free hit
counters
Help with a barn find. - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Help with a barn find.

Guest Odd_autos

Guest Odd_autos

Hi folks! I sent a message to Lotus today and they have recommended me to join this forum. I've just bought an original 1963 Lotus Super Seven, it's matching numbers and still has the original 1500cc twin Weber engine. It looks untouched and has been sat for decades in Italy, it was driven over there in the early 70's and left. All I'd like to know is what's not factory on the car, I can see it's got a fuel gauge on it which wasn't original but there is probably more. 

Many thanks,

Paul. 

IMG_2948.JPG

IMG_2953.JPG

IMG_2954.JPG

IMG_2956.JPG

IMG_3011.JPG

IMG_2955.JPG

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm sure @Guy Munday would be able to help, there's not much he doesn't know about the Seven. Welcome, and congrats on a special find too :)

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Welcome to TLF Paul. :welcome:

An original 7. Have to be happy with that.

You should duck over to the Introductions section and say hi in there as well. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...