free hit
counters
Lotus Elise Cup 260 - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
TLF News

Lotus Elise Cup 260

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Bit disappointing that they have gone with the down rated aero kit and now got rid of the Sill Strakes.

I have a 220 Cup and think the car looks far more aggressive with the old kit on.

Edited by Composite guru

the front wheel arch louvres are beautifully done, cleaner than the Evora

25 minutes ago, 250Cup said:

the cup 250 did not have 250BHP

all though the cup 260 does now have 250bhp :-)

I think I'll wait until they release another special edition next week. Maybe the cup 265 with 261bhp? :P or maybe christmas edition which will come in snow white or santa claus red only?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AdamK said:

K’inell......£60k + options for an Elise. 

I didn't see the price... wowsers! Still looks nice but that's all I'll be doing, looking!

The whole special edition thing makes it also rather complicated for potential used car buyers as well as maybe depreciation for standard cars (which is not good for seller)...

I

37 minutes ago, TheKevlarKid said:

By the time 2020 comes we'll be looking at a 100k Elise at this rate!

Indeed, at the current pace we should have a 290hp which means 300 horses and the weight should be down to something like 800kg kerb once in Cup 300 Sport configuration (no front splitter, no wing)

It is very pretty... but it makes the Cup 250 introduced back in what june look half backed.

Agree with the comment about the lack of aero bits. No barge boards/sills. But there will probably be a 260R within a couple of months with those fitted... This is gettong ridiculus. Please start to provide spare parts to those that are waiting instead!

I like that there are no side barge boards as it retains the clean shape

Just noticed metallic paint now at £825 compared to £750 earlier this year. 

• Like 1

What a thing though! Loved the Cup 250, this one looks even more saucy. All hail the return of Championship Gold! Really hope to be seeing some more of the range in this.

The old S2 Exige Cup 260s are asking £55k now and this one is brand new plus one of only 30.

Massive respect to those who prioritize lightweight, feel and purity over bhp. Anyone paying more than a V6 for an Elise is my instant hero, even if I'd more likely go V6 just like everyone else.

Can't ever quite shake the fun I had over 5 years in my Elise though. Keep thinking I might get another one when I get a bit older and wiser.

2 hours ago, SFO said:

I like that there are no side barge boards as it retains the clean shape

Just noticed metallic paint now at £825 compared to £750 earlier this year. 

That was the point of the Cup though. It's just a standard looking Elise with a big wing on it now. 

• Thanks 1

Danny Bahar was right! How they scoffed when he suggested a £100,000 Lotus, "nobody will pay that for a Lotus." 

Now we have £120,000 Evora and £60,000 Elise..... small volume needs high value to survive, he was just ahead of his time.... and a bit too spendy lol.

On 10/20/2017 at 14:16, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

If you want something cheaper and 1.5 seconds per Hethel lap quicker, you could always buy an Exige Sport 350.

FROM £57,200

i just get so confused with lotus models,

there seems no price model structure at all

surely thats a no brainer to get the exige s 350 instead...so much more for less   what am i missing? is it just me that thinks this way, or is there some magical reason why an 60K elise is a sensible option of the exige..

now a standard elise is 30k...  so thats 30k extra...  for this version.... just

bonkers.. 

love the colour scheme..... 

Edited by andyj007

21 hours ago, Composite guru said:

That was the point of the Cup though. It's just a standard looking Elise with a big wing on it now. 

Suppose Lotus should have designated the car as Cup 255, 180kilo's of aero is pretty impressive.

Lotus are not really doing anything different to how the last of the S2 Cup Exige IIRC they went 250, 255 & 260 pretty quickly and look how much they are fetching now as Jonny states above

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Doesn't take too many ticks of the extras box to get over £70,000 which is crazy for an Elise or any 4 cylinder car for that matter and close to the Evora 400 /Exige 350  Sport which makes you wonder who will buy one.

And as far as residuals go, there are a number of 250 Cups for sale in the region of £40,000 or a 30% depreciation. There are so many new "Specials" now that I don't think they will appreciate in price, look what 220 Cups now go for.

A pound to a penny that before 2020 's new Elise there will be many more reincarnations.

A clear example of the law of diminishing returns

This, the Exige Cup 380 and Evora GT430 all share a similar approach and market testing price. Vented arches, lots of carbon, big motorsports wing, wider tyres, brake upgrade, modest power increase. If the GT430 is anything to go by, there will be a big gain in performance that those only looking at the power increase are missing. They are also the most exciting versions of each model to date.

My version of Jay Leno’s Garage would have all three parked next to each other. There would be days when the Elise would be the first choice. Sometimes you need to drive bigger, more powerful, more expensive stuff to appreciate how special the Elise still is.

That said, you could argue that the ultimate purists Elise is the 134bhp Sprint which is available for a lot less. 220 Sprint appeals to me a huge amount too, probably all the Elise anyone could wish for but those wheel arch vents, giant wing, fat tyres, adjustable Nitrons and all the rest make it desirable beyond reason for me. Power increase is neither here nor there.

• Like 1

I was referring to the cars currently on sale, obvs!