free hit
counters
Lotus Elise Cup 260 - Page 2 - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Lotus Elise Cup 260

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This bad boy has just been delivered by Oakmere

Two new Cup260s waiting to be delivered to there new owners.

I was lucky to make that little video, during my yearly visit for maintenance. Both cars looks amazing in real life. I was impressed by the Empire green with silver wheels. The wing is huge, but I

Posted Images

I've been pondering whether to switch my 250 Cup order to one of these, but i think on balance I'll stick with the 250 which I have specced just as I want it.

It's a major price hike and I deliberately left off the carbon from my 250 Cup and the extra down force and adjustable dampers will only be useful to track addicts (rather than the occasional like me). I also don't think I could live with that rear wing!!

The 'Limited Edition' part sort of appeals, but I agree it won't be the last before 2020.

14 hours ago, Neal H said:

I've been pondering whether to switch my 250 Cup order to one of these, but i think on balance I'll stick with the 250 which I have specced just as I want it.

It's a major price hike and I deliberately left off the carbon from my 250 Cup and the extra down force and adjustable dampers will only be useful to track addicts (rather than the occasional like me). I also don't think I could live with that rear wing!!

The 'Limited Edition' part sort of appeals, but I agree it won't be the last before 2020.

I wouldn't bother. Just out of curiosity I asked the dealer I bought my car from what I would get for my less than a year old 250 Cup in part exchange and was told £37,500. You can get a whole lot of upgrades to your car for a tenth of depreciation price.

Also don't forget campers, Lotus 70 anniversary is just around the corner so there is bound to be a new version to celebrate that, maybe a 2-70 Cup:P

Why they puts street tyres over the ultimate track focused one?

The lack of the side skirts is because the ones fitted on the 2017 250 were ugly and unuseful?

And the very big rear wing with no increase in front aero will do the car understeer? 

Presumably there was similar moaning when Lotus launched the Exige Cup 260? 5 more bhp, carbon parts, and over £50k with extras back in 2009.

The same people seem to quite like them now and also seem happy to pay more for them than a used V6 Exige.

I absolutely adore the Exige Cup 260, always will, it's a close call but I think I'd take the new Elise Cup 260, just because it's brand new, I'll know the history and I can spec it how I'd like it. 

This internet moaning is so bad now on ph and elsewhere, you have to wonder why some of these people don't take up a new hobby.

Do you think fly fishermen constantly slag off every new fishing rod that come onto the market?

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Presumably there was similar moaning when Lotus launched the Exige Cup 260? 5 more bhp, carbon parts, and over £50k with extras back in 2009.

The same people seem to quite like them now and also seem happy to pay more for them than a used V6 Exige.

I absolutely adore the Exige Cup 260, always will, it's a close call but I think I'd take the new Elise Cup 260, just because it's brand new, I'll know the history and I can spec it how I'd like it. 

This internet moaning is so bad now on ph and elsewhere, you have to wonder why some of these people don't take up a new hobby.

Do you think fly fishermen constantly slag off every new fishing rod that come onto the market?

You are twinturban and I claim my five Pounds :D

• Haha 1

Haven't been near ph in years, it seems to have gotten even worse since I was last there. A toxic place of abject misery. I have no idea why anyone is on there anymore. I'm surprised you haven't got better things to do Arun!

I'm done with the place - again! If twin turbo posts again then you'll know it's not me!

• Like 2

Exige 260 Cup is an interesting comparison as values have rocketed! BUT, I think the Exige 260 Cup was the last of the line, the ultimate S2 Exige.

I don't think we're there yet with the S3 Elise.

4 hours ago, Composite guru said:

I recognize that name!! :lol:

Porsche bloke isn't happy.

I fear he’s 250Cup on here too. How ironic and par for his course... What a sh*t stirrer. Porsche911R I mean lol ? 

Sad.

I can't bring myself to post on ph but I'll say it here.

There are only 30 cars. This is not pissing on anyone.

Did anyone complain when they made the 340R? They made 340 of those!

As someone with a 250 Cup on order, I have no problem at all with the 260 Cup. The dealer gave me the option to switch my order but I declined.

I also don't think it pisses on anyone - it's top spec, significantly more money and they're only building 30.

I think it's a lovely bit of kit, just not for me.

• Like 2

Reasons why a 250 Cup owner need not feel aggrieved.

1. They have a 250 Cup.

2. They will never see a 260 Cup.

3. They will have more money in the bank.

4. They won't be surrounded by moaners wherever they go.

:thumbup:

• Like 2

What you fail to release is that everyone complains about something at some point, even now you're complaining about the complainers... if people want to aire their views about something then let them... sometimes we all have to suck up and suffer whatever it is someone is complaining about, rather than complain back.

...mkay... 

Guess it must be OK with you then if I air my views too? :stuart:

Sure, there will always be moaning about special editions, that's just what people feel obliged to do nowadays. But some people do appear to be getting genuinely upset about it, which is a shame (for them) as I think as there isn't great cause for concern for a number of reasons. To become instantly enraged by every Lotus update seems a bit OTT, I think they're just getting sucked into a general chorus of negativity which is often stirred up by a small number of individuals for reasons that I don't understand. It works though, Lotus literally won't be able to launch anything without getting slated for it.

While I think we could reasonably debate the speed of the updates, we all know that updates are necessary and that there will be many more updates on the way.

We are all aware that Lotus haven't had the money to develop all-new models since the Bahar madness. We are also all aware that all car makers develop their cars as time goes by. If they didn't there would be no end to the... you know what! :D

JMG promised that all the models would be made lighter and faster, he's made them more expensive in the process, we all know why that is too. Those that like the new cars can get involved. Those that think they're a rip off can, and will, stay away. I can't see any casualties here. Why should anyone be made to feel like an idiot for wanting an Elise Cup 260, whatever it costs? Plenty felt the GTE wasn't worth the asking price for them but generally they kept that to themselves rather than set about slagging it to death online. Lots of congratulations and goodwill on here towards GTE owners which was nice to see.

Isn't it actually better for Cup 250 owners that the 260 is much more expensive? A look through the classifieds suggests that the predicted residuals apocalypse hasn't actually shown up yet. Are 250 Cups suddenly worth less? No. Rightly so, they are no less brilliant. Evora 400 values have stood up remarkably well since the introduction of the Sport 410. In fact B&C have a 400 and a 410 at similar mileage for the same asking price currently. Evora S prices are still there or thereabouts. S2 Exige values continue to hold firm in the face of falling V6S values.

Elise sales have virtually flatlined so to be honest I'm amazed to see this much work going into just 30 cars. The Elise is a special car I'm delighted to see it being updated and kept going. I can totally respect why someone might have one over an Exige V6 but you have to be some kind of four cylinder Lotus connoisseur these days. Fair play to any that do. If no-one wants an ultimate Elise we'll find out soon enough.

More than enough hate out there already. Where's the love y'all?!

:wub:

• Like 2

lol, by all means, aire away... I was only complaining about the complainer doing the complaining about the complainers... it's a vicious circle :)

I've not been reading or following it too closely tbh, I was just responding to a couple of points you've made that I picked up on, that was all. It concerns me not they have released another model to supercede the one before it and the one before that. All I've seen are the pics Lotus published, which I immediately thought looked excellent btw but nothing really new, and then I heard the price...which I though was ridiculous. Especially if spec'd up its now pushing towards 70k!! That buys some serious s/hand metal!! However, saying all that im sure they will find 30 people willing to spend that sort of money which in turn will give them more ideas of raising the prices across the entire range..

Thats the only thing that annoys me about this last couple of years is the fact the cars 'are' becoming too expensive for what they are, like I said, it's nothing new, old designs just bolt ons and retrims. 

I personally can't see myself buying a new Lotus anytime soon which is a real shame. Whenever someone asked me 'how much was your car mister?', I'd always respond back that if you work hard enough an average Joe can own one, not anymore he can't.

I owned X2 Exige Cup 260's, 2008 track spec. & 2010 road spec. Anyone thinking the 2017 Elise Cup 260 is comparable is misled. Here are some of the key Cup specs of my 2010 : 

Carbon Interior : The whole dash panel, gear change cover, sill covers & seats were carbon

Carbon exterior : Splitter, rear wing, access panels, roof, side scoops, engine cover & top of the rear clam were carbon. The standard  dedicated Cup paint scheme highlighted this too.

Safety : T45 A frame, plumbed-in fire suppression installation, interior / exterior fire suppression & kill switches.

Engine & G'box : 257 BHP, light weigh flywheel, uprated clutch, pate LSD, Accuump oil control

Weight : Less than 900 KG wet, ready to drive - confirmed at Dubai Autodrome weigh scales with fuel, carpet set & factory AC option. Painted (not galvanised) rear subframe, no rear window, mini dry cell battery.

Suspension / Wheels / Tyres : Ohlins 2 way adjustable dampers, adj ARB & spring platforms, rear toe link brace. 5 spoke forged wheels & Toyo R888 

Brakes : 308mm alloy belled discs with AP 4 pot callipers. RS 4-2 pad set, braided flexi lines.  

... I'm sure theres more, but thats what I can remember off my head.   

Ask Lotus Cars to build an Elise Cup 260 to equal that spec and see what comes back.  The Elise Cup 260's spec is similar to what the aftermarket have offered for years. By contrast it would be completely unviable to convert a standard S2 Exige to full 2010 Cup 260 spec.

Sorry guys, but outside of Lotus Happy Clapping land, the Elise Cup 260 is a backwards step over what they built almost a decade ago. The latest quoted time frame for the new generation Elise is pushed back to 2021...  who knows, the SUV might be given priority  ? Lotus will need something smarter than premium priced  limited editions for the next 3 years 

Edited by Cain-it
  • Like 1

Most are big fans of the Exige Cup 260 here, so much so, some will rejoice at the thought of being able to buy something similar but brand new. The Elise 260 doesn’t appear to be a major step on from the Exige, engine wise a clear step down for those that love revs but in terms of downforce and mechanical grip the Elise version should be a clear step up and the price is not that far apart.

I can tell you that the Elise Cup 250 on 195 front AD048’s is very reminiscent of the S2 Exige and for me that is one of the great things about it. The Exige Cup 260 was the top Lotus track car at the time. The concept has been evolved considerably into the Exige Cup 380 so I think in that instance it’s OK to push the Elise into the gap left by the four cylinder Exige. Used values suggest there’s still demand for that sort of car.

I’ll reserve judgement on the Elise Cup 260 until I’ve driven it, as should everyone but chances are it would be pretty inconsistent to love one and hate the other.

12 hours ago, lovus said:

By looking at this model, can we conclude that the side skirts of the 250 cup are redundant?  It could be a good easy mod for weight reduction :) 

An interesting point. I will ask about this if we're invited up to the press launch.