free hit
counters
Evora GT430 - Page 78 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
KAS-118

Evora GT430

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Should probably be in the TLF GT430 Club thread really but my word seeing two together was some sight. Some incredible (and very valuable) cars at Hoffman’s but I wouldn’t swap my GT430 for any of them.

Wow that is a unicorn meeting. We still don't know when these will make their way across the Atlantic, sadly!

I was dropping off the VX220SC at Craig Moncreiff's yesterday to get her ready for this years Hoon's and track days so took the opportunity to call in to Murray lotus in Edinburgh to see the Burnt Orange GT430.   

I can see how the colour might be a bit marmite, however, boy oh boy, does that GT430 look like something else in the flesh. Absolute stunning piece of kit and a real weapon.  The spec of the Murray's car is superb and the orange stitching really subtle and classy.  The car just looks immense. The quality of the carbon is superb. I mean, really superb.  I don't have OCD so found the fact that the carbon wing does not have the "herringbone" split in the centre a minor annoyance, someone with OCD would I suspect go apoplectic about that!

The car just looks so right. i thought the little plastic lip on the rear wheel arches would look shit as per the pictures I had seen - in truth and reality, it does not at all and is perfectly in keeping and almost unoticeable.

After a really thorough look around the "only" niggle I had was with the front wheel arches - i thought when you got down on your hands and knees and looked inside the wheel arch that the finish of the body around the "a pillar indent" on the inside (so not really visible) looked a bit rough and unfinished.  I kid you not, that was the ONLY fault/niggle/nitpick I could really find on the whole car!

I'll never spend £120k on a car - however, I can honestly say that if I was to spend £120k on a car I would not have any hesitation in buying a GT430.  It has presence, fit, finish and style to match anything in its price range. It looks every bit the exclusive exotic it is, and yet, being a Lotus, it was built to be driven hard and to take it. To me, that is really what is remarkable about the GT430.  The fact that it was built with the EXPECTATIOn that someone who loves driving for the sake of driving would drive and wring it's bloody neck on road and track.  Yes, you could have a McLaren for another £25k, but the McLaren would cost a small fortune to run hard and you'd be shitting yourself about the depreciation and the servicing bills.  Lotus builds fast accessible cars with the aim that they will be driven and driven hard. These days, Ferrari's, McLaren's and the GT Porsche's are all about the bragging rights of ownership as opposed to the joy of using them for the majority of owners.

I started out looking the Burnt Orange GT430 thinking, yeeeewwwww, marmite. After 15 minutes of walking around, drinking it all in, taking in the details and the neat little touches. Well, for the first time in my life, I found myself actually liking marmite.

That is one mighty fine, usable, gorgeous, street weapon that Murray's have there.  Stunning. Simply stunning.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

On 22/02/2018 at 23:19, The Pits said:

Should probably be in the TLF GT430 Club thread really but my word seeing two together was some sight. Some incredible (and very valuable) cars at Hoffman’s but I wouldn’t swap my GT430 for any of them.

so it was you in hofmanns! I was in there at the same time as you, and I thought I recognised you from your videos... your car is stunning.  I was the chap driving away from Hofmanns in the MSG evora 400 when you passed.  Its amazing what a different looking beast the 430 is to the 400.  Its almost like a totally different car! All the little details are fantastic.  I really hope one day to get behind the wheel of one, although I must admit I was having a really close look at the Aston Martin v12 vantage s manual (the one with the dog leg gearbox) that hofmanns had in their showroom.  There is something about that car! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cypriot said:

I was having a really close look at the Aston Martin v12 vantage s manual (the one with the dog leg gearbox) that hofmanns had in their showroom.  There is something about that car! 

Yup. It's not a Lotus! ;)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

I've just been looking online at that Burnt Orange 430 in Murrays. My oh my, that is a very handsome car they have there. :wub:

Second that and @C8RKH comments and observations. Dropped my Volvo off for service on Friday and had a good nosey round it (the GT430, not my Volvo.....). It really does look like it means business. The colour and the carbon contrast work really well together. It did have a 'Do Not Touch' sign on the dash - apparently there is a buyer in the offing............;)

25 minutes ago, hedgerley said:

Second that and @C8RKH comments and observations. Dropped my Volvo off for service on Friday and had a good nosey round it (the GT430, not my Volvo.....). It really does look like it means business. The colour and the carbon contrast work really well together. It did have a 'Do Not Touch' sign on the dash - apparently there is a buyer in the offing............;)

2 in Scotland then? 

I’d rather have the comfy seats though - just saying :) 

I bet that will be @adfer to go with his GTE and others. Would not surprise me. It really is a beautiful car in the flesh.

I actually would not have the Sparco seats, I really like the carbon ones. But that's good, everyone is different.

3 hours ago, anthonyyule said:

2 in Scotland then? 

I’d rather have the comfy seats though - just saying :) 

I agree.  Sparcos would be a must for me.  I love them in the 400

If you going to have a car that's stands out in a crowd, have a strong colour, for me Murrays Burnt Orange is the best looking 430 so far, looks stunning.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

If you going to have a car that's stands out in a crowd, have a strong colour, for me Murrays Burnt Orange is the best looking 430 so far, looks stunning.

You see... I always always believed that until I saw the Press Car at the factory and then I released that the GT has such presence that it just doesn’t need a strong colour. Just my 2c worth 

12 minutes ago, anthonyyule said:

You see... I always always believed that until I saw the Press Car at the factory and then I released that the GT has such presence that it just doesn’t need a strong colour. Just my 2c worth 

May not ‘need’ it but doesn’t half suit it well. :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, anthonyyule said:

Fair point Tony, not saying any look bad far from it they all look great and with you just coming from Kawasaki Green, you no what a strong colour is lol. But I do like the Burnt Orange and before you fall out with me Essex blue as well lol.

B47AD83B-C40B-45F3-9F2C-0942056B3D89.jpeg.0304684e4cf8aa894eb0776e67b56ee8.jpeg

Couldn’t resist posting it. I too love the Essex Blue and could easily spec that as the preferred colour, but the Burnt Orange is just soooo beautiful! I really do love it, ever since I specced my old Elise SC in the colour. 

• Like 1

We photoshopped just about the whole colour spectrum and decided that there wasn’t a bad choice. It boils down to how much contrast you want to the carbon panels. Stealthy Grey to have it all blend in, Military Grey for good blend with subtle contrast, Black for inverse contrast (the carbon panels become the lighter ones), take your pick from there. I wouldn’t normally go for a solid colour on a Lotus but Olive Green works spectacularly well, better than I thought it would. Love the pictures of the white one too personally.

Haven’t seen BO in real life but you do ‘lose’ the front splitter with such a bright colour.

34 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

Fair point Tony, not saying any look bad far from it they all look great and with you just coming from Kawasaki Green, you no what a strong colour is lol. But I do like the Burnt Orange and before you fall out with me Essex blue as well lol.

lol - in fairness I was quite committed to getting Kawasaki but I did also want something which I could “just about turn up to work in” and I wouldn’t be called a buerk. So for me I let the body kit do the talking this time and went subtle on the colour.... that was my reasoning anyway.... and then when I collected the car from Murray’s and released how big the rear wing was I quickly decided that I would never take it to work for said previous reasons ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Spinney said:

B47AD83B-C40B-45F3-9F2C-0942056B3D89.jpeg.0304684e4cf8aa894eb0776e67b56ee8.jpeg

Couldn’t resist posting it. I too love the Essex Blue and could easily spec that as the preferred colour, but the Burnt Orange is just soooo beautiful! I really do love it, ever since I specced my old Elise SC in the colour. 

Burnt Orange stunning colour for the Elise and S2 Exige and now for the 430, could not agree with you more, when the sun catches it it just transforms the shape of the car, as your picture shows with the sun bouncing off the front clam, showing all its curves of to its best, stunning Colour on a stunning car.

You want color on the GT430?

Look at that in Australia :o

FB_IMG_1519763669472.jpg

FB_IMG_1519763654677.jpg

• Like 2

Why be classic when you can be unique

I'm trying to find more, it look awesome.

But can't find for the moment.

PS: it's not my car

• Like 1

Wow ,yes more pics please, lotus are turning out some works of art the moment.

Like all the Lotus, this GT430 is good looking with flashy colors :wub:

I'm so impatient to can show you something I'm thinking will be so nice :ph34r:

• Like 1