free hit
counters
Lotus Elise Cup 260 - Page 3 - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
TLF News

Lotus Elise Cup 260

9 minutes ago, The Pits said:

An interesting point. I will ask about this if we're invited up to the press launch.

I reckon you need the front wheel arch vents to remove side skirts

but the hethel 250 Edition didn’t have the side skirts either 

5D0C7924-BD05-4A66-8164-DCF8F86ABE87.jpeg

Edited by SFO
  • Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
I have an Exige V6 S, but seeing this Elise 260 Cup, I'm thinking of it.

Over the years ... 1999-2001 Toyota Celica 1.8 ~ 2001-2004 Audi TT Quattro 225 hp ~ 2004-2005 Audi A3 2.0 TDI ~ 2005-2008 Honda S2000 ~ 2008-2014 Lotus Exige 240S ~ 2008-2012 Toyota Aygo 1.0 ~ June 2014-January 2015 Subaru WRX STI my 15 ~ 2013-November 2016 Lexus CT200h ~ NOW June 2015 Lotus Exige S V6 ~ December 2016 Honda Civic Type R FK2

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 09:36, The Pits said:

An interesting point. I will ask about this if we're invited up to the press launch.

Don't disagree that its possible to lose them...... was there not some chatter around the time of the MY17.5 that the side skirts didn't actually add to the downforce?

However.... I would argue.... really argue that the side skirts (and the totally wild MY16 rear diffuser) helped to really set the 250 apart from other "lesser" Elise. My biggest complaint with the new 260 (and the new MY17.5 250) is that from a distance it looks a lot like a standard Elise (not a bad thing) with a huge rear wing on it.

Make it one or other.

I have some pics taken on the Production Line when my 250 was getting built just before they fitted the aero kit (don't worry I wont share them) and the car looked really odd.... very naked and just not quite right. That's what I think of when I see the new Cups with the revised aero. Sorry :(

IMG_1301.JPG

IMG_1302.JPG

Edited by anthonyyule
  • Like 2

Yes original 250 Cup with carbon aero parts would do me nicely. Though I believe the 260 has finally eclipsed it in terms of downforce if the figures are accurate.

I guess its all done to the massive rear wing. Id love to know the differences between large rear wing (small diffuser) and large diffuser (smaller rear wing!)

Has the 260 eclipsed MY17.5 250 CUP aero or original 220/250 aero?........ just cant see how the standard Elise rear diffuser could be as effective as the original Cup's?

Great colour going to be even better in Fire Red

no one on TLF has ordered one ...

titanium exhaust is not standard 

the gold in the flesh is very cool..

spotted a stand with all the body panels  freshly painted being wheeled  out of the paint shop at the factory this week

Carfection do make some excellent videos. 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

I am wondering about the tyres, I could be wrong, but arn't those the same wheels/tyres you've been able to get since the launch of the Elise S Cup - the Lightweight R ones a step up from the forged which ended up being standard?

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

The car looks amazing on the video (half the battle admittedly) but I don't feel any the wiser about how it drives or compares to the 250 Cup.

All the positive points mentioned are available for much less with the other Elises. There was no convincing justification for the extra cost. I would have one in a heartbeat just for the way it looks and for being the 'ultimate Elise' but I'd also admit to being completely daft in the process. An early Cup 250 or Sprint 220 is all the Elise I could ever wish for.

I really hope someone here gets one. I'd genuinely love one. I think it's the coolest car Lotus make. Not the most awesome (GT430) or exciting (311). But the coolest. A gold £60k Elise. Fair play to Lotus for having the spuds to come out with that!

:thumbup:

• Like 1

I really can't help thinking that something better will be along shortly, not being cynical - just when you consider the Exige 430, which looks (I am hoping) to be it for a while and how that was a significant step up from the 1/2 dozen recent Exige model launches - if the same happens with the Elise (again hoping) then we could be in for a real treat. 

It needs the side skirts though.

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

12 hours ago, The Pits said:

The car looks amazing on the video (half the battle admittedly) but I don't feel any the wiser about how it drives or compares to the 250 Cup.

All the positive points mentioned are available for much less with the other Elises. There was no convincing justification for the extra cost. I would have one in a heartbeat just for the way it looks and for being the 'ultimate Elise' but I'd also admit to being completely daft in the process. An early Cup 250 or Sprint 220 is all the Elise I could ever wish for.

I really hope someone here gets one. I'd genuinely love one. I think it's the coolest car Lotus make. Not the most awesome (GT430) or exciting (311). But the coolest. A gold £60k Elise. Fair play to Lotus for having the spuds to come out with that!

:thumbup:

Having a 250 Cup a know for a fact it is going to be a fantastic car in pure isolation as a driving machine.

The problems is in IMHO is that 1) the car STARTS at 60k, once you spec it with the gold paint, titanium exhaust, air con etc is becomes a 70k car which is a lot of money for an Elise in anybody's book and 2) the new model is only a couple of years away.

Not sure what customer demographic Lotus are going for with this car. It's very expensive for a road car/track day car  and not exotic enough for anybody who has the money for a pure trackday toy i.e BAC Mono, Radical etc.To most people the basic Sprint would do  almost as well as the 260 Cup and certainly more in the bangs for bucks stakes. The fact that no one on this Forum has bought one, which is a Lotus fanboy site, speaks volumes. So it appears to be neither a car for Lotus fans looking for a step up and hardly the car to tempt people new to Lotus products. After all notwithstanding the competition there are lot more models in the Lotus line up that would appear to make more sense to those buyers.

Saying that I genuinely looked to px my original 250 Cup for one for the reason you mentioned, but the differential of 35K for a year old car did not make any logical sense.

Better off saving more pennies and get an Exige 430 Cup, which makes more sense (or a little more sense) or waiting only 2 years for the new model knowing Lotus is bound to make the car  a big step up in terms of development.

They should have made titanium exhaust standard instead of the CF front splitter and side sills 

19 minutes ago, SFO said:

They should have made titanium exhaust standard instead of the CF front splitter and side sills 

When the Cup 300 is released with new front clam, front & rear wheel arch vents, titanium exhaust & all the carbon bits; starting price £72500.00 yes for an Elise

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

There will be an all new Elise along in 20/21 and who knows what that will be like  - probably brilliant, but possibly very different. Just look at how S2 Exige values have held up, particularly the last generation Cup and RGB cars and those weren't cheap!

£62k++ is a lot of money, and will appeal to a very small audience, but they're only making 30 so they will sell them all. Is it worth £60k? It oozes nice features and the Elise is an iconic sports car. Longer term I wouldn't be surprised if this Elise follows the trend set by the S2 Exige 260 Cup, so £60k could be a bargain if you view it as a keeper.

I had the option to swap my 250 Cup order for a 260, but declined it on the basis that the extra £12k - £15k was a lot of money and I want to use my car and do a few track days, and not be too precious about it - which is why I also didn't spec the the carbon aero kit on the 250. I'm also thinking that if a whole new car is coming in two or three years, that will be the perfect time to think about swapping. But, if I was buying an Elise to be a long term keeper, I'd probably have bought a 260 Cup. The fact it's approaching V6 Exige money doesn't bother me (I've owned a V6 Exige and Evora 400) and I want an Elise this time - different kind of sports car!

Anyone on here in the process of buying an Elise 260 Cup?

Could someone very kindly photoshop the 260 in flame, fire red for me please:

lotus_elise_cup_260_1.jpg

lotus_elise_cup_260_2.jpg

Edited by PaulLF1

love the empire green (?) with silver wheels.

burnt orange (?) is lovely too

• Like 1

On 17/12/2017 at 12:48, PaulLF1 said:

Could someone very kindly photoshop the 260 in flame, fire red for me please:

Hi Paul, a bit late to the party here but as no one else has done it, here's a Flame(ish) Red photoshop:

EC260FR.thumb.jpg.8240122f60764d4fb03897a271e9b917.jpg