free hit
counters
Battery Conditioner - Wiring question - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

I've had my V6 for all of 10 days now and already I'm planning my first (very) minor mod....

I have a Ctek battery conditioner, which has served me very well over the years.   On my Elise S1 I made a charging lead that was permanently attached to the battery terminals, so I could hook up the Ctek really easily.

On the V6, I was all ready to remove the battery in the boot and do the same - but them I remembered the 'auxiliary' battery terminals in the front compartment.    Is there any reason I can't simply attach my charging lead to these (permanently) rather than attach them directly to the battery?    The power socket I use in my garage for the Ctek is directly opposite the bottom of the windscreen - so ideal for this, rather than at the back of the car...

To be clear, my charging lead has ring terminals on the battery end, and a Tamiya-style connector on the other (inside a waterproof rubber cover).

Also, the manual says to wait 30 minutes with ignition off before disconnecting the battery - I presume if I do this, with the alarm disarmed, it won't send the alarm crazy when I disconnect the first terminal.....?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More graceful than driving off forgetting it's plugged in and ripping your charger off the wall! Only did it the once!

I've use a Ctek MXS 5.0, which comes with the new style rubber and orange plastic connector rather than the old Tamiya style (there are adters to go either way BTW). I have installed my "Comfort Connector with charge indicator" on the jump points under the front access cover. This allows me to leave the "waterproof" connector in the drain channel at the base of the windscreen. When I want to plug in, I just fish it out and plug the charger in.

One of my next little projects is to print a part to allow me to use a "magsafe" style connector I found on ebay. Again I hope to site this at the base of the windscreen.

On 23/10/2017 at 14:37, MartynB said:

...I have installed my "Comfort Connector with charge indicator" on the jump points under the front access cover. This allows me to leave the "waterproof" connector in the drain channel at the base of the windscreen. When I want to plug in, I just fish it out and plug the charger in.

Nice. I had been wondering the same as Daveb99. I had the setup on my S1 and it’s very convenient coupled with a conditioner appropriately fixed on the wall. In fact I know someone who sites there’s on the garage roof and has the mag style connection so when they leave the garage he doesn’t  even bother to unplug. He can just drive off. It looks more graceful than it sounds. :-)