free hit
counters
Evora GT430 - Page 90 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my new Evora GT 430 with special painting ( Gold Leaf) by hethel factory. The car is waiting for me at Komo Tec Germany. You can see the car this weekend in the KOMO-TEC Box in Nürburg /N

Thanks @Bibs and all.   What a feeling.  And it will be the only time in my life I am customer #1!   More pics and thoughts to follow.  But I can say this is a special car, very special. 

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Slightly off topic but sort of relevant....chap I know had a new 911 turbo s,tracks it.had a sevice,few other bits done ,that’s 5 grand please sir ,ok pays the bill.oh could you also change the battery in the remote please it’s playing up.no problem sir....£3.90 please.

hes had 18 Porsche’s .......sold it within a week and won’t be going back....ever!

• Love 1
  • Confused 1

@Ali tuck

Sorry but how is this relevant?

Lotus are OK because they sink to Porsche levels of service?

or buyers will ditch a company for the smallest of things even if they have previously been loyal?

Either way it suggests Lotus need to up their game.

I'd absolutely love a 430, the wing is mental along with the other amazing details, every time I'm at B&C I can't help having a good look.

I'm really tempted to upgrade the 400 but I'm also curious what's coming up in 2019-2020.

44 minutes ago, The Pits said:

:2guns:

....with friends like you Trevor....

Was a joke hence the smiley. Nobody has told me yet if Lotus has a customer relations/retention department. I've had a couple of cars and dealt with various departments but don't ever remember being contacted by such department. @bibs.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

8 minutes ago, Ali tuck said:

Bruss...it’s not really but reading the threads reminded me of that story which I thought I would share as amusement 

Apologies, it's just my humour quotient is low when I see Lotus continue to get so much right and then screw it up. I have to stop caring 🙂

• Like 1

Neil Turner is 'Customer Service & Warranty Manager' last time I checked his email sig. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It is certainly quite disturbing to see so much praise for a car alongside so much criticism of the manufacture but why has there been no comments from anyone at Lotus or any of their dealers, are they all afraid of JMG

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

I was thinking earlier. If I had the money, and I truly believed the GT430 was going to be the ultimate evolution of the Evora, I'd probably be tempted. The Evora is going to represent a very important piece of Lotus history, I've no doubt all of the current range do.

Sadly, I just can't help but think I'd go and buy one then five minutes later the "final final last honest we mean it this time" edition would come out. See Cup 430 + Type 25. Etc.

As a piece of engineering to behold though, dear Lord the GT430 is something special, and the 400 is pretty much already at supercar levels of desirability anyway.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

My Mum told me, if I couldn't say something good about someone then say nothing, so all I will say is that the Customer Service and Warranty managers job is to 

manage, in the interests of the company, the customer service and warranty claims.  Mr Turner does a good job on behalf of the company. JMG wasn't always there and this isn't a new problem. 

Edited by Bruss

Nigel, your experience does mirror that of most Lotus owners I think. There are many extremely helpful and passionate people related to the brand, and working for them or with them - Scott as you say, Jamie at B&C, our very own Bibs to name a few.

It's just a shame there are a number of others in positions of power who seem to do their best to be counter-productive.

I hope Lotus management begin to see the light soon, perhaps they will under Geely, and realise that sometimes SPENDING a little extra (time and money) can actually be of great reward!

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

I'm on my 9th lotus now, my third was a new s2 else in 2001/2. Then as now, many customization options were not available on the earlier cars. I wanted azure blue, the factory refused.  So I told the dealer to cancel my order and I was about to walk away. In the end, a black car was ordered and the dealer stripped it and re painted it, I also had some other stuff done including a re- trim, coloured belts etc. So it's nothing new unfortunately. The 430's are a great car but for me it's not worth the cost to change. 

Gav 

A lawyer would interprete the Statement

"Just 60 editions are planned for worldwide markets (only 6 vehicles for the UK). The Evora GT430 is
available to order now with a non-refundable £12,000 including VAT deposit.
Regards
Lotus Marketing Team"

that way that "planned" does not mean "are build"

........;-)

But of course I can understand all the complaints about different speccs / "possible ..non possible...no way possible....etc.

I got the Impression that the biggest conplaint is the "take no care" - issue of the loyal / or at least existing customers. Well, as the market for Sport cars is going down in General in my view Lotus should fight for every customer. The - maybe "strategy" "we will get new, even better customers" by charging a lot more for the more or less same car since 9 years might be debatable.......    

• Gold FFM

I would read that as 60 are planned - so yes plans can change. However "(only 6 vehicles for the UK)" is a definitive/absolute statement is it not as that is not 6 planned vehicles for the UK?

But yes, in general, i think people are pissed off that they were told they could not do something/have something and then Lotus have given it to others.

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

All sounds similar to the thread on PH about 675LT Coupe owners getting upset when McLaren then released a Spyder version, after telling many Coupe owners they wouldn’t. 

• Like 2

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501