free hit
counters
New Esprit Register - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

New Esprit Register

I've been gathering data from across the internet to assemble the attached. I couldn't find the information I wanted (no. of Turbos built in Ice Blue - Answer 38 UK) elsewhere so took on the task of uncovering it myself. Along the way I was finding so much I thought I may as well record it all. At c.1500 entries though I've exhausted all resources so am hoping it will be useful to others on here and that you can help contribute towards it. Most of your cars will probably be on here but you may be able to fill in gaps.

Esprit Register.pdf

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Lex Templar yes I am, I cover all the wedge Lotus' now. Have got 172 Elite, 245 Eclat, 1553 Excel and 4005 Esprit with varying amounts of data from just reg and chassis number up to full build record

@LJR are you still working on this? I have to say it's quite the document and I've just discovered it. I've been able to cross reference a few images I had with number plates you had with a s/n b

• Gold FFM

My car's chassis numbed ends 1010 - does this mean it is the first production S3? (it certainly has a few S2 similar features in one or two places) and I know it is an early car. It was also originally black and has L15 stamped on the ID plate in the front boot.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

24 minutes ago, skiing said:

My car's chassis numbed ends 1010 - does this mean it is the first production S3? (it certainly has a few S2 similar features in one or two places) and I know it is an early car. It was also originally black and has L15 stamped on the ID plate in the front boot.

According to my research, yes

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Where is the link to the registry Bibs? I have gone searching, but can't seem to find it.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 2 years later...

@LJR are you still working on this?

I have to say it's quite the document and I've just discovered it. I've been able to cross reference a few images I had with number plates you had with a s/n but no colour.

The current dry sump list is pretty good now and has a few that you are missing here.

Lex.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

@Lex Templar yes I am, I cover all the wedge Lotus' now. Have got 172 Elite, 245 Eclat, 1553 Excel and 4005 Esprit with varying amounts of data from just reg and chassis number up to full build record. I haven't been on here in a while as I also have a Jaguar/Daimler XJC register and with a bit of spare time during lockdown have been learning to build a website for all the data. I aim to do something similar to this for the wedge Lotus' eventually.

Take a look at work in progress here and what data a Lotus site might have: www.xjc-register.co.uk

Here is what I have in terms of Esprit, split by vin sequence formats

S1 - 173

S2 - 227

S2.2/S3/Turbo - 1619

X180/SE - 1034

S4/SE/S300/S4s/V8/GT3 - 509

V8 SE/V8 GT/GT3/S350 - 443

• Like 2