free hit
counters
Which month for fan Evora 10th Anniversary Tour? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Which month for fan Evora 10th Anniversary Tour?

Evora 10th Anniversary Tour - which month?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As discussed in this thread, we are considering an Evora Tour next Summer. So, which month as a start would be the preference of those interested? Read about the plans at https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/90005-evora-10th-anniversary-tour/?page=1

Also, please add your name(s) to the list below if you are interested (non-binding).

1. Stefan and Maria Axelsson, Evora S

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After living up here for 22 years I have a view on the weather. Generally, May can be a very pleasant month. Usually dryer than normal and the days are starting to stretch with good light al

1. Stefan and Maria Axelsson, Evora S 2. DaveC72, Evora S (unless it's June, sorry) 3. Tony, Evora GT430 (based in the middle of the proposed route so will come along for some, but not all,

Sept might be the best time for it but I’m not sure I can wait that long!

Evora launch was July 22nd 2018. That’s a Sunday in 2018. How about starting it then?

• Gold FFM

After living up here for 22 years I have a view on the weather.

Generally,

May can be a very pleasant month. Usually dryer than normal and the days are starting to stretch with good light all around.

June is often quite a wet month up here and not ideal as the "midges" hatch and generally the hungry little bar stewards will flock around anything that looks or smells like human meat.  Don't do it.

July, warmer than May and June and usually much dryer than June.  Still quite a few of the little midgelings chasing after your blood though.

So for me, just down to weather and midges, May would be preferred. Also, stay away from the bank holidays and the roads will be quieter as the kids are still in school. 

The kids in Scotland finish school in early July (2, sometimes 3 weeks before the English break up)so you do get an exodus of locals, meaning even quieter roads, as many Scots shoot off for a 2 week holiday before the English break up. Nothing to do with anything sinister, more to do with the fact that the flights from English airports like Newcastle, Leeds, Liverpool and Manchester mean the holidays are much cheaper than going when the english are off too.  I used to do this myself and would regularly save £400 - £650 per holiday!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
52 minutes ago, anthonyyule said:

1. Stefan and Maria Axelsson, Evora S

2. DaveC72, Evora S (unless it's June, sorry)

3. Tony, Evora GT430 (based in the middle of the proposed route so will come along for some, but not all, of it)

4.C8RKH - based in Perthshire and will sort out the route from Edinburgh through Fife/Perthshire/Angus as the one you have proposed is rubbish and there are way better roads to have some Lotus fun on.... :)   

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

3. Tony, Evora GT430 (based in the middle of the proposed route so will come along for some, but not all, of it)

4.C8RKH - based in Perthshire and will sort out the route from Edinburgh through Fife/Perthshire/Angus as the one you have proposed is rubbish and there are way better roads to have some Lotus fun on.... :)   

5. Bibs

• Thanks 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

31 minutes ago, Bibs said:

4.C8RKH - based in Perthshire and will sort out the route from Edinburgh through Fife/Perthshire/Angus as the one you have proposed is rubbish and there are way better roads to have some Lotus fun on.... :)   

5. Bibs

6. Arregueti (May would work better for me)

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, Arregueti said:

5. Bibs

6. Arregueti (May would work better for me)

7. Blindside (Jimmy), Evora Sport 410, May is best for me. Probably just join for the west coast part of the route if that's OK.

On 2017-10-22 at 16:56, The Pits said:

Sept might be the best time for it but I’m not sure I can wait that long!

Evora launch was July 22nd 2018. That’s a Sunday in 2018. How about starting it then?

There has been several advise to avoid July-August due to traffic. Our last visit was end of July - early August and it was pretty horrible when we approached Lake District. Driving around Scotland behind a bunch of caravans doesn't seem that fun.

• Gold FFM

The caravans are usually English, the motorhomes are nearly all from Scandinavia, Holland and Germany!

Don't tell Juncker's though or he'll hide his EU Super Army in them and we'll be invaded silently.