free hit
counters
Evora GT430 - Page 82 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
KAS-118

Evora GT430

Hmmm. Definitely feeling your pain...

I'll give you £3.50 and a packet of walkers for it. Any flavour, your choice. Can't say fairer than that. I'm cutting my own throat here. The thing is basically worthless now. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
50 minutes ago, anthonyyule said:

Lotus have just confirmed that they won’t stand by this. If I want DAB to work I have to pay for the appropriate upgrades myself. 

Totally fed and up and jaded with the whole situation. They really are a total shower if sh!t to deal with.

I'd insist that they take out the radio, have it back and give you the cash you paid for it. I'm soooooo disapointed by this as I have always been a fan of Lotus' doing the right thing.  Damn, I even have DAB working on my S1 Evora so it can work.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Exactly, I had DAB in my S1 too. I even gave the part number for the aerial but not sure why Lotus won’t take it on.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

just as we all thought things where getting better at Lotus with the new owners coming on board and what you would think making improvements on customer care, it then go's and treats one of its biggest customers like this, shocking decision.   totally out of order, feel you pain Tony😡

Good to hear the dealer has put his hands in his pockets and sorted out a Lotus issue,

however it is sad to hear (your version) of the Lotus response especially as we have had good responses when previously dealing with Neil.

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Re the pics, have you tried this?

Select gallery at the top of the page.

Select add images

Select members gallery from Category

8 minutes ago, DarrylV8 said:

Good to hear the dealer has put his hands in his pockets and sorted out a Lotus issue,

however it is sad to hear (your version) of the Lotus response especially as we have had good responses when previously dealing with Neil.

It's not a version. It's the response he has had.

1 hour ago, anthonyyule said:

(and will post up pics of my adventures soon if I can ever work out how to delete old pics to free up space on my account!).

His Royal Bibsness has decreed that you can’t delete images from your account (so that older threads are ruined by multiple ‘placeholders’). 

However, for a very small fee, you can upgrade to a Full Forum Membership and then receive more storage than you will know what to do with. :thumbup: 

(Same for you, @Bruss!)

Dab is good in my van - my mate has the same van - and his is crap.

dab does seem to be a bit fickle 

Only here once

16 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

His Royal Bibsness has decreed that you can’t delete images from your account (so that older threads are ruined by multiple ‘placeholders’). 

However, for a very small fee, you can upgrade to a Full Forum Membership and then receive more storage than you will know what to do with. :thumbup: 

(Same for you, @Bruss!)

Pay for something?  Are you mad.  :rolleyes:

You really couldn't make it up... poor show lotus, poor show.

Sorry, but what in the hell has 'fairness to other GT430 owners' got to do with it? Any 430 owner that ticked that option box on the order sheet will be suffering from the same problems no doubt. Those who didn't order it won't be affected by what or how lotus choose to sort it out and those that did are (which from the response above looks like they've simply washed their hands of it).. So in 'fairness' to all parties that ticked that option they should just sort it out, especially if like you say it's a 3k tick box.

How many people are going to tick that box on the options list after reading this thread? None, that's how many.

If you do want it anyone - pop round to see me.

ill throw in the dab antenna and fit the stereo for £2900 all in 👍

• Like 1

Only here once

1 hour ago, Bruss said:

It's not a version. It's the response he has had.

Paul

All I have stated is it is Anthony’s side of a conversation between Anthony and Lotus cars

I wouldn’t be able to quote Anthony’s side of a conversation in a British court as this would be seen as hearsay

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

It is ultimately the dealer’s responsibilty as they sold the car. The sale contract is between the dealer (not Lotus) and Yule. 

Edited by SFO

19 minutes ago, DarrylV8 said:

Paul

All I have stated is it is Anthony’s side of a conversation between Anthony and Lotus cars

I wouldn’t be able to quote Anthony’s side of a conversation in a British court as this would be seen as hearsay

I’ve got it all documented. Don’t worry about that 👍

i wouldn’t trust Neil with a packet of balloons tbh. 

20 minutes ago, DarrylV8 said:

Paul

Yes, but this is a car forum not a court. Either Lotus supplied a car with a dab radio without a dab aerial, or Anthony is lying. I know who I believe and I've never met the man.

• Like 1

The thing is it’s the age old story at Lotus.

sales do not talk to manufacturing who don’t talk to warranty.

sales promoted a new product to me which I liked and decided to purchase for a premium. Manufacturing were not consulted and therefore didn’t have a DAB solution and warranty were left none the wiser. 

Now I can’t be sure that this is the truth - but it seems plausible - and Neil had been left holding the baby for something which I was charged for.

id rather they had just told me this - rather than the constant direction changes and body swerves.

nevermind. Onwards. Off to collect my new T8 XC90.... let’s hope Geely have their shit together with it .

• Like 2

Wow, i cannot believe the response Lotus gave about the DAB aerial..

I cant cant even begin to comprehend how they even came to the decision to not want to help / sort...

The only reason i can possibly imagine is that there is just no money!   and perhaps next week there will be some sort of filing for insolvency..

why else would you not want to sort  an easy cheap problem out  on one  of your top end models .. totally bonkers....   these guys must be out of touch with reality buy some margin..

just his week out of the blue  ive had a  quote sent to me on a new 70 anniversary edition exige...it got me thinking, im 80% there with proceeding but   this has made me so annoyed,  and now has me questioning if i actually want to offload a significant amount of cash to company who doesnt give a single  stuff about its customers..

good god in heaven im totally shocked...  that is just wrong..

PS kudos to the dealer tho

Edited by andyj007
  • Like 1

On the DAB topic, it's looks as though Lotus are now trying to mirror JLR customer service levels :angry:

Believe me, I've experienced a few of those over the last few years, enough for me to ditch my latest LR early and take my business elsewhere along with quite a few others I know. Hopefully Lotus will sort this out, they can little afford repeat customers ditching brand loyalty in a way that JLR appear to be able to do.

Not  that I'm suggesting that one occurrence will result in a mass exodus of people from Lotus, but they may wish to keep in mind that they can little afford to emulate JLR's contempt for customers

• Like 1

On a brighter note😀 I was fortunate to get a test drive in a 430 Evora from Silverstone this morning, I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I was completely bowled over,  the finish looked exceptional, and the suspension......on really poor roads it was never anything but composed and compliant, I thought the 400 was good but this just takes things to another level.

Just off to check if I can find 60k down the back of the sofa😀

The suspension is the highlight of the new 430, no doubt. I'd love to try it in a softer setting.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

For me it was perfectly judged, the test route took in some really poor road surfaces and it dealt with them very impressively, absorbing it all without feeling harshness through the chassis.

On the road for me it was setup a bit too firm, but of course the beauty of being adjustable means you could fix that. The pay off was the most direct and delicious steering.

I can see why @The Pits loves it - it is the most "Exige-like" of the Evoras, without sacrificing too much of what makes the Evora great

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Just to add that Neil Turner has always been helpful when I have contacted him, usually by email.

And any problems have always been solved to my satisfaction.

So I am very surprised that a DAB aerial was not fitted at a cost to Lotus and I am very surprised that Neil Turner was not able to help.

Well done to the dealer.

Have you thought of writing a letter of complaint to the CEO?

• Like 1