving::harhar: