free hit
counters
Lotus Elise Cup 260 - Page 4 - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Elise Cup 260

TLF News

6 minutes ago, MesTCS said:

Hi Paul, a bit late to the party here but as no one else has done it, here's a Flame(ish) Red photoshop:

EC260FR.thumb.jpg.8240122f60764d4fb03897a271e9b917.jpg

Looks stunning my favourite Lotus colour at the moment.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, T_Exige said:

I was lucky to make that little video, during my yearly visit for maintenance.
Both cars looks amazing in real life. I was impressed by the Empire green with silver wheels.
The wing is huge, but I actually love it! The sound was great too!

Can't say a bad word about these cars to be honest, great pick for anyone who decides to give the extra ££'s

Well said T_Exige, nice for someone being positive about the brands new products, especially when you are one of the very few to see and hear what I think is a great addition the recent new line up.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Still zero UK sales to my knowledge but Thierry Verhiest appears to be finding buyers.

I love it mainly as a statement for how much I love the Elise. Main problem is knowing how happy I'd be with a 220 Sprint.

So, just to be clear, the Elise Cup 250 makes 243bhp and the Elise Cup 260 makes 250bhp.

Whereas the Exige Cup 260 made 257bhp and the Exige Cup 430 makes 430bhp. 

:stuart:

Has the guy who makes up the names been fired and rehired several times?

It is hard to justify to yourself the extra cost of the 260 Cup over the 250 Cup, especially when (to my eyes) the 250 Cup is a better looking Elise and will have near identical performance. Yes, the 260 has lots of lovely carbon, adjustable dampers and a massive rear wing.

I had the option to switch my order, but decided to stick with a 250, which isn't much more than a decent spec 220 Sprint.

I'll envy anyone who buys one, but not enough to make me wish I'd paid the extra. I still believe though that a few years down the line the 260 will enjoy a healthy second hand premium over other Elises - assuming it does end up as the ultimate current generation Elise (far from guaranteed!).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Pits said:

Still zero UK sales to my knowledge but Thierry Verhiest appears to be finding buyers.

I love it mainly as a statement for how much I love the Elise. Main problem is knowing how happy I'd be with a 220 Sprint.

So, just to be clear, the Elise Cup 250 makes 243bhp and the Elise Cup 260 makes 250bhp.

Whereas the Exige Cup 260 made 257bhp and the Exige Cup 430 makes 430bhp. 

:stuart:

Has the guy who makes up the names been fired and rehired several times?

I was thinking of placing an order not so long ago and I was told that if I had placed the order, my car would have been the 1st UK registered 260 Cup.

So yes sales are not strong at the moment.

Due to unforseen circumstances, things are on hold at the moment, but I can see myself waiting for an elise that has a proper 260 or even 275bhp and the looks of the 250 Cup.

Whether Lotus will offer such a car remains to be seen, but I think they will.

What’s the price difference between 260 and 250?

not that I can find a price list for either.

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Just now, SFO said:

about £13000

Seriously?! 250 £price plus £13k!?

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

12 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

Seriously?! 250 £price plus £13k!?

you get lots of CF as standard: front splitter, front access panel, roll hoop cover, engine cover, rear spoiler, side sills. And I think instrument binnacle cover  

plus nitrons, light weight discs and bonnet vents. 

that’s all I can remember off the top of my head

Edited by SFO

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/03/2018 at 14:55, PaulLF1 said:

I think the 250 Cup looks way better.

large.5a2a853e20719_Elise250.jpg.bbd29ae480d21662f4e3d0baa5b6f0f8.jpg

100% agree. This is perfect. The canard style wing tucks in and and I'm sure does enough work. I like the high wing on the Evora 430 and it's ok on the Exige but looks a bit too much on the Elise imo. That extra bit of downforce at whatever speed.. hmmmm.  If that wasn't OEM and one of us put it on I think there might be a bit of banter on here !! 😳🙈😂😂😂😂🤦‍♂🤦‍♂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

some more pics, taken from a video showing the cars being delivered to a dealer.

1.jpg.214db383956c0ef60d475e91d8469a81.jpg2.jpg.9ef4987ac4f0005bee5e514921e3e3d1.jpg3.jpg.b8d27d7ab98ff16af8ca1466c5f11b2d.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...