free hit
counters
Evora GT430 - Page 83 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
KAS-118

Evora GT430

2 hours ago, JayEmm said:

On the road for me it was setup a bit too firm, but of course the beauty of being adjustable means you could fix that. The pay off was the most direct and delicious steering.

I can see why @The Pits loves it - it is the most "Exige-like" of the Evoras, without sacrificing too much of what makes the Evora great

That's why suspension is such a subjective subject, it really is a case of trying it for yourself.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hahahahaha. Ouch

i can guarantee that if it comes with DAB stereo that the DAB winnae work 😂

but the rest of the car will be awesome 😎

Anthony Ive only just caught up on your issue today. I would be so freaking mad. I would have had my forms submitted to the small claims court by now.

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

3 hours ago, anthonyyule said:

Hahahahaha. Ouch

i can guarantee that if it comes with DAB stereo that the DAB winnae work 😂

but the rest of the car will be awesome 😎

I’ve just sent you a PM

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Thanks Scotty.  He makes a powerful case.  Owners of this car will be laughing in ten years so it really doesn't matter what gets prognosticated in the short term.  I flip back and forth regarding my own feelings but part of that is being in the USA which is a different world again compared to England.  I'd heard they weren't coming here so news they will be was welcomed.  I'd bitterly predicted they would never get here so I hope I'm wrong and I hope they don't neuter the motor as they had to do to get 410s here in reasonable time.  

This paragraph struck me as important because Lotus' tuning in this respect is excellent.  I never feel the TC intrude even when I know it has to be working and of course mine has just the standard Evora TC.  

The Evora has three drive modes: tour, sport, and race. Each acts as you’d expect, using the brakes to cut power in varying degrees when slip is detected from the rear end. However, holding down the race-mode button for a couple seconds turns off ESP and gets you into the Evora’s six-way adjustable traction control. Now, instead of using the brakes, it will cut spark to allow one, three, six, nine, or 12 percent of slip from the rear tires. The sixth mode turns everything off.

This is professional-grade race-car stuff. It’s magic. Every serious track car deserves a system like this. Unlike ordinary traction-control systems, which can be abrupt and jarring when they decide to intervene, this works seamlessly in the background to make you faster.

So there's some money right there. 

• Like 2

'17 Evora 400 MT 

Central lotus new 430, down for a 30min drive next Saturday with Scott Walker, looking forward to it.

IMG_0055.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, anthonyyule said:

Serious test drive Scotty? Possibly a new owner? 

I wish Tony, but you never know, will let you know how I get on.

Less than 18 and a half hours until the drive..........

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Wow congrats, major news! A truly special car. We look forward to welcoming you into the TLF GT430 Club! :thumbup:

I had the good fortune to enjoy a quick drive today. It's a real privilege to have access to one of these. I seriously haven't driven anything that turns-in quite like it.

Can't get enough of it. I've had to increase my mileage allowance with the insurance company already!

Any clues about your spec or will you keep us dangling?

Fire away with any questions you might have on here or by pm if you prefer.

:cheers:

1 hour ago, anthonyyule said:

my DAB is working now too! 

Did they tell you what they did to get it working?

Congrats Darryl, very special cars.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Congratulations @DarrylV8 :animier:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

15 hours ago, The Pits said:

Wow congrats, major news! A truly special car. We look forward to welcoming you into the TLF GT430 Club! :thumbup:

I had the good fortune to enjoy a quick drive today. It's a real privilege to have access to one of these. I seriously haven't driven anything that turns-in quite like it.

Can't get enough of it. I've had to increase my mileage allowance with the insurance company already!

Any clues about your spec or will you keep us dangling?

Fire away with any questions you might have on here or by pm if you prefer.

:cheers:

Jonny, firstly i’ll Get the excuses out of the way you may recall I asked you to do a photo shot green GT430 and my original plan changed for Kawasaki green however Sue was not happy for such a stand out car colour and large rear wing.

the compromise being a yellow GT430 Sport 

• Like 2

Darryl & Sue

Will be sensational. Another Fire Salamander! Also the first UK GT430 Sport to my knowledge.

Just spent 3 hours in mine today. You're in for a serious treat!

Wow! The picture says it all. Exceptional.