free hit
counters
Lotus Elite S2.2 1981 – Altair Green - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Elite S2.2 1981 – Altair Green

Four Seater Fibreglass Bodied Sports Coupe
Galvanised Chassis
Lotus 912 LC 2.2 Litre Twin Cam Engine
Twin Dellorto 45DHLA Carburettors
160 bhp, Torque 160 ft lb @ 5000rpm
Manual Getrag 5 Speed Gearbox
Green Leather Interior
Electric Windows
Rear Seat Belts
Sunroof
JVC Radio/CD Player
Rear Wiper
Speedline Alloy Wheels
107,000 miles
Engine rebuild at 99,000
Full Dealer Stamped Service History
MOT April 2018
Alarm/Immobiliser
Cheap Classic Car Insurance

Huge history file, £40K worth of bills (yes forty thousand), maintained to a very high degree by meticulous owners, full details upon request.

Don’t let these large bills put you off owning such a classic car, all were charged at Lotus dealership rates and display how meticulous and fastidious previous owners were, these cars are not complex and can be run on a budget by the competent home mechanic even using brand new genuine Lotus parts, they are really no different to owning and maintaining most classic cars.

The history file also shows 25 previous MOTs showing that this Elite has been used on a regular basis as all Lotuses should be, the mileage of 107,000 is an average of just over 3,000 miles a year but that is a typical average usage of a classic car.

The engine was rebuilt at just under 100,000 miles so only less than 8,000 miles on current engine, this will be good for another 100,000 with correct maintenance.

Stamped Lotus Dealer Service History booklet to 103,288.

Numerous old tax discs.

The Lotus Elite is an appreciating classic that can be used and enjoyed for many many years to come, with a fibreglass body and a galvanised chassis the only thing that tends to destroy them is fire.

Just 121 Lotus Elite S2.2 models were produced, making it a very rare car, Andy Graham, archivist at Lotus Cars, has confirmed that there were only 4 produced in Altair Green (the Chapman’s favourite colour) making this an incredibly rare example.

The Elite was a design concept far ahead of its time, it is true to say that it went through a period of derision, but it is now being appreciated for the great car it always was, with Esprit S1 prices hitting over £100,000 (one recently sold for £105,000) it will have a knock on effect to the lesser Lotus models, although in my humble view I consider the Elite/Eclat to be the equal of any Esprit, and yes I have owned several Esprit models including an Essex Esprit Turbo which would also be valued in excess of £100,000 in today’s market.

The Elite can be viewed at my address in Enfield North London anytime.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C925456

David

The post Lotus Elite S2.2 1981 – Altair Green appeared first on lotusforsale.com.

View the full article

Auto-generated post from www.lotusforsale.com - Click 'view full article' to respond to the poster.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, rjwooll said:

Nice car - but I do like the blue one in the backgound in some of the shots - it's mine!

Richard

Fine pair of Elites in contrasting colours, and that's you lurking in the background in your hi viz if I am not mistaken, can't believe it was 2 years ago on the LotusExcel.net stand at the NEC, are you displaying this year Richard? (the car that is!).

Few more pics of my Elite in a video I posted in 2015.

Regards

David

On 21/10/2017 at 10:57, LotusElan17 said:

Fine pair of Elites in contrasting colours, and that's you lurking in the background in your hi viz if I am not mistaken, can't believe it was 2 years ago on the LotusExcel.net stand at the NEC, are you displaying this year Richard? (the car that is!).

Few more pics of my Elite in a video I posted in 2015.

Regards

David

Yes David, it is me in my regulation hi-vis! I'll be back with my car this year. Are you coming along?

Richard

Won't be displaying the Elite but I hope to be attending the show, will look out for you, friend Alister is keen to chat with you more about your hybrid conversion as both he and I will get around to it one day.