free hit
counters
Evora GT430 - Page 97 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
KAS-118

Evora GT430

how much of the GT430's advantage was due to the Ohlins TTX dampers? I wonder how the 410 would perform with the Ohlins TTX option at £5500

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Wow. What a difference that a few incremental changes make. :thumbup:

(No mention of the lap time(s) though and I don’t currently have a stopwatch to hand, I’m afraid). 

Wait a second can i ask for a head count? how many 430's GT and GT Sport are roaming the British country lanes I'm under the impression that the initial allocation has been reached and then forgotten... or was it a MY allocation?  

Not sure how many are roaming the British country lanes, but I know one thing it's been a great success after everyone where up in arms saying Lotus will never sell a car at over 100k, well done Lotus and now the departed JMG. 

• Like 2

My feeling is the allocation has been forgotten completely. Last count I think 26 UK cars and rising.

Trevor.

• Like 1

I'll get around to it at some point.

https://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/lotus-cars-news/lotus-evora-gt430/

• Just 60 editions planned for worldwide markets

• Haha 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Same old moaners, knocking a lotus success story.

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

The key here is the term "Planned". That is a pretty loose term in no way does it set things in stone.  If there are 26 uk  430 cars it means they have exceeded the initial uk only allocation that was 6 cars (then 10?) anyway. We know of a few 430s on the continent and they have now reached the pacific. JMG said that Lotus will focus its efforts on the US for the rest of the year so we can only hope that it means that North America will finally get their hands on the 430s. My 2 cents is the more 430s the better.

But uh just to be clear ... if a carbon fibre wheelset is coming soon (see Bibs piece on JMG's departure),  this would mean that a new top spec variant may also be introduced soon (before year's end) as I don't think Lotus would just announce a carbon wheel on its own. So Lotus Evora xxxGT? Anyone? 

When I was last at the factory, a number of 430s in a very striking green were being assembled, bound for Italy. Must have been three or four at least.

I wonder if Japan took many? I know it is traditionally a strong market for Lotus but I think they prefer small platform cars

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

2 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Same old moaners, knocking a lotus success story.

If success is built on deception, is it really success?

Or did JMG just take the initial 6 buyers as mugs?

andy

Success is built on sales, its 60 not 6.

6 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

Success is built on sales, its 606.

:lol:

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

The original release from Lotus, was 6 for the uk , Fact

12k deposit at time of order  Fact

No colour change except for the outside of the car  Fact

So if you had spent 120k on something that was going 1 of 6 in the uk wouldn't you be pissed?

As now you can have any colour, inside or out, calipers of what ever colour, and 4 times the amount of cars!

andy

37 minutes ago, booboo93 said:

So if you had spent 120k on something that was going 1 of 6 in the uk wouldn't you be pissed?

As now you can have any colour, inside or out, calipers of what ever colour, and 4 times the amount of cars!

regardless of the final production number it will be rarer than anything special from Maranello, Weissach, Sant'Agata Bolognese, or formerly Newport-Pagnel... 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, booboo93 said:

Yawn. We've done this numbers bit and it is getting tiresome now. The point has been well made so time to move on. Ironically the success may well mean the cars hold their value much better.

A great car. Bloody great owners. Let's have some more pictures of cars plus owners enjoying themselves. Inside and out.

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Someone give Andy back his login please...

• Like 1

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Should have some pics of three on track soon and I guarantee the owners will be having a ball 😄

Trevor.

• Like 2

I'll get around to it at some point.

I blame Trev for being greedy and taking 2 ;)

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501