free hit
counters
Norfolk mustard S4 - Page 9 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Clarky5150

Norfolk mustard S4

The aircon has been fantastic over what was the hottest weekend of the year btw. Very pleased in that department ❄️👍🏻

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'd give the threads a good dose of easing oil of one's choice first, leave it overnight, then try to shock the lower locking nut into moving. I use a C-spanner for this, coupled with a suitably-weighted knocking stick. If the seat and locking nut both move, then you'll need to use another C-spanner to hold the seat while you beat seven bells carefully tap the C-spanner on the locking nut.

Assuming you manage to get the seat and locking nut separated and moving, then grease all the threads with some LM grease to prevent any locking up in the future. Wipe off the excess, obv.

Margate Exotics.

Thanks for the reply Ian. Its actually the adjuster knob not the spring platform. I keep these lathered with chain lube which seems to do the trick. 

My wife gave me that knowing glance when I mentioned I was asking advice on the forum for problems with a stiff knob.

Ah, I see. Yes, I’ve had that problem before, but on some Spax dampers. I seem to recall they were totally immovable, so I did precisely the same as you, just left them be. I suppose there’s a case for moving them back and forth during a service, although I’ve not had the same issue with the Gaz dampers I’ve been using for a while now.

I fully understand you’d want to be a bit careful about broadcasting the fact that your knob’s seized up.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

So the next job is front discs and pads. I know it’s a hub off job. Does anyone know of a walkthrough posted anywhere to assist with torque poundages etc?