free hit
counters
Norfolk mustard S4 - Page 11 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Question for the faithful (things that pop in your head in the wee hours)

My handbrake handle when knocked off doesn't sit flush to the sill top and has no spring to pull it back toward the sill.

On my Aston (slightly different set up as its a true knock off handle) it is pulled flat to the sill when not in use.

Should the Esprit one do this or at least sit flush as it annoyingly catches your foot when you enter. I think the gator may add to it sitting proud.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A good iron X, tar, snow foam and wash later revealed..... So the good bits are. Muuucho history and bills including full top end and gearbox rebuild at Lakeside 5k miles ago, RC inj

Just popped in to catch up on all things Lotus. As happens my last few months have been hijacked by family matters, specifically Daughters first car. Being a bit of an oddball like me she wasn’t happy

It’s a yes from me.  Pay day = membership upgrade.   New oil cooler installed. Caustic alchemy used to full effect.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Clarky5150 said:

You can fit then with an overlength hex bolt and a 13 mm nut Ian. Far easier than using the unwieldy tool. Getting the old ones out not great fun tho.

The jack nuts, or the rivnuts? I did manage to fit two new jack nuts to the engine bay side panels a few weeks ago, drilled the hole precisely, but still never managed to get them to pull up and lock properly. I finally got a nut and bolt on either side (is that what you're referring to?) but that kind of defeats the object of fitting one via one side of a panel.

Margate Exotics.

71f1q4h3eJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Jack nut

Rivnuts are much more of a pain to seat.

m10-rivet-nut-a2-stainless-29955-p.jpg

I assume they are called Jack nut as they collapse like a scissor jack. Can of worms opened??

No idea why they’re called that!

Rivnuts are a piece of cake to fit if they’re alloy, but the stainless steel ones are a pain, sadly that’s all I had in stock at the time.

Margate Exotics.

• 4 months later...

Ive found it mostly amusing myself. Engine out and on trolley single handed in 38 minutes. Not bad for a first time. I recon i could crack 20 now i know what im doing!